How many songs do you have in your music library?
Oct 9, 2013 at 7:53 AM Post #496 of 615
I don't want to whip thru all the 33 pages on this thread, but surely no else alive has that many TB of high rez music.  

I've met a few with much more. One guy has 1.2 million tracks, 100% flac rips. My sister in law has over 100,000 CDs/records but she hasn't ripped anything...one day I'll get my hands on her collection :)

Oct 9, 2013 at 9:27 AM Post #498 of 615

I don't want to whip thru all the 33 pages on this thread, but surely no else alive has that many TB of high rez music.  

4.6TB ranging from FLAC to DSD. Most of it from brunk, THE MAN WITH 276364 FILES/10TB
beerchug.gif

Yeah I don't think there's too many people that have a collection equivalent to mine lol. Especially 3TB of 24-bit or DSD material that is not vinyl rips. It's nice to have it as my own, and the best part is that it's all in a mini-itx enclosure. It's backed up to a RAID box though.

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

Oct 12, 2013 at 1:48 AM Post #499 of 615

Yeah I don't think there's too many people that have a collection equivalent to mine lol. Especially 3TB of 24-bit or DSD material that is not vinyl rips. It's nice to have it as my own, and the best part is that it's all in a mini-itx enclosure. It's backed up to a RAID box though. DarKen23, I'm more than happy to spread the wealth with you man!

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct_Stream_Digital#The_Future_of_DSD This kind of DSD? I'm not familiar with this kind of storage. It seems like it's able to have an even higher sampling rate than from vinyl (does that even have any affect on the albeit non-audible sound quality)? So many questions here.

Also, I'll take this opportunity to proudly say I've increased my catalogue. has increased to 182GB of music, with 3,980 songs.

Oct 12, 2013 at 11:15 AM Post #501 of 615

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct_Stream_Digital#The_Future_of_DSD This kind of DSD? I'm not familiar with this kind of storage. It seems like it's able to have an even higher sampling rate than from vinyl (does that even have any affect on the albeit non-audible sound quality)? So many questions here.

Also, I'll take this opportunity to proudly say I've increased my catalogue. has increased to 182GB of music, with 3,980 songs.

Yeah that kind DSD. The main difference here that i audibly find of DSD vs. Vinyl is that DSD has the blackest blackground that vinyl can only dream of. There also seems to be a particular "airiness" up high too that I think may be a benefit of the noise-shaping that DSD allows for, which marketing aside, is the main advantage of DSD. I won't go into more detail as it's OT for this thread and there are tons of articles about these topics. 

Nice collection!

Oct 13, 2013 at 5:08 PM Post #504 of 615
Quote:  7/26/13

98% Lossless FLAC/ALAC/APE/WAV

It's taken a long time to get to this point.

L3000.gif

Quote: 8/13/2013
  I have a little over 1tb 24bit material and 99% lossless 
biggrin.gif

Quote: 9/23/2013
  Current library update 
biggrin.gif

Quote: 10/7/2013
  Just hit double-digit terabytes. 10TB FLAC library 
biggrin.gif

+27,150 in 2 weeks , +81,120 in just over 10 weeks ?? - expensive addiction - how do you get the time  ??

Oct 13, 2013 at 6:07 PM Post #506 of 615
Oct 13, 2013 at 7:21 PM Post #507 of 615
I simply cannot say enough positive things about Google Play Music All Access.

No other subscription service seamlessly integrates my personal collection with a vast library of nearly 20 million songs.  With practically any standard internet connection, the quality is nearly indistinguishable from lossless for most of us. 

The genre radio stations are fantastic, and it is just so much fun.  For listening to music on a computer, it is bliss.  

Because most of my music library is already saved at LAME vbr V0 @ ~320 mbps, I'd have to seriously consider Google's entire All Access library as my own accessible locker to music, along with my personal CD collection that I have uploaded to this service.

Oct 13, 2013 at 7:28 PM Post #508 of 615

No other subscription service seamlessly integrates my personal collection with a vast library of nearly 20 million songs.  With practically any standard internet connection, the quality is nearly indistinguishable from lossless for most of us. 

The genre radio stations are fantastic, and it is just so much fun.  For listening to music on a computer, it is bliss.  

Because most of my music library is already saved at LAME vbr V0 @ ~320 mbps, I'd have to seriously consider Google's entire All Access library as my own accessible locker to music, along with my personal CD collection that I have uploaded to this service.

+1 for the Google Play service, it is awesome. Hopefully someday we will see full CD quality streaming from Google or another service. It's too bad it isn't legal to create an open-source initiative to preserve what we have around the entire world for the future and be able to literally have the entire globe connected with music of the finest quality. Archive.org on steroids i suppose :)

Oct 13, 2013 at 7:45 PM Post #509 of 615

Interesting, I look into google play music. I assume they have radio stations similar to podcasts? Are stations aired in the uk available to me?

Oct 13, 2013 at 7:52 PM Post #510 of 615
  +1 for the Google Play service, it is awesome. Hopefully someday we will see full CD quality streaming from Google or another service. It's too bad it isn't legal to create an open-source initiative to preserve what we have around the entire world for the future and be able to literally have the entire globe connected with music of the finest quality. Archive.org on steroids i suppose :)

I am only paying $8/month for Google's service as it is now.  I'd pay a lot more for a lossless music service, even though from personal testing I am unable to distinguish between my songs encoded as mp3.  I really enjoy selecting a radio station based on something like Jethro Tull's "Aqualung", and in that session a personally uploaded Led Zeppelin song from the Houses of the Holy album plays.  I don't even bother with album cover art anymore, as Google does a dandy job with matching the ablum art to the album/tracks, provided you have tagged your music correctly.  I recently added a couple of albums from Tool to my Google library.  The album art covers were perfect, and now I get a mix of Tool songs in my random listening sessions.  The pertinent radio genres will also use any of my uploaded songs on occasion.  It's nice to have songs from my own, uploaded, Bob Seger albums appear in a 70's rock radio station, where Mr. Seger has, so far, dropped out of the entire online streaming music scene.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back