How many songs do you have in your music library?
Aug 13, 2013 at 1:28 PM Post #466 of 615
Quote:
Good lord

I have a little over 1tb 24bit material and 99% lossless 
biggrin.gif

Aug 13, 2013 at 4:15 PM Post #468 of 615
Quote:
Wow, that's insane. Never mind listening to it; how do you even enjoy (what I presume are) such varied genres to amass that many tunes?

I'm currently sitting at 143GB of music (multiple sample rates and 16/24 bit), with 2,982 songs.

About half the time i just put my whole library on shuffle, unless im in the mood for a specific genre or band. You name it, I pretty much have it lol. My recent acquisitions im proud of are the Rush - Sectors and Studio albums from HDTracks in 24/96 and The Beatles - USB 24/44 set.

Aug 13, 2013 at 9:23 PM Post #469 of 615
Quote:
About half the time i just put my whole library on shuffle, unless im in the mood for a specific genre or band. You name it, I pretty much have it lol. My recent acquisitions im proud of are the Rush - Sectors and Studio albums from HDTracks in 24/96 and The Beatles - USB 24/44 set.

Man "The Beatles" 24/44 is the best.  Unless you have a high end vinyl player and all the necessary gear   that it takes to play vinyl right, the 24/44 is as close to Beatles audio nirvana that I have ever heard.

Aug 13, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #470 of 615
Quote:
Man "The Beatles" 24/44 is the best.  Unless you have a high end vinyl player and all the necessary gear   that it takes to play vinyl right, the 24/44 is as close to Beatles audio nirvana that I have ever heard.

Not to mention getting your hands on the originals too, and the usual pops and clicks that are to be expected of a vinyl that age and calibre. I have a stereo re-master of Abbey Road on Vinyl and it sounds great on my rig with that nice warm smooth sound, but the 24-bit set is definitely a no-brainer for 99% of people on here.

Aug 13, 2013 at 11:23 PM Post #471 of 615
Quote:
Not to mention getting your hands on the originals too, and the usual pops and clicks that are to be expected of a vinyl that age and calibre. I have a stereo re-master of Abbey Road on Vinyl and it sounds great on my rig with that nice warm smooth sound, but the 24-bit set is definitely a no-brainer for 99% of people on here.

I totally agree, on so many level this flash works for me. I'm more into computer audio and having all the albums in a convenient hi res state really works well.  
beerchug.gif

Aug 13, 2013 at 11:24 PM Post #472 of 615
Quote:
I totally agree, on so many level this flash works for me. I'm more into computer audio and having all the albums in a convenient hi res state really works well.  
beerchug.gif

Indeed, gotta love that apple too! 
beerchug.gif

Aug 21, 2013 at 1:22 AM Post #474 of 615
Quote:
129 artists 433 albums 4706 songs

Time flies, fast forward 9 months and now it's 1131 albums and 11853 songs :). it's 123.5 gbs. it was like heaven for my iPod Classic but the HDD died and now I'm using a 4gb Clip Zip + 32gb micro sd, just not enough but at least I can have the real essentials 
rolleyes.gif

Aug 21, 2013 at 3:10 AM Post #475 of 615
Have you guys heard the 2012 Vinyl releases vs the USB? I think they are very nice. The USB is a little bit on the boosted side (lacking dynamics) vs the older vinyl and the 2012 versions. Both are still very good though.

Aug 21, 2013 at 10:21 AM Post #476 of 615
Quote:

Hi there, would it be possible that one could see your music list? I would very much like to get some files in lossless and cannot seem to find them anywhere. Some examples would be Christine Glass, Darshan Ambient, Chris Tomlin and many more. I'd appreciate any input.

ionut

Aug 21, 2013 at 12:01 PM Post #477 of 615
Quote:
i have almost a terabyte of music spread across most any genre you can imagine, i would probably have 3tb by now if it wasnt for my habit of completely eradicating my entire collection by some preventable accident or just sheer stupidity :frowning2:

so so soooooo many lost and rare recordings i will probably never ever see again :frowning2:

this for me as well

Aug 21, 2013 at 12:21 PM Post #478 of 615

I met with the archive staff this morning for an hour. They promised me that a close estimate of the number of songs could be produced by this same time next year, give or take a month or two.

Aug 21, 2013 at 12:58 PM Post #479 of 615
Quote:

I met with the archive staff this morning for an hour. They promised me that a close estimate of the number of songs could be produced by this same time next year, give or take a month or two.

blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back