How many songs do you have in your music library?
Oct 13, 2013 at 7:54 PM Post #511 of 615
Interesting, I look into google play music. I assume they have radio stations similar to podcasts? Are stations aired in the uk available to me?

When mentioning radio stations, these are basically playlists of music revolving around specific genres of music, and not a broadcast radio station.  Sorry about the confusion.  

Oct 13, 2013 at 7:57 PM Post #512 of 615
Interesting, I look into google play music. I assume they have radio stations similar to podcasts? Are stations aired in the uk available to me?

Google Play's radio stations are generated. You choose a specific song/album/genre/etc to start a radio station to, and Google creates a list of music based on that, as well as your tastes (Albums in your library, playlists, liked and disliked songs)

Oct 13, 2013 at 8:12 PM Post #513 of 615
Hmm..Does anyone have a recommendation or a good source to tap into radio shows that broadcast in the UK? Id really like to listen to radio shows like KISS 100, Transitions radio hosted by John Digweed, BBC Radio1 hosted by Pete Tong.

Oct 13, 2013 at 8:16 PM Post #514 of 615
Hmm..Does anyone have a recommendation or a good source to tap into radio shows that broadcast in the UK? Id really like to listen to radio shows like KISS 100, Transitions radio hosted by John Digweed, BBC Radio1 hosted by Pete Tong.

That's a really good question. Some time back i did find a site that would upload Digweed's latest streams available for download. The site was called "tribal" something. I'm stumped on the UK streaming though. I'll have to use my Google-Fu 
biggrin.gif

Oct 13, 2013 at 8:27 PM Post #515 of 615

That's a really good question. Some time back i did find a site that would upload Digweed's latest streams available for download. The site was called "tribal" something. I'm stumped on the UK streaming though. I'll have to use my Google-Fu :D  
:D, especially the KISS100FM--Man, there are some sets played that are worth gold. The radio in UK air some of the best electronica music you can find, where as the radio here airs unbearable hip hop.....:rolleyes:

Oct 13, 2013 at 8:29 PM Post #516 of 615
biggrin.gif
, especially the KISS100FM--Man, there are some sets played that are worth gold. The radio in UK air some of the best electronica music you can find, where as the radio here airs unbearable hip hop.....
rolleyes.gif

So true 
frown.gif

Oct 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM Post #517 of 615
It just keeps on growing...
biggrin.gif

Oct 25, 2013 at 8:46 PM Post #518 of 615
I just checked and I have 3,500 songs in my library which is a joke compared to the amounts some people here have.

And am I the only one who chose Reggae for the poll?

Oct 26, 2013 at 12:01 AM Post #519 of 615
Over 14,000 songs, all 16/44, 24/88, 24/96 and a few 24/192 native resolution FLAC, all downloaded from HDTracks

Oct 26, 2013 at 12:30 AM Post #521 of 615
biggrin.gif

?

Is that the total amount of files on your desktop or just music? I somewhat find it hard to believe that it is music files you keep posting status update shots of fast growing files every few days, unless you're backing up everything or something?

Oct 26, 2013 at 1:14 AM Post #522 of 615

biggrin.gif

?

Is that the total amount of files on your desktop or just music? I somewhat find it hard to believe that it is music files you keep posting status update shots of fast growing files every few days, unless you're backing up everything or something?

He does have that much. Brunk and I have exchanged music more than a few times. Ill send a 4TB and he ships it back with around 100MBs left lol. He has 2 additional external storages plugged in.

Once you have that much music, your Local (C:) \works much like a search engine for music.

Oct 26, 2013 at 2:14 AM Post #525 of 615

That's a really good question. Some time back i did find a site that would upload Digweed's latest streams available for download. The site was called "tribal" something. I'm stumped on the UK streaming though. I'll have to use my Google-Fu 
biggrin.gif

Ok so Ive figured out a way to listen to any music station I want that is broadcast in the UK, including KISS100. You have to change your IP address to a UK IP address where the station is available for listen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back