How Large is Your Music Collection?
Mar 26, 2005 at 10:30 AM Post #61 of 75
I have a mere 103 CD's
frown.gif
. That's 1,404 songs, although I do have 4 CD's in the mail.

Being a 15 year old with high moral standards restricts me from downloading music
cool.gif

Oh I can't wait till I'm old enough to get a job, then I'll be buying a hell of a lot more CD's
orphsmile.gif

Mar 26, 2005 at 6:21 PM Post #62 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by comabereni
I could easily quadruple it and still want more.

This would seem to be applicable to just about everyone, regardless of collection size, maybe not 6-7 TiB Dude a few posts ago.

Mar 26, 2005 at 6:22 PM Post #63 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by [popple]
I have a mere 103 CD's
frown.gif
. That's 1,404 songs, although I do have 4 CD's in the mail.

Being a 15 year old with high moral standards restricts me from downloading music
cool.gif

Oh I can't wait till I'm old enough to get a job, then I'll be buying a hell of a lot more CD's
orphsmile.gif

Not a bad collection for a 15 year old with high moral standards AND! no job.
biggrin.gif

Mar 27, 2005 at 10:30 AM Post #64 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by PTheD
Not a bad collection for a 15 year old with high moral standards AND! no job.
biggrin.gif

Cheers
tongue.gif

Might I add I bought "Funeral" by "The Arcade Fire" yesterday, best album I have bought in a long time
orphsmile.gif

Mar 27, 2005 at 10:00 PM Post #65 of 75
About 400-500 digital albums, 100 records and about 25 cd's

Just out of curosity, for all of those with huge collections, what do you listen to?

Do you collect discographies of anyone who you find remotely intresting?

Mar 29, 2005 at 3:10 AM Post #66 of 75
Ooh, a music size post I haven't replied to yet!

I'm pulling about 35 GB on my Neuros, and an extra 5 GB I don't much listen to. It adds up to about 520 albums. About 1/20th of it is Q6+ ogg, 1/4th is 192 kbps mp3, and the rest... well, I don't know. No WMA/AAC/MPC/MP4 though. If the neuros doesn't support it, I don't listen to it
smily_headphones1.gif

Come to think of it, since I got this thing, I haven't listened to ANY music through my computer anymore. CD player's in a drawer too.

Mar 29, 2005 at 4:05 AM Post #67 of 75
About 1600+ CD's
22 SACD
38 DVD-A
520 Lp's

60 Gigs on computer all ripped from my CD's
I don't down load music

Apr 9, 2005 at 9:26 PM Post #68 of 75
My Collection

Digital Tracks (Total): 0
Digital Tracks (From Solid State Media) 0
Digital Tracks (From Internet) 0
CDs: aprox. 25
Tapes: aprox. 10
Records: 0

I've just been the lucky recipient of a hard drive falure of a 187 GiB (200 GB) 10 month old Western Digital Caviar. The blessings that consumer electronics deam necisary to burdun their owners with I tell ya. Makes me wish I didn't store my entier library & 40+ GiB of video on that drive. Maybe I should have just used that drive to hold internet chache.
rolleyes.gif

Apr 9, 2005 at 10:29 PM Post #69 of 75
i own about 500 regular cd's (retail and promo, mostly bought used), and i have about 350 that i've copied from friends. i've been replacing a lot of my pirated music with actual cd's. i do most of my listening from compressed files, but that will probably change when i get a good dedicated source.

Apr 10, 2005 at 12:57 AM Post #70 of 75
Let's see I have:

~500 CDs

4 LPS
~50 45s

and I will probably buy a turntable setup this year to listen to the vinyl.

EDIT: Almost forgot that I have 4 SACDS on the way as well.

Apr 10, 2005 at 10:49 PM Post #71 of 75
Well, I'll be the first to say I'm really sorry PtheD. I have never had a large electronic failure like yours (my worst is probably when I was writing some sort of essay or something for my seventh grade english class and the power went out and I had not yet saved, but seventh grade is for kids so it was fine), and hope to never have one. Maybe reacquiring your music will help you sort out exactly what you like. When I stopped listening to music for lent it helped me realize that I like Portishead way more than I thought I did, and that The Mars Volta aren't as close to being a classic as I thought they were

Also: I got a turntable today. A couple days ago I bought The Mars Volta's vinyl-only single 'Frances the Mute,' and my parents said that I could have all of their old records, so later this afternoon after some extractions from the ancients archives of my garage I should be in the money.

Apr 21, 2005 at 3:31 PM Post #73 of 75
Actually 6600 Mp3 titles of all genres except that "I still be loving you no matter what you say or do oh yeah oh babe"-style
200-300 CDs are included with this, don't use them anymore

1000 music modules from the 1990s (*.it, *xm, etc.), the best 50 converted to mp3, rest dead file data

300 tapes & 150 venyls are to be thrown away soon

Apr 22, 2005 at 8:06 AM Post #75 of 75
PtheD I am so sorry about that...sheesh...I would seriously like break down and cry. Or something of that nature. I just realized I was asked how many tracks earlier in the thread.

MPC ~ 20,000 tracks
FLAC ~ more than that and I really have no idea

And I have no idea how many tracks of MP3 junk I have. Don't really bother with those anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back