How Large is Your Music Collection?
Mar 24, 2005 at 12:56 AM Post #46 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Actual
Pretty off-topic, but for the people with 30+ hours of music, do you actually listen to most of these tracks regularly

Not off-topic; this is a real issue with a music collection that keeps getting bigger and bigger.

So I use a "New" smart playlist in iTunes that moves low playcount titles up to be played and also includes new CD rips. I try to stay in touch with my entire collection by ripping an "old" CD into it, as well as a new CD.

Mar 24, 2005 at 1:15 AM Post #48 of 75
Quote:

Pretty off-topic, but for the people with 30+ hours of music, do you actually listen to most of these tracks regularly and would you be able to recognize the majority of them, or do you still have so many tracks on your computers because your hard drives are big enough so that there is no reason to delete them as of now? I am curious because right now I have a very small music collection that I know very well, and am curious if as people get more music do they stay familiar with it, or only stay familiar with a (relatively) small portion of it?

You can see the stats of my collection on the first page. It adds up to 36.6 Days of audio. I am familiar with about 1/2 of the tracks. It erks me that I can't listen to all this stuff, and It has become a chore to listen to it!

Mar 24, 2005 at 1:16 AM Post #49 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by morphie
I have over 800 CDs, about 50 vinyls (got a good turntable for sale? PM me) and 300GB of mp3s...

How many tracks is that 300 GiB?

Mar 24, 2005 at 1:50 AM Post #50 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyclone
Man i cant afford that many CD's! Where's the best place for me to buy CD's, im a poor unemployed high school student so i dont have too many actaul CD's except for music that i just really love to death. I dont mind buying online just as long as the seller is reputable, has a good selection, and is cheap.
biggrin.gif

Heres a site http://www.filefury.net/forum/ the cds are REALLY CHEAP. you gotta register but thats it.

[size=xx-small](if these kinds of sites are not allowed delete this)[/size]

Mar 24, 2005 at 3:19 AM Post #52 of 75
I have about 700CDs, 50 mini discs, 50 cassette tapes, 100 vinyls and two DVD-As. Also have about 15 gigs of ACC files but they are just my cd's that have been ripped onto the ipod.

Mar 24, 2005 at 10:48 AM Post #53 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by PTheD
How many tracks is that 300 GiB?

Couldnt say... most of it (~200GB) is metal burnt off on DVDs I listened to when I was younger. The rest on my hard drive is about 750 albums or so.

Mar 25, 2005 at 4:28 AM Post #54 of 75
I have a total of 495 discs:

13 DVD-Audio discs
16 SA-CD discs
~ 12 DVD-Video music concerts
~ 450 - 455 Red Book CDs, JVC XRCDs, HDCDs
0 analogue casette tapes
0 vinyl records

I'm still collecting more albums. For the past several months, I've been collecting high resolution discs exclusively. I plan to collect another three AIX Records DVD-Audio titles to achieve equal parity soon.

Mar 25, 2005 at 6:14 AM Post #56 of 75
I have about a 100 Cds.I'm working on replacing alot of the old albums I used to have years ago with CDs.Yes I would like to have them on vinal instead,but I don't have the means right now to buy a good turntable and phono pre-amp to work with my receiver.Just bought some early Creem,and next on my list is" Music From The Big Pink" by the Band.

Mar 25, 2005 at 2:00 PM Post #58 of 75
Quote:

Pretty off-topic, but for the people with 30+ hours of music, do you actually listen to most of these tracks regularly and would you be able to recognize the majority of them, or do you still have so many tracks on your computers because your hard drives are big enough so that there is no reason to delete them as of now? I am curious because right now I have a very small music collection that I know very well, and am curious if as people get more music do they stay familiar with it, or only stay familiar with a (relatively) small portion of it?

Before getting the iPod, I probably listened to less than 25% of my collection. However, I am now making an effort to listen to as much of it as possible.

Mar 26, 2005 at 7:33 AM Post #60 of 75
About 200 CDs. Doesn't seem like much to me, but looked impressive to my brother-in-law as he scrolled down my master playlist in Foobar the other day. I could easily quadruple it and still want more.

-coma

Users who are viewing this thread

Back