HiFiMan RE-600 Review
Jul 19, 2013 at 5:53 PM Post #256 of 902
But the 'driver' in both those vehicles (in this case the engine) is radically different.  Not to mention the suspension.  Also, they look entirely different from one another so not the same shell.  Hmmm... analogy seems a tad poor.

Jul 19, 2013 at 7:55 PM Post #257 of 902
Yup, it's just the way you put it. I personally would consider it the same fundamentally, but its also not the exact same.

Hmmm....Let me see...If I understand correctly, I believe that Same means the Same, but "fundamentally Same" does or does not = "exact Same"???? :confused_face(1):

Jul 19, 2013 at 7:56 PM Post #258 of 902
Let's move on to bigger and better things!!!!

Jul 20, 2013 at 12:26 AM Post #259 of 902
Quote:
Lol an engineer clearly stated its the same diaphragm as the resonance point natures match, just slightly shifted due to different coil config. Believe who you may, Fang also said the RE400 is a step up newer models and its definitely not better than the RE272, side step at best.

All the Yashimas have identical resonance points, the tonality are different but I suspect each is just a tweaked version of another.

Anyways, Rin got his hands on these
wink.gif

Quote:
Actually Rin never thought that, he simply stated they seemed similar, similar enough to be matched with modding, thus the tour. Good luck finding a quote of him saying is the same drivers. I personally had suspected they were the same, but never mentioned it much because I didn't have much to go by, later it was proven to not be the case.

And yes, this engineer, he surely knows his stuff, don't believe if you don't want.

I talked to an audio engineer about it...  Showed him the graphs, he said there's a high chance that they are indeed different drivers.  He, like your engineer wishes to remain anonymous, I'll respect this decision of his.  He also says that he can't know for sure unless he gets the chance to actually crack open both and look at them... 

And yes, this engineer, he surely knows his stuff; don't believe (it) if you don't want (to).

Jul 20, 2013 at 1:18 AM Post #260 of 902
Quote:

I talked to an audio engineer about it...  Showed him the graphs, he said there's a high chance that they are indeed different drivers.  He, like your engineer wishes to remain anonymous, I'll respect this decision of his.  He also says that he can't know for sure unless he gets the chance to actually crack open both and look at them... 

And yes, this engineer, he surely knows his stuff; don't believe (it) if you don't want (to).

LOL I was going to post something similar, but you beat me to the punch. I must say, though, that even if both diaphragm looks identical that doesn't mean that they are. One's eyes may not be able to pick subtle differences, such as the thickness of an 8mm diaphragm.

Jul 20, 2013 at 5:55 AM Post #264 of 902
Personally, I think the "discussion" in regards to the make of the drivers is now over-shadowing the more important issue to discuss...
Shouldn't we be more concerned about how the RE-600 sounds and if the improvement (if there's any) over the RE-400 is worth the price difference?

Jul 20, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #266 of 902
Actually Rin never thought that, he simply stated they seemed similar, similar enough to be matched with modding, thus the tour. Good luck finding a quote of him saying is the same drivers. I personally had suspected they were the same, but never mentioned it much because I didn't have much to go by, later it was proven to not be the case.

And yes, this engineer, he surely knows his stuff, don't believe if you don't want.

So let me get this straight: You haven't heard them. Your engineer hasn't heard them. Your engineer sees measurements and concludes they're the same drivers. Just to get this clear in my head, let's go over a couple of points again... You haven't heard them. Your engineer hasn't heard them...

Quote:
Personally, I think the "discussion" in regards to the make of the drivers is now over-shadowing the more important issue to discuss...
Shouldn't we be more concerned about how the RE-600 sounds and if the improvement (if there's any) over the RE-400 is worth the price difference?

I agree with d marc0, including putting "discussion" in quotes, as this Inks' points aren't a discussion, as I see it, but unfounded, toothless attempts to discredit. Inks, this is the second thread you've brought this nonsense into, and the responses you're getting here are, understandably, the same.

I've heard them. I have a the RE-400 here. I have an RE-600 prototype here. They don't sound the same. Others who've heard them say they don't sound the same.

I also agree with d marc0 about getting this thread back on topic.

Jul 20, 2013 at 1:04 PM Post #267 of 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by jude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Inks, this is the second thread you've brought this nonsense into, and the responses you're getting here are, understandably, the same.

Third, actually. (Maybe even a fourth that I've missed?) Should've seen his little impetuous verbal spewing in the 4.ai thread, where he flat-out called either the 4.ai or  Heir Audio a scam. This guy...

Jul 20, 2013 at 1:05 PM Post #268 of 902
I liked the re-600 in the short time I had to listen to them.

I would recommend them for listening to music.

If one wanted to just sit around making charts with them, I'm not sure...

Jul 20, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #269 of 902
My RE-600s have arrived, but i will hold back impressions until i receive my HM-901 with balanced card. Happy listening everyone! :beerchug:

Jul 20, 2013 at 11:12 PM Post #270 of 902
Quote:

So let me get this straight: You haven't heard them. Your engineer hasn't heard them. Your engineer sees measurements and concludes they're the same drivers. Just to get this clear in my head, let's go over a couple of points again... You haven't heard them. Your engineer hasn't heard them...

Jude (or Curra), any chance you guys would consider setting up a new sub-forum called "Bashing/Critiques/Scams/Overrated/Overpriced/Overhyped Products"?  It seems there is a huge demand for it!    I came across many similarly toned responses from certain individuals based on same old "scientific"/"theoretical" arguments way too often on threads where actual users/owners are grieved under their false pretense of "freedom to state his/her opinion".  They just repeat and repeat the same tired subjective sense of value and the same subjective assessment criteria which they believe is the one and only logical/acceptable/scientific/smart/clever/superior view.... Personally I blocked these habitual grievers but things are something getting kind of ridiculous even just seeing other's responses to these grievers.   Just my 0.02......

For the Re600, from my experience, there is an significant difference in its sound compared to the Re400.  How much it is worth is to each our own.  Personally, I think it is worth MORE than the difference between them.  On classical or live acoustic recordings, the ONLY IEM in my current collection that can give me a similar level of satisfaction is the $1,495 Tralucent 1plus2.   And I also like the Re600 for studio recorded/produced music over other IEM around it's price range such as UM3X, SE535, XBA4/40, ER4S, Fitear F111.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back