Hifiman IEM's: RE-400 and RE-600
Jul 25, 2013 at 8:47 AM Post #1,771 of 3,507
"Have you heard the Orpheus, my friend? It's a slower paced, more romantic phone. The stax is quite energetic, and lacks the mid bump. They each sound nothing alike."

I have not. Did it feel like sitting on the shoulder of Zeus?

"You sir are the king of logical fallacy, a real man of the people. Your reign shall be a long and prosperous one."

I'm not here to be "right", simply stating some facts and asking for evidence. The RE-600 is alternative medicine at the moment, crystal healing.

Jul 25, 2013 at 8:49 AM Post #1,772 of 3,507
"Have you heard the Orpheus, my friend? It's a slower paced, more romantic phone. The stax is quite energetic, and lacks the mid bump. They each sound nothing alike."

I have not. Did it feel like sitting on the shoulder of Zeus?

"You sir are the king of logical fallacy, a real man of the people. Your reign shall be a long and prosperous one."

I'm not here to be "right", simply stating some facts and asking for evidence. The RE-600 is alternative medicine at the moment, crystal healing.

Bloody hell! You're worse than Inks!

I'm sick of these English majors and accountants running around acting like engineers.

I used to think that obnoxious atheists and blindly religious people were the most annoying creatures on earth. I have to modify my list to include pseudo-science spouting, overly dogmatic "objectivists".

Jul 25, 2013 at 8:51 AM Post #1,773 of 3,507

That's all well and good except that your "facts" are grand ole "scientific" assumptions built upon ocean sized leaps in correlation.

Jul 25, 2013 at 8:52 AM Post #1,774 of 3,507
this thread needs euthanasia ASAP

that's what happens when too many geek nerds start talking about sound without having LISTENED

bummer

Jul 25, 2013 at 8:59 AM Post #1,775 of 3,507
this thread needs euthanasia ASAP

that's what happens when too many geek nerds start talking about sound without having LISTENED

bummer

Because your comments here haven't been a complete waste of server real estate.

Jul 25, 2013 at 9:27 PM Post #1,779 of 3,507
12 hours later: Thread Re-Opened

Some of you have received mails from me about your behaviour on the thread. A couple of you have had a slap on the wrists, and some more severe warnings than others. Please do _NOT_ encourage instigators to further troll which will merely encourage even more aggressive responses. For the mods and admins, instead of having to deal with one or two culprits we will have to deal with more.

Please just report the post instead and we will deal with the issue in a much more swift manner.

Jul 25, 2013 at 9:37 PM Post #1,780 of 3,507
Quote:
12 hours later: Thread Re-Opened

Some of you have received mails from me about your behaviour on the thread. A couple of you have had a slap on the wrists, and some more severe warnings than others. Please do _NOT_ encourage instigators to further troll which will merely encourage even more aggressive responses. For the mods and admins, instead of having to deal with one or two culprits we will have to deal with more.

Please just report the post instead and we will deal with the issue in a much more swift manner.

Understood, thanks for your hard work Anak!

Jul 25, 2013 at 10:53 PM Post #1,781 of 3,507
I apologize to the readers and admins for having instigated some negativity and expressing some of my own. Inks and Theta may have posted opinions I strongly disagree with, but direct personal attacks are always unpleasant for everyone whose only intention is to read about things relevant to the topic, or discuss them in a constructive way. Why did it require a warning to get this to sink through my skull? Must be titanium-plated (like the RE-x00) I guess.
bigsmile_face.gif

Since the arrival of my HE-400 + Asgard 2, I haven't been paying much attention to the RE-400; but time I'm on the go or outdoors, these little $99 gems have always been greeted with a smile once in my ears. They're very forgiving and musical, although slightly relaxed. When I do try them on my computer, their musicality is at least a couple levels above their stock sound, and they sound tonally similar to my EQ'd HE-400 which I also like much more than its stock sound. Nevertheless, I am very much content when I'm on my bicycle commuting around with these little guys in my ears. Unfortunately, they don't isolate nearly as well as the ER4. There are few things that bother me more about my commutes than the loud noises of traffic... still unwilling to use a foamie, though! Oh, hell, maybe I'll give the complys another try.
beyersmile.png

Jul 26, 2013 at 6:27 AM Post #1,782 of 3,507
I use the RE-400 on a daily 20 mile cycle commute, through towns, villages and windswept country roads. I find it isolates better than any other dynamic I've used, and is as good as some BAs. They're also very comfortable.

I've been comparing them to the eq-5 recently, and far prefer the re-400, in all respects.

Jul 26, 2013 at 6:31 AM Post #1,783 of 3,507
Quote:
I use the RE-400 on a daily 20 mile cycle commute, through towns, villages and windswept country roads. I find it isolates better than any other dynamic I've used, and is as good as some BAs. They're also very comfortable.

I've been comparing them to the eq-5 recently, and far prefer the re-400, in all respects.

I guess the ER4 is just exceptionally isolating, then. Glad you like your RE-400, and glad to see a fellow cyclist head-fier!
etysmile.gif

Jul 26, 2013 at 6:42 AM Post #1,784 of 3,507
that's a big statement , as the eq-5 were selling for 200-250$

i used to own a pair of eq-5 and i really liked them , although they were a little 'hot' in the highs - which was hat led me to sell them

i will try tomorrow RE-400 , i am intrigued even more to see how these sound
Quote:

Jul 26, 2013 at 7:16 AM Post #1,785 of 3,507
I guess the ER4 is just exceptionally isolating, then. Glad you like your RE-400, and glad to see a fellow cyclist head-fier! :etysmile:

Yes, people do speak highly of the ER4s isolation. Happy listening / cycling!

that's a big statement , as the eq-5 were selling for 200-250$

i used to own a pair of eq-5 and i really liked them , although they were a little 'hot' in the highs - which was hat led me to sell them

i will try tomorrow RE-400 , i am intrigued even more to see how these sound

It's personal preference, of course, but I can't think of one thing I prefer with the eq-5. The re-400 make them sound positively 2D and dry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back