HiBy R6 III (Gen 3) Android digital audio player, Dual ES9038Q2M, Class A / AB amplification switch, Snapdragon 665, Open Android 12 OS, DSD512 / PCM768
Apr 5, 2024 at 2:18 AM Post #1,456 of 1,511
Any particular reason that you can hear when comparing between bit perfect vs non bit perfect?
Hello Sylveon! I don't think my ears can tell the difference. This is my inner perfectionism and psychoacoustics.
I have a strong prejudice that Android distorts sound.

I can also play 96kHz via the Android driver. But, this is Android!
3.jpg

Apr 5, 2024 at 3:05 AM Post #1,458 of 1,511
Hi Joliv,

Thank you for your order and sorry to hear about this. It seems that you fell into a bit of a special case. Please email service@hiby.com regarding this issue and provide them with proof of purchase from the original vendor to demonstrate warranty eligibility. Let me know your email address via pm and I'll ask them to treat your case in the same way as a direct purchase from our online store within warranty, for this one case. Hope that helps!

Best regards,
Joe
Unfortunately this is not a special case. I previously wrote about a similar problem. As I understand it, this is mechanical damage to the audio connector sensor; in my case, with frequent use of the 4.4 player, the player always shows an active 4.4 connection, even without connecting headphones. When I try to connect 3.5, there is no sound and the 4.4 icon in the status bar continues to be active. I also previously suggested adding a function for manually switching audio outputs in the update; this would save the situation in case of damage to the audio output sensor. I hope this will be the case, because I cannot use my favorite player with other headphones, only with Bal 4.4.

Apr 5, 2024 at 6:16 AM Post #1,459 of 1,511
Unfortunately this is not a special case. I previously wrote about a similar problem. As I understand it, this is mechanical damage to the audio connector sensor; in my case, with frequent use of the 4.4 player, the player always shows an active 4.4 connection, even without connecting headphones. When I try to connect 3.5, there is no sound and the 4.4 icon in the status bar continues to be active. I also previously suggested adding a function for manually switching audio outputs in the update; this would save the situation in case of damage to the audio output sensor. I hope this will be the case, because I cannot use my favorite player with other headphones, only with Bal 4.4.
Sorry to hear that. I meant that his was a special case with respect to obtaining warranty service. I doubt that any significant number of people would forego warranty service and simply switch output manually, if the output is manually switchable; on the other hand, it seems likely that a number of people would activate such a feature by mistake and report their units to be faulty because of such a mistake. Nevertheless, I will forward this suggestion.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 5, 2024 at 6:21 AM Post #1,460 of 1,511
Sorry to hear that. I meant that his was a special case with respect to obtaining warranty service. I doubt that any significant number of people would forego warranty service and simply switch output manually, if the output is manually switchable; on the other hand, it seems likely that a number of people would activate such a feature by mistake and report their units to be faulty because of such a mistake. Nevertheless, I will forward this suggestion.
It would be possible to make auto mode by default

Apr 5, 2024 at 7:10 AM Post #1,461 of 1,511
i have not come across this issue yet, but i only use the 3.5mm output. There is sufficient power for IEM useage imo.

After reading about this problem, i think i will stay with the 3.5mm output too.

Apr 5, 2024 at 7:34 PM Post #1,463 of 1,511
Hi I just got the R6 in yesterday. Having some issues but what’s really bothering me is that I can’t forward or reverse through a single track unless screen is on and the hiby player is on the main screen. Is there a setting for this? I mean it just skips to the next track if I hold the forward button

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2024 at 7:56 PM Post #1,464 of 1,511
Also curious about the PEQ. It has 0-9 bands instead of 1-10. Do I use band 0 as 1 when eqing headphones or do I skip the 0 band?

Apr 5, 2024 at 8:13 PM Post #1,465 of 1,511
Also curious about the PEQ. It has 0-9 bands instead of 1-10. Do I use band 0 as 1 when eqing headphones or do I skip the 0 band?

Use from band 0

Although if you feel the need to use all 9 then perhaps consider new headphones/iems :wink:

Apr 5, 2024 at 8:32 PM Post #1,466 of 1,511
Use from band 0

Although if you feel the need to use all 9 then perhaps consider new headphones/iems :wink:
Thanks. Not sure why they made it this way seems confusing when trying to copy eq settings. I was just following oratory settings for the HD660 which on my ZX300 sounded amazing

Apr 5, 2024 at 9:12 PM Post #1,467 of 1,511
I also seem to be getting the crack/pop sound when skipping tracks. It’s quite loud sometimes, is there something I can do to fix this?

Is it also normal to be getting very slight/quiet crackling when sliding the volume up/down?

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2024 at 10:12 PM Post #1,468 of 1,511
Anyone know what causes the cracking noises when changing tracks?

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2024 at 5:58 AM Post #1,469 of 1,511
I also seem to be getting the crack/pop sound when skipping tracks. It’s quite loud sometimes, is there something I can do to fix this?

Is it also normal to be getting very slight/quiet crackling when sliding the volume up/down?
What earphones are you using and what volume setting are you at?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 6, 2024 at 8:16 AM Post #1,470 of 1,511
What earphones are you using and what volume setting are you at?
So far I’ve tried HD660s high gain and Hype 4 low. Getting it on both when changing tracks. Volume around 80

Also asking if it’s somehow possible to skip through a single track without the screen on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back