HiBy R6 III (Gen 3) Android digital audio player, Dual ES9038Q2M, Class A / AB amplification switch, Snapdragon 665, Open Android 12 OS, DSD512 / PCM768
Apr 9, 2024 at 3:46 AM Post #1,486 of 1,511
And something else, I don´t know where to place it

@Joe Bloggs can we get a Desktop DAC/AMP from Hiby with all the goodies inside? (PEQ/MSEB/Plug-Ins)

aqbzk6c4cx261.png

Apr 9, 2024 at 4:40 AM Post #1,487 of 1,511
The quickest way to rule out any software problems, though, is a firmware reset, if you are okay with that.
Factory reset didn’t help. Faulty unit?

Apr 9, 2024 at 5:09 AM Post #1,488 of 1,511
@Joe Bloggs I was just playing with the settings in the Hiby app and turned on sample rate limiting. This seems to have stopped the crackling/popping. I then turned the same setting on in the system settings and turned it off on the Hiby app and tried playing some music but the problem returned. So it’s only effective using the setting on the Hiby app.

Edit: the lower the sample rate limit the less the clicking occurs. At 192khz it still occurs but less frequently and on 44.1khz it’s almost nonexistent.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2024 at 6:20 AM Post #1,489 of 1,511
Factory reset didn’t help. Faulty unit?
Possibly. Email your seller regarding this, or service@hiby.com if you bought from one of the direct sales channels.

In case of the latter, pm me the email address you are sending correspondence from and I will point the staff to your existing problem description here.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 9, 2024 at 6:48 AM Post #1,490 of 1,511
And something else, I don´t know where to place it

@Joe Bloggs can we get a Desktop DAC/AMP from Hiby with all the goodies inside? (PEQ/MSEB/Plug-Ins)

aqbzk6c4cx261.png
I'm flattered by the idea that you would want our software for the desktop as well :)

Have you tried something like EqualizerAPO or VSTHost for PCs?

There are plenty of parametric EQs available as VSTs and my DRX10K plugin can be available as a VST as well, pm me :)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Apr 9, 2024 at 8:07 AM Post #1,491 of 1,511
Of course I want that for desktop aswell and I´m sure not the only one :)

The Audio Plugins are an absolute stand out feature and together with MSEB and PEQ the reason i chose Hiby in the first place.

If I were to choose I would promote those features that makes Hiby stand out from every other manufacturer

Unfortunately I can not use EqualizerAPO on my worklaptop ;(

Apr 9, 2024 at 8:21 AM Post #1,492 of 1,511
Only used it for 2 months and not even heavily.

I know R6III has a striking price to performance ratio but to be honest I would have prefered to pay ~100 bucks more for a better screen and better volume wheel
Never too late....multiple avenues to sell it and buy what you want.

Apr 9, 2024 at 9:58 AM Post #1,493 of 1,511
Unfortunately I can not use EqualizerAPO on my worklaptop ;(
Same issue here: per Company policies, I can’t install anything on my work laptop.
Off-topic: I have played with VSTHost and NanoHost, which are “portable” (no install), but I’m missing a way to route Windows app’s audio output to the VST host input then route the result to the physical output. Jack may allow some/most of it, but it requires an “install”.
If somebody knows a full portable solution, I’ll be (very :ksc75smile:) interested…!!!

Apr 9, 2024 at 10:09 AM Post #1,494 of 1,511
Same issue here: per Company policies, I can’t install anything on my work laptop.
Off-topic: I have played with VSTHost and NanoHost, which are “portable” (no install), but I’m missing a way to route Windows app’s audio output to the VST host input then route the result to the physical output. Jack may allow some/most of it, but it requires an “install”.
If somebody knows a full portable solution, I’ll be (very :ksc75smile:) interested…!!!
an optical output and an optical input on a USB soundcard 🤣

Apr 16, 2024 at 5:52 PM Post #1,495 of 1,511
@Joe Bloggs hi can you tell me if the popping clicking sounds are normal for this player or is there a problem with mine? Also is the stutter when skipping some songs normal for the player? Like it will replay a split second of the song before it skips to next track.

As I mentioned earlier mine also has this ear piercing crack sound when the player is changing sample rates which I’m sure means It’s faulty but I’m wondering if these quieter clicks/pops are normal or related to this particular problem?

Hoping anyone who owns the r6 here can comment on if your unit has these issues or is it dead silent?

Apr 16, 2024 at 6:23 PM Post #1,496 of 1,511
Hoping anyone who owns the r6 here can comment on if your unit has these issues or is it dead silent?

My player is dead silent except for the satisfying click of the volume dial, I only listen to cd quality stuff from my library/Apple Music/tidal, I don’t have/listen to any other formats

@Joe Bloggs Should we expect to see a roon app/roon integration anytime soon?, that’s all I’m missing from the player

Apr 16, 2024 at 11:52 PM Post #1,497 of 1,511
My player is dead silent except for the satisfying click of the volume dial, I only listen to cd quality stuff from my library/Apple Music/tidal, I don’t have/listen to any other formats

@Joe Bloggs Should we expect to see a roon app/roon integration anytime soon?, that’s all I’m missing from the player
Thanks for the reply 😁

Apr 17, 2024 at 12:04 AM Post #1,498 of 1,511
@Joe Bloggs hi can you tell me if the popping clicking sounds are normal for this player or is there a problem with mine? Also is the stutter when skipping some songs normal for the player? Like it will replay a split second of the song before it skips to next track.

As I mentioned earlier mine also has this ear piercing crack sound when the player is changing sample rates which I’m sure means It’s faulty but I’m wondering if these quieter clicks/pops are normal or related to this particular problem?

Mine also make popping sound when I change songs with different sample rate. I heard that this happened for other people too

Apr 17, 2024 at 11:19 PM Post #1,499 of 1,511
Hello one and all.
I renewed my Tidal subscription and over the last three days I’ve been trying to download my content for off-line listening.

It’s taking an insane amount of time to download off-line Content!
It downloads one or two songs and then pauses the download and I catch it and restart the download or unpause it.

Help me Obi-Wan
I’ve never had this problem before downloading content from Tidal or hiby.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back