HF-2!!!
Jul 17, 2009 at 9:06 PM Post #646 of 704
Quote:

Originally Posted by ABathingApe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
His won't have shipped. I'm order #6000 and discussing with falkon that probably puts me in the 350-400 range. Mine were ordered before the 80 pair left warning.

That doesn't sound good. Why do their emails say that the status is "shipped" if they're not even going to be shipped for weeks? Out of curiosity, did your confirm email also have the "shipped" status?

Jul 17, 2009 at 9:10 PM Post #647 of 704
Jeez Guys!

I don't sell used products as new. I have never done it and never will. If there are any returns, and there have not been any yet, I am sure I can find someone who will take it as used for an agreed upon price. I will decide, if this should happen, just what I will do - but it won't be sold to anyone as new - got that point???

Maybe if there are only a few I will keep them and use one a day for each day of the week (just kidding). Maybe I'll wait until they are worth thousands each and sell them on e-bay (more kidding and not even a remote possibilty) maybe I'll leave them to my kids in my will - anyone want to be adopted (again just kidding)

I don't understand the distrust. I guess no good deed goes unpunished
frown.gif

Todd

Jul 17, 2009 at 9:11 PM Post #648 of 704
Quote:

Originally Posted by userlander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That doesn't sound good. Why do their emails say that the status is "shipped" if they're not even going to be shipped for weeks? Out of curiosity, did your confirm email also have the "shipped" status?

hmm, if I could get on gmail at work I could check for you. Maybe I will be getting mine later since I'm in Canada? Not sure, but if Todd is anything like he sounded on the phone, these would ship out in order.

Jul 17, 2009 at 9:14 PM Post #649 of 704
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jeez Guys!

I don't sell used products as new. I have never done it and never will. If there are any returns, and there have not been any yet, I am sure I can find someone who will take it as used for an agreed upon price. I will decide, if this should happen, just what I will do - but it won't be sold to anyone as new - got that point???

Maybe if there are only a few I will keep them and use one a day for each day of the week (just kidding). Maybe I'll wait until they are worth thousands each and sell them on e-bay (more kidding and not even a remote possibilty) maybe I'll leave them to my kids in my will - anyone want to be adopted (again just kidding)

frown.gif

Todd

Todd,

Thanks for your response. You have been more than helpful, and all of us here, whether we express it or not appreciate the work you and John have done to make this happen. Hopefully this settles the matter and we can all move on.

PS: sorry on the doubt post...
frown.gif

Jul 17, 2009 at 9:14 PM Post #650 of 704
Quote:

Jeez Guys!

frown.gif

Todd

Well, if you are looking for someone to be your kid, I may do so, but it will cost you a bit more than some HF-2. Kind of that plus a PS1000
smily_headphones1.gif
It is the customs, coming from Europe it works that way
rolleyes.gif
(not kidding)

Jul 17, 2009 at 9:15 PM Post #651 of 704
USERLANDER: "Since when it is it "nutty or naive" to not want to get used merchandise passed off as "new?" You sound like the naive and nutty one with that POV. "
Want to start counting the number of your whining posts about the same non-issues you raise? You accuse the vendor consulting the quote above) Todd as one who passes of used merchandise as new. What is your evidence for that accusation?........and your ad hominem attack on me, personally. Right now, I wonder what grade level you may have achieved in school.

Jul 17, 2009 at 9:15 PM Post #652 of 704
Quote:

Jeez Guys!

frown.gif

Todd

The question came up, so some of us were just wondering how it would be handled. I've personally never bought from ttvj.com, but like I said in the other thread, based on what I've heard I was sure it would be taken care of appropriately. I don't think "mistrust" is the right word, it was just an unanswered question that some of us were wondering about.

SO... now that you're here, maybe you can clarify this "Status: shipped" issue?
biggrin.gif

Jul 17, 2009 at 9:23 PM Post #653 of 704
Quote:

Originally Posted by BushGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
USERLANDER: "Since when it is it "nutty or naive" to not want to get used merchandise passed off as "new?" You sound like the naive and nutty one with that POV. "
Want to start counting the number of your whining posts about the same non-issues you raise? You accuse the vendor consulting the quote above) Todd as one who passes of used merchandise as new. What is your evidence for that accusation?........and your ad hominem attack on me, personally. Right now, I wonder what grade level you may have achieved in school.

I never accused anyone of anything like that. I just wondered along with someone in the other thread how it would be handled, as I have a perfectly legitimate right to do after shelling out almost $450 for a pair of headphones. Getting used as new WOULD be suspect, and that's exactly what I said.

I don't know why in particular you have such a hard-on for me, but I think it's time for you to cool your jets, friend. You'd better get over whatever is your problem with me and stop with the unhelpful stalking-type posts or else get reported. You're not helping anything and frankly your "input" is neither welcome nor appreciated.

Jul 17, 2009 at 9:35 PM Post #654 of 704
Quote:

I never accused anyone of anything like that. I just wondered along with someone in the other thread how it would be handled, as I have a perfectly legitimate right to do after shelling out almost $450 for a pair of headphones. Getting used as new WOULD be suspect, and that's exactly what I said.

I don't know why in particular you have such a hard-on for me, but I think it's time for you to cool your jets, friend. You'd better get over whatever is your problem with me and stop with the unhelpful stalking-type posts or else get reported. You're not helping anything and frankly your "input" is neither welcome nor appreciated.

No, you really need to cool your jets.

Quote:

Originally Posted by userlander
I just put in my order - although getting used as "new" is kind of suspect. O.o But hopefully there will still be some more pre-buy back-outs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by userlander
Well, I'm just saying it's not the most ethical thing in the world to sell something used as "new," not to mention probably even illegal. No offense intended, but how do I know what viruses, bacteria, or who knows what else might be on them from (in your words) your "hot sweaty hands?"

No other retailer on the planet would get away with selling used merchandise as "new" -- every attorney general in the country would go after that in a heartbeat. Used is not new, and there are good reasons for the distinction.

Your posts came over as quite accusatory to me. I'm not sure how else I could have read them.

Take a walk, realize it's probably going to be a long wait for your headphones, and re-read your posts as if someone else had written them before you hit the submit button. You'll receive less backlash if you do.

Jul 17, 2009 at 9:35 PM Post #655 of 704
Quote:

Yeah, I'm order #6163. I was woo-hooing because I *thought* the email indicated that they had shipped ("New status: shipped"). I would presume that means that the orders before me have also shipped? But maybe that's just their standard email, and the fact that I don't have a tracking number means they didn't ship yet?
confused.gif

It does sound like yours shipped, doesn't it? But I'm 6054 and I have nothing on there about shipping yet. My email and my online status ends with "thanks again and have a great day." No shipping line.
confused_face.gif
Maybe they're fixing the 1 on mine?

Jul 17, 2009 at 9:43 PM Post #656 of 704
Quote:

Originally Posted by tenzip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, you really need to cool your jets.

My jets are quite cool.

No one has received used headphones yet, so clearly I couldn't have been accusing anyone of anything. Clearly in context the meaning is that a situation in which a person were to receive used headphones as "new" would be suspect.

Then this bushguy joker chimed in with all his lame OPINIONS about how getting used is basically the same as "new." Well, no it isn't. Not for $450, sorry. My opinion is that it's not the same, and that's Todd's opinion, too.

I find it interesting though how I'm supposed to give someone I've never met or dealt with before the benefit of the doubt when handing over my money to the person, but folks like you and this bushguy can't give the benefit of the doubt to a simple post on the internet. Not that I am particularly worried based on all the good feedback I've heard about Todd, but as any lawyer or anyone with a clue in business can tell you, you should never ASSUME anything. There's nothing wrong with asking for clarification on something, and if you and bushguy don't like it, that's just going to have to be too bad for you.

>> edit: if it will help cool you down, I'll edit the other post to increase the clarity. Like I said, the rest was just speculation and countering bushguy's wrong opinions that used is basically the same as "new."

Jul 17, 2009 at 9:56 PM Post #657 of 704
HI Again,

Here is my last words on this subject - The orders are shipping out in the order they were received. The first orders go out first. The lower order number ships out first. If you ordered the day before someone your order will ship out first or the same day... NO ONE is changing position. 50 a week in order. 150 have shipped out as of today and 24 were delivered at CanJam. And I now have 1 that was a B-stock. And I like it - a LOT!!!

As for it saying shipped, WE ARE HUMAN and it was an error that has been corrected...unless you were one of the first 150 or so to order you are still waiting. We are working extremely hard to get these out to everyone, keep orders updated, get tracking numbers to folks, answer your calls, and deal with the normal business of each day.

That said I cannot tell you how appreciative I am for all of you who have ordered and stood with your order of the HF-2. THANK YOU! I thank all of you who have shown support for both TTVJ and Grado Labs. You represent the best of Head-Fi and are the vast majority.

Todd

Jul 17, 2009 at 10:04 PM Post #658 of 704
Quote:

As for it saying shipped, WE ARE HUMAN and it was an error that has been corrected...unless you were one of the first 150 or so to order you are still waiting. We are working extremely hard to get these out to everyone, keep orders updated, get tracking numbers to folks, answer your calls, and deal with the normal business of each day.

Appreciate the clarification. Some of us are busy, too, and don't necessarily have time to wade through 50 page threads to find the answers to simple questions like that -- which for all we know may or may not even have been answered. Based on the email saying it had shipped, and the sense one gets on the forum that we were all still waiting, it can be a little confusing when you haven't read every single post in every HF-2 thread. No one is expecting anything "superhuman," I think we all understand the logistics in shipping these out while also dealing with the rest of your business, it's just good to know what's going on. Thanks for your efforts and the time taken to respond.

Jul 17, 2009 at 10:20 PM Post #659 of 704
Thanks again Todd!

I've gathered that John is shipping Todd 50 units per week. Todd is acting on those units and fulfilling orders sequentially, as he just mentioned.

Based on this schedule:

#1-24 were available at CanJam
The following were shipped by the Friday:
#25-74 07/03
#75-124 07/10
#125-174 07/17 (today)

#175-224 07/24
#225-274 07/31
#275-324 08/07
#325-374 08/14
#375-424 08/21 (hopefully my pair is in this batch!)
#425-474 08/28
#475-the rest (499? 5xx? Who knows?) 09/04

This is purely speculative and should be a general guideline for when units ship out. (Also I've noted that units are also shipped throughout the week it seems.. I've read some people receiving their tracking numbers on days other than Friday, though I'm not sure myself.) I would guess that waitlist orders will be handled around late August (depending on the rate of returns and dropped orders) but I am certainly not speaking on Todd's behalf.

Please don't hate me if I'm wrong.
frown.gif

Jul 17, 2009 at 10:25 PM Post #660 of 704
Hi All,

I forgot to mention that all of the HF-2's that shipped from here were sealed. ON occasion customs will open a box to insure what is there is what is on the import documentation. I assume that is why the box was not sealed.

One way to verify that is to look at the number received and you will see that it shipped out the week with all of the the other 50 numbers around it.

It has been a long week so I am checking out for the weekend. I hope all of you have a great weekend and talk to you next week.

Todd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back