order confirmation this afternoon
placed my order on the may 20th

thanks headfi and todd! can't wait to hear my new headphones

+1

Jul 18, 2009 at 2:55 PM Post #677 of 704
mine shipped yesterday and probably arrive the 23rd, order number 5690
tongue.gif

Jul 18, 2009 at 4:00 PM Post #678 of 704
it is insane how much whining continues about uselessness, someone asked a question about the B-stocks, that is all. No accusation, and Todd wil ask people if they will be ok with B-Stock on the waiting list when the remainder run out and offer to charge less for these, unless he just keeps them all.

What you all must realize, ignore the HF-1 portion, and Todd IS AND WILL BE one of the BEST vendors in this community if not the best, he answers multiple questions no matter how annoying at random hours and will always be there to help someone out if you order or not. TTVJ is an amazing company that others should strive to be like.

I am not a fanboy just his customer service is very impressive and this is someone who has knowledge of that aspect of sales for years :p

Jul 18, 2009 at 5:06 PM Post #679 of 704
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jeez Guys!

I don't sell used products as new. I have never done it and never will. If there are any returns, and there have not been any yet, I am sure I can find someone who will take it as used for an agreed upon price. I will decide, if this should happen, just what I will do - but it won't be sold to anyone as new - got that point???

Maybe if there are only a few I will keep them and use one a day for each day of the week (just kidding). Maybe I'll wait until they are worth thousands each and sell them on e-bay (more kidding and not even a remote possibilty) maybe I'll leave them to my kids in my will - anyone want to be adopted (again just kidding)

I don't understand the distrust. I guess no good deed goes unpunished
frown.gif

Todd

I don't understand it either. Though that's par for the course lately, as I don't understand a lot of the angst about all this.

I think it's time that we all stop whining.
  1. If you didn't want to order because of the Head-F1, then your time has come and gone.
  2. If you're still wavering about whether or not you want yours, it seems to me that there's a line of folks waiting to take your order. Decide - do you want it or not?
  3. If you insist on complaining when you have no skin in this game at all, I think I speak for a lot of us when I say that it would be nice if you'd shut up and move along. We're tired of your contributions to this thread.
One of the unfortunate and tiresome things about the internet is that it frees some folks to behave in ways that they would not were they dealing face to face with a person. I can't believe that the sort of questioning of the integrity of John Grado and Todd would be occuring were it not for this emboldening by anonymity.

Treat people the way you'd like to be treated, and assume honesty and integrity until such time as you discover clear evidence to the contrary. If you can't say (at least) something nice, don't say nothing at all.

On a lighter note, I just got mine yesterday. I like them a lot right out of the box, and will report back once they are burned in. Anyone who is lucky enough to have purchased a pair of these limited edition headphones will IMHO be very pleased with the value that they represent...regardless of the F1.

Jul 18, 2009 at 5:13 PM Post #680 of 704
For those in the US, if you guys have questions about your order status, just pick up the phone and call Todd.

Just as it is difficult for you to wade through 50 pages, I'm sure it is difficult for him to monitor these threads everyday.

FYI for those trying to figure out shipping dates... my order number was 5590 and my HF-2 (#84) was sent out as part of batch 2.

Jul 18, 2009 at 5:17 PM Post #681 of 704
Quote:

Originally Posted by elrod-tom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[*]If you're still wavering about whether or not you want yours, it seems to me that there's a line of folks waiting to take your order. Decide - do you want it or not?

Amen.
biggrin.gif

Quote:

... assume honesty and integrity until such time as you discover clear evidence to the contrary.

That's what the victims of Bernie Madoff did. I don't have to tell you that didn't work out too well for most of them. :-o
tongue.gif

Jul 18, 2009 at 11:35 PM Post #684 of 704
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmdevils /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i think a lot of people here need girlfriends. Don't forget that your headphones will never love you back...

my headphones loves me back. especially when I make them play the really deep bass...

Jul 18, 2009 at 11:44 PM Post #685 of 704
Quote:

Originally Posted by ABathingApe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my headphones loves me back. especially when I make them play the really deep bass...

headphone-love-music-freak.jpg

Jul 19, 2009 at 5:09 AM Post #686 of 704
Not too good at using the quote feature, haha, so this is a reply to jude's post.

>>>You seem to both be very comfortable with Todd (as well you should be, as he is one of the most honorable people I've met in this community), so why don't you ask him if I signed off on the cups, or if there was even anything at all I could have done to fix those cups.

I don't know Todd at all to really be vouching for him, but out of the 3 parties involved in this, he seems to be the only one who has been negatively effected by the screw up, with you actually benefiting from it and Grado, well, just doing as Grado always does, ignoring customer complaints...You may be completely telling the truth in not being able to change anything; however this is your site, these were made especially for your site pending your approval, you announced them, and when a lot of people got very annoyed at the problem the remedy was to give you more money, so I have to have a feeling that you have a bit more say in these than you are letting on, at the very least I have to assume you could have said said to take $10 off the headphone price instead of giving it to you. Also I don't know why it took back to back posts like mine and the one I quoted for you to even speak out about the situation, there were plenty of people posting looking for your input, but it was nowhere to be found.

>>>Ask Todd if the HF1 or the HF2--and the way the deals were structured with Head-Fi--was my idea. Neither was. Both times I was surprised (and, yes, excited). Now tell me you would have said no, had you been in my shoes, to either the HF1 or HF2.

I don't know whose idea it is, but it is a pretty smart/brilliant idea. Grado has a sound that many of the sites members including myself seem to like, so to come out with a limited edition headphone for this community (one with a ridiculous amount of brand loyalty) is a great idea and business move. I have 0 problems at all with you making money on it, you built this site (which IMO is a business) from the ground up therefore you certainly deserve to be compensated for these headphones. Do I think you were overcompensated, maybe, but hey I would've taken the $40 per headphone also, not many sites are able to accomplish stuff like this one, so you never heard a complaint from me there and still wont. My only problem is the additional $10.

>>The F1 misprint was not within my power to fix. Do you think I could have demanded that Grado or TTVJ re-do all the cups? It wasn't an option--and it certainly wasn't my option--and why it wasn't an option, or possible/practical to re-do them all, has been explained by Todd.

Now here is where we differ, when the problem arose, if I were you, as leader of this community, I would have posted about it and tried to smooth things over with the membership and the powers that be (You/Todd/John, whoever else), I do remember reading quite a few posts where people were looking for your input but it was nowhere to be found. Also If I were you, I most definitely would have recommended that the extra $5000 goes back into the hands of the consumer (you are still probably able to do this should you choose), while this still wouldn't have been the greatest way to apologize, it is certainly better than the nothing we received, at the very least you could give some people donor status or something. An extra donation to you from Grado, while it is nice that they are somewhat admitting fault, it just does nothing for me as the receiver of this faulty product.

>>>So, Aimless1 and Toad, please return your HF2's to Todd, so that I can buy one or both of them--I want another HF2 anyway, and then you can take comfort in the fact that none of your money will come anywhere near me, and I can take comfort in the knowledge that you guys don't own them. (I'll pay for your return shipping, should you choose to.)[/QUOTE]

I love the way they sound so far, even though I haven't had much time for them, so I don't think I will be returning them, though I will keep my eye on the 30 day mark to be sure. Also, I never had any problem with you making $20,000, all the more power to you, if I could start a site as great as this one with loyal membership like this I certainly would, and for the ability to come out with a great sounding product of your own that almost everyone who has heard it loves and on top of that pull in an extra few bucks for yourself, my hat goes off to you. I would have followed in your footsteps if possible every step of the way so far...My only problem is the extra 5000 on top, that just isn't fair and IMO is a smack in the face to ALL the members (whether you care about the error or not) of this extremely loyal community.

So to sum up my post...The headphones sound great, I definitely think you deserve the $40/pair as you are the one who built up the head-fi/f1 brand name, you just do not deserve the extra $10 on top, we the consumers deserve that at the very least. I feel John Grado personally owes this community an apology for how poorly this was handled as well as how cheap and careless it makes his brand look, but I think I'm setting my expectations a bit too high with that...Also, just because a remedy was come up with doesn't mean you cant amend it, there is still always time to make right where you went wrong, and I do believe you guys went wrong with how you handled the situation...Now sorry if this post sounded personal at times Jude, but to use one of the most over quoted lines "It's nothing personal, strictly business." I have great respect for you (Jude), your site, and Todd, and I really do appreciate you guys putting this together for us, even though I believe it was setup more profit oriented than to be nice to the community, but who cares about reasons (especially ones that may not even be true and could just be figments of my wild imagination), it is the end product that counts and with the exception of the 1, they IMO are perfect headphones. It is just such a shame Grado with their poor quality control and customer care had to go and ruin what could have truly been perfect.

AAAAAnnnnnnnnnd I'm done.
deadhorse.gif

Jul 19, 2009 at 5:32 AM Post #687 of 704
Once, again, some of us really need lives outside of headphones. Go outside and get some fresh air, and realize that the world could care less about headphones in general, and especially about the little things that make them seem less than perfect...

Jul 19, 2009 at 5:33 AM Post #688 of 704
Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad
I feel John Grado personally owes this community an apology for how poorly this was handled as well as how cheap and careless it makes his brand look

+1

Jul 19, 2009 at 5:45 AM Post #690 of 704
I say just be happy you got your headphones.....there is still many waiting for their pair I mean the situation is over for you I would let it go personally and just enjoy your new cans
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back