Headphone Sightings 2
Jun 20, 2008 at 6:59 AM Post #1,006 of 12,415
Saw someone who bore a slight resemblance to John Hodgman at the grocery store this evening wearing Panasonic RP-HTX7's.

Jun 20, 2008 at 7:23 AM Post #1,007 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by collapseandrelax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Every monday I see a girl with a pair of WESC headphones... poor little girl
wink.gif

HPW28034-1.jpg

I was about to agree with you on that point, but then I remembered these:

59767.jpg

They look amazing, and they can't sound that bad
tongue.gif

On topic, I saw a pair of of those Sony DJ style phones. Judging from the colourway (which isn't much to go on), I'd say they were the MDR-V500DJs.

Jul 1, 2008 at 5:42 PM Post #1,011 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by kjpmkjp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So far, all I've seen in Toronto is a PX-100. Where are all the funky cans?

How long have you been hanging around Toronto? You must have left out the countless Sony cans from your list. Those are all I ever see here.

Jul 1, 2008 at 7:13 PM Post #1,012 of 12,415
I was riding in a tram in Zagreb the other day with my girlfriend and a nice looking girl walked up and sat near us. I was staring at her because she was wearing the Portapros (too few girls are interested in good reproduction of music) , but my girlfriend gave me the eye and looked her way. Then looked at me and asked what were i looking at. I said "she is wearing Portapros!". She laughed her ass off and said "I knew you were looking at the headphones, not the girl!"

Honestly, I was puzzled too. Looking at cans instead of girls...maybe i should quit this hobby...

Jul 1, 2008 at 7:28 PM Post #1,013 of 12,415
lol i've done that when i was at a uni open day.... same a girl with portapros. Noticed a guy with some horrible sony MDR-V500 or w/e yesterday as well, and a girl wearing a pair of HD555 in public (not exactly the nice kinda phone for that but well...)

At work they started buying these horrible logitech headsets... i got my hd-25 II's....

Jul 2, 2008 at 1:59 AM Post #1,014 of 12,415
At my workplace, they seem to hand folks silver JVC cans, although I don't really know what they are. A coworker wears some Sportapros, while another uses an Sennheiser HD-212 if I'm not mistaken.

On the way to work, I usually see this one guy who wears Sennheiser PX-100s, while others have been seen with some Sony headphones and stock iPod buds for the most part. The Panasonic retro phones are somewhat common as well.

Jul 2, 2008 at 4:22 AM Post #1,016 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by moogoob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How long have you been hanging around Toronto? You must have left out the countless Sony cans from your list. Those are all I ever see here.

I've seen one pair of Sony's since my previous post. Not sure of the model, they were some pair of over-sized ones. Otherwise, just countless NoName/crap knockoff ones, and stock iPod phones galore. Nothing I recognized, nor cared to ask about. I'm surprised no one here has spotted my gargantuan white Ultrasones...

Jul 2, 2008 at 9:11 AM Post #1,019 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by eastsidemetalhd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my boss brought in a pair of SR60s today.

and this hipster guy wearing Bose cans gave me a dirty look when I got in the lift with my A500s on
tongue.gif

walked into my boss' room today and see him with some Bose Triports on.

seeing the look on my face, he says "Relax, I got them for cheap."
tongue.gif

Jul 2, 2008 at 10:58 AM Post #1,020 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by eastsidemetalhd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
walked into my boss' room today and see him with some Bose Triports on.

seeing the look on my face, he says "Relax, I got them for cheap."
tongue.gif

It's only a 'good' deal if there at least 66% off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back