Headphone Sightings 2
May 23, 2008 at 3:15 AM Post #961 of 12,415
I know it isn't anything special, but where I live, this is rare. I saw a pair of those popular AKG K44. They've been selling them at HMV up here, so a lot of the hipster kids are picking them up. However, they must sound better than the all Maxell Jellies I see around here.

There was another pair I saw too, but I couldn't figure out what they were. They were large, but they gave off the vibe of big, huge, fancy looking, crap phones. Like NexxTech. Not to mention he was driving them with a small MP3 player. Whatever it was, it was small enough to fit in his hand.

May 23, 2008 at 5:22 AM Post #962 of 12,415
my boss brought in a pair of SR60s today.

and this hipster guy wearing Bose cans gave me a dirty look when I got in the lift with my A500s on
tongue.gif

May 23, 2008 at 5:48 AM Post #963 of 12,415
I saw someone on the train here a while back with Westone UM2s. Surely that was someone from here.

May 23, 2008 at 5:55 AM Post #964 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by Faust2D /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I see all kinds of phones on the N train going form Brooklyn uptown.

Last Week was especially interesting: iGrado, SR-125, a ton of IEMs, woody Denons, a few AKG K something and finally a girl had ER-4, the old red and blue kind and she licked em before inserting.
biggrin.gif

That's always appreciated...

Anyway, I also lick my etymotics before inserting too. People usually don't seem to care, because chances are it's about the 10th weirdest thing they've seen on the train so far that day.

May 23, 2008 at 5:57 AM Post #965 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by Suntory_Times /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've yet to see a descent headphone in public, there all ibuds and cheap sony and tdk models. Kind of wants me to walk around with my HD600's
wink.gif

Me too! I am the only person walking around with good phones on. There is a lady at my gym that has qc3s - not that I care.

May 23, 2008 at 8:47 AM Post #966 of 12,415
On my commute (into Manchester, UK) I generally do a bit of spotting of fellow commuters: loads of apple i-buds, also plenty of people listening to their mobile phones with supplied earbuds (sonys and the like). Most interesting is a late 40s chap who used to wear PX200s but has recently switched to SE530/E500s. Good choice!

My workplace is a University campus, so many sightings there too: again, masses of generic earbuds, but also a fair few Shures (e2c seems popular) and UEs. Plenty of hipster kids go for indeterminate yet massive closed cans, although have seen a guy who works in my building with Grado SR60s - cannot imagine that being a popular choice in his office.

Amongst colleagues, lots of love for Senn HD201s (these are pretty much "standard issue"). There's some Bose Triports about too and some new Sonys that I've not had a look at yet. One colleague also has these:

PHILMORE HD3030 HEADPHONES

Not only are they hideous to look at and uncomfortable to wear, they also sound *terrible* - whenever I've tried them their sound reproduction makes me feel like I'm in a Lancaster bomber over occupied Europe in 1943.

May 23, 2008 at 1:47 PM Post #967 of 12,415
you tink the central line is noisy... you should see the loop in chicago. It always sounds like the train is about to fall apart

May 23, 2008 at 4:03 PM Post #968 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by juniperlater /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Me too! I am the only person walking around with good phones on.

I know the feeling. Maybe once my IEMs show up, it won't be as obvious anymore. My Ultrasones, Quarts, and 595s get a lot of funny looks...

May 25, 2008 at 3:05 AM Post #969 of 12,415
I so enjoy seeing people with Bose heaphones and knowing that they have no idea what headphones (music) can really sound like.

It also shows they don't know how to use the internet.

Google "great budget heaphones."

If Bose shows up, the world is in a dark place indeed.

May 28, 2008 at 9:58 PM Post #971 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by shomie911 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I so enjoy seeing people with Bose heaphones and knowing that they have no idea what headphones (music) can really sound like.

It also shows they don't know how to use the internet.

Google "great budget heaphones."

If Bose shows up, the world is in a dark place indeed.

Even i dont appreciate Bose's sound quality...BUT...u ll be happy to see this:

great budget headphones

, See something you like?

wink.gif

May 29, 2008 at 4:59 AM Post #972 of 12,415
So tonight while I was playing tennis, I saw a guy passing by with PortaPros on.

Don't think I ever saw someone with these on before.

May 29, 2008 at 5:18 AM Post #973 of 12,415
In the engineering office at Berkeley I saw a dude with ms1s. It was funny because i was wearing my own pair =). The majority of people here at Berkeley regrettably use Ibuds, although I did see a pair of ksc75s once.

May 29, 2008 at 8:26 AM Post #974 of 12,415
I've often see a girl walking round campus with some portapros on which makes a change from the ibuds. On the train to Manchester last week I did a double take seeing a girl wearing AKG 414P's
biggrin.gif

May 29, 2008 at 8:28 AM Post #975 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by shomie911 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's not really enjoyment; more like the urge to tell them to buy something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back