Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread
Aug 30, 2014 at 10:29 PM Post #2,131 of 4,032
  I know it's not what I should have for the B3, but it's likely more powerful than an iPod. I may get an E11k if the X1 isn't enough.

If you have your mind set on X1 and B3 Pro I, you don't need an amp to pair it up.  As I mentioned in my X1 review, I had B3 Pro I pumping connected directly to HO of X1 with 50% volume setting.  But to make it shine, just like if you want to make any IEM or full size can shine from X1 - you will need to switch X1's HO to LO and connect an external amp.  Either way, investment in external amp is a good idea.  If you are on a budget, E11k is a good solution or you can go even cheaper with Topping NX1 (better battery life, though don't think it has bass boost like E11k).

My suggestion, unless you are looking at a discounted X1 + E11k bundle, I would just get X1 and see how you like it with B3 Pro I.  If you are happy, there is no need for an amp.  But in a future you can always upgrade this modular system by adding external amp which going to make X1 shine for sure.

Aug 30, 2014 at 11:55 PM Post #2,132 of 4,032
If you have your mind set on X1 and B3 Pro I, you don't need an amp to pair it up.  As I mentioned in my X1 review, I had B3 Pro I pumping connected directly to HO of X1 with 50% volume setting.  But to make it shine, just like if you want to make any IEM or full size can shine from X1 - you will need to switch X1's HO to LO and connect an external amp.  Either way, investment in external amp is a good idea.  If you are on a budget, E11k is a good solution or you can go even cheaper with Topping NX1 (better battery life, though don't think it has bass boost like E11k).

My suggestion, unless you are looking at a discounted X1 + E11k bundle, I would just get X1 and see how you like it with B3 Pro I.  If you are happy, there is no need for an amp.  But in a future you can always upgrade this modular system by adding external amp which going to make X1 shine for sure.

Cant wait to get me one X1 ....though me pinky zip is doin well ..but X1 is the da bomb ..so sleek ..so sexceeeee...

Aug 30, 2014 at 11:59 PM Post #2,133 of 4,032
Cant wait to get me one X1 ....though me pinky zip is doin well ..but X1 is the da bomb ..so sleek ..so sexceeeee...

Just needs a pink silicone skin
wink.gif

Aug 31, 2014 at 12:03 AM Post #2,134 of 4,032
Just needs a pink silicone skin :wink:

Maybe should contact James at Fiio for one ..though minion like me would not be entertained by him ...James if you see this ....hook me up too ...if you know me story about me X3 ...spare some thought for me ...lol.

Pink ..me carry pink pretty well ..me look pretty in pink ..muahahahaaaaa

Aug 31, 2014 at 12:11 AM Post #2,135 of 4,032
Aha! Hadn't seen them in yellow before. Never would've thought of doing that.

Me neither. And there are more colors too. It could be a nice mod, I'll give it a try as soon as i can.

I can vouch for that ..they work ...me did this to me Brainwavz Delta ..more body to the bass ...wee bit ...if you finf them a little bright ...cheap mod

Aug 31, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #2,136 of 4,032
Does Havi have a web page?  Also has anyone tried reterminating their cable balanced?  I noticed there was some talk of the wires being in a pseudo balanced 4 wire configuration?  I'd never do that, just curious.  Man I Just read the Vsonic VS3DS thread, that was a long delay before it shipped.  Also reading the TTPOD T1-E thread, think I'm gonna get those as a companion IEM for my Havi, since they have opposite bassy sound signature

Aug 31, 2014 at 9:43 PM Post #2,138 of 4,032
After some 30 hrs of burn in.....harshness in the high has settled down and the bass has become more tight and pronounced....I really like the sub bass in Havi...for those who are worried about lack of bass...imho it only to basshead level...Cheers

Sep 1, 2014 at 2:00 AM Post #2,140 of 4,032
After a bit more studying and listening to my Franken b3's taking them apart and studying them, I have discovered that my mod actually bypassed the smaller driver, just leaving the outside larger driver firing. I am dying to compare it to a normal b3 cos it sounds amazing. To me it sounds like I am standing on stage with the band in a massive hall. I may be dreaming but to my ears it sounds like people's description of the b3 v2 but retaining the massive ss...

I have been absolutely lost in my b3's today. Listened to Faure's requiem and accidentally went to John Mayer room for squares after. I feel like I have never heard the album before listening through the b3's...

Sep 1, 2014 at 3:09 AM Post #2,141 of 4,032
Got My Pro I today. Impressed with all the accessories and the nice hard case.

Got mine from LMUE, and included a spare bag of assorted tips including double flange (which seems to be what most reccomend), foam, silicone. Nice touch for sure.

Doing a bit of burn in, but so far they sound great.

Sep 1, 2014 at 4:13 AM Post #2,142 of 4,032
Got My Pro I today. Impressed with all the accessories and the nice hard case.

Got mine from LMUE, and included a spare bag of assorted tips including double flange (which seems to be what most reccomend), foam, silicone. Nice touch for sure.

Doing a bit of burn in, but so far they sound great.

Welcome to Havi's family!

Sep 1, 2014 at 4:30 AM Post #2,143 of 4,032
Welcome @spunjah413 
beerchug.gif

Yesterday night I fired up my tube amp (DV336SE) and connected some of my full sized HP's for audition. Then I realized that I can add B3 Pro1 to the comparisons. It sounded flawless across the fq ranges. Very flat, yet very accurate. I have noticed every flaw on every hp sound signature better, after adding B3 Pro1 to the comparisons.

I know it is not fair to compare apple to oranges. But I am just talking about "imaging" and "frequency" presentation. It is better on these two aspects than my finest full sized HP's. Whatever I bought in the future (iem/hp) Havi will remain as being my reference (until I find a better ref sound). I think some of you may think that I am just HYPING as I type these. But it's the morning time here and I am not in that late night mood. These words are real.

I don't know who tuned this iem but one day I want to meet him and shake his hand.

Sep 1, 2014 at 4:51 AM Post #2,144 of 4,032
  Welcome @spunjah413 
beerchug.gif

Yesterday night I fired up my tube amp (DV336SE) and connected some of my full sized HP's for audition. Then I realized that I can add B3 Pro1 to the comparisons. It sounded flawless across the fq ranges. Very flat, yet very accurate. I heard every flaw on every hp sound signature after adding B3 Pro1 to the comparisons.

I know it is not fair to compare apple to oranges. But I am just talking about imaging and frequency presentation. It is better on these two aspects than my finest full sized HP's. Whatever I bought in the future (iem/hp) Havi will remain as being my reference (until I find a better ref sound). I think some of you may think that I am just HYPING as I type these. But it's the morning time here and I am not in that late night mood. These words are real.

I don't know who tuned this iem but one day I want to meet him and shake his hand.

I had a bit of a surprise myself when trying out a new DAC with some full size headphones (Sennheiser over-the-ear Momentums). The sound seemed a bit flat and lifeless compared to my expectations....and then I plugged in my B3s....

Okay, so the Momentums are tuned for "on-the-go" listening but I was still surprised that the B3s were so much better (in this circumstance, at least).

Sep 1, 2014 at 6:20 AM Post #2,145 of 4,032
I haven't heard the Havis yet but IMO there's no way that my IEMs can compete with my cans when properly amped for soundstage, imaging and a more natural sound. Granted I do hear that the IEMs do have quite a lot of detail for the price (quite ridiculous actually) but for home listening when I have a choice of using cans or IEMs I alway go to my cans. I don't why but its a more enjoyable experience. I only use the IEMs for when I need portability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back