Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread
Sep 1, 2014 at 6:28 AM Post #2,146 of 4,032
If the Havi could deliver that more open ss of the some of the fine full size open back cans it could completely eliminate the full sized hp use for me.

Don't get me wrong, I prefer to use my Fidelio X2 most of the time while I am in home (edit: actually near bed, other play time is generally with B3). Because it's more fuller sounding hp and spacious with fun factor.

But if I want to find faults in the sound freq. presentation of other HP's/iem's -that will be the Havi I use as a reference-. And for imaging, B3 is better than anything I have ever heard.

Sep 1, 2014 at 10:16 PM Post #2,147 of 4,032
  If the Havi could deliver that more open ss of the some of the fine full size open back cans it could completely eliminate the full sized hp use for me.

Don't get me wrong, I prefer to use my Fidelio X2 most of the time while I am in home (edit: actually near bed, other play time is generally with B3). Because it's more fuller sounding hp and spacious with fun factor.

But if I want to find faults in the sound freq. presentation of other HP's/iem's -that will be the Havi I use as a reference-. And for imaging, B3 is better than anything I have ever heard.

+1 As much as I enjoy my ckrs and vivos, I have to say, the B3s ss is just something I always come back to.
tongue.gif

Sep 1, 2014 at 10:43 PM Post #2,149 of 4,032

tongue.gif

gs1000.gif

beerchug.gif

Sep 1, 2014 at 11:21 PM Post #2,151 of 4,032
Sep 2, 2014 at 12:14 AM Post #2,153 of 4,032
+1 As much as I enjoy my ckrs and vivos, I have to say, the B3s ss is just something I always come back to.:p  

+
+ agreed ...totally ....coming from a ckr9 fan boi .....vlenbo.....me street cred is redeemed ....ouch !

CKR9 resister ...muahahahahahaaaaaa......

Did not doubt you for a second, LOL.

Im pretty sure your resistance will become futile in the near future. Once I have the right tools, I think I can do something to make the ckr9s more appealing to purchase. *

I am just waiting for the right moment, its not even the middle of september yet unfortunately. I would have the opportunity to purchase them after.

About the SS.

I know you already posted your comparo Syed, but if I recall, didnt you say that the SS is similar and not that big of a difference between the havi and ckr9? Just making sure as someone above my post never got to hear them before. Hahaha.

That and eric did mention the depth was slightly better on the ckr9. So I am only assuring myself for the future. I cannot wait to be honest...

Sep 2, 2014 at 3:29 AM Post #2,156 of 4,032
I ordered mine from penonaudio so I have a longer wait but maybe I get the senn double flange tips and amazon doesn't?
Quick newbie question.  what's the deal with double and triple flange tips?  When are they preferable to use?  are they used if you need deeper penetration?  are they less comfortable for that reason?

Sep 2, 2014 at 3:46 AM Post #2,157 of 4,032
Thanks for the link! Just ordered them - Amazon Prime one-day shipping is awesome. They should be here by Wednesday :beerchug:

I ordered mine from penonaudio so I have a longer wait but maybe I get the senn double flange tips and amazon doesn't?
Quick newbie question.  what's the deal with double and triple flange tips?  When are they preferable to use?  are they used if you need deeper penetration?  are they less comfortable for that reason?

Welcome to Havi Family....

There is ton of info from the first page of this thread ....which is very useful ...burn in , tips to use ...etc

Sep 2, 2014 at 4:11 AM Post #2,158 of 4,032

I know it is not fair to compare apple to oranges. But I am just talking about "imaging" and "frequency" presentation. It is better on these two aspects than my finest full sized HP's. Whatever I bought in the future (iem/hp) Havi will remain as being my reference (until I find a better ref sound). I think some of you may think that I am just HYPING as I type these. But it's the morning time here and I am not in that late night mood. These words are real.

I don't know who tuned this iem but one day I want to meet him and shake his hand.

Agreed 
biggrin.gif

Sep 2, 2014 at 4:19 AM Post #2,159 of 4,032
I know you already posted your comparo Syed, but if I recall, didnt you say that the SS is similar and not that big of a difference between the havi and ckr9? Just making sure as someone above my post never got to hear them before. Hahaha.

That and eric did mention the depth was slightly better on the ckr9. So I am only assuring myself for the future. I cannot wait to be honest...

Yes I did mention the depth is quite similar, ckrs does have 3d imaging too. Instruments are not just floating around, you can hear the direction from where instruments are coming from. But the difference I noticed between the B3s and ckrs is the width of the soundstage. B3 is definitely wider whereas ckrs instruments are more closer to you and intimate thus somehow more percieved details. Don't expect the B3s to replace your ckrs though. Think of it as a compliment when you want a more balanced sounding iem with wider ss. I listen to instrumentals alot with my B3s and thats what I use them for and ambient music before sleeping.

Sep 2, 2014 at 4:28 AM Post #2,160 of 4,032
Yes I did mention the depth is quite similar, ckrs does have 3d imaging too. Instruments are not just floating around, you can hear the direction from where instruments are coming from. But the difference I noticed between the B3s and ckrs is the width of the soundstage. B3 is definitely wider whereas ckrs instruments are more closer to you and intimate thus somehow more percieved details. Don't expect the B3s to replace your ckrs though. Think of it as a compliment when you want a more balanced sounding iem with wider ss. I listen to instrumentals alot with my B3s and thats what I use them for and ambient music before sleeping.

SyedZ2ez4 vlenbo....me think we can safely say CKR9 is a damm good ..more than good of a iem ......Havi's tuning is one of a kind and special ...lol

When me grow up ....if dollar dolar bill is not an issue ....maybe me will turn from CKR9 resister to star struck lover n owner like Syed ....juz joking .....

Peace out ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back