Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread
Aug 29, 2014 at 2:25 PM Post #2,071 of 4,032
ok, I don't have an amp, but these two IEMs are at a pretty low price point. are the pro 2s no good? I heard they are a little darker, which sounds very in-line with what I was looking for

Aug 29, 2014 at 2:34 PM Post #2,073 of 4,032
ok, I don't have an amp, but these two IEMs are at a pretty low price point. are the pro 2s no good? I heard they are a little darker, which sounds very in-line with what I was looking for

If you want a little darker, don't go for the B3 Pro 1. They will probably have too bright of treble and not enough warmth/bass. The Pro 2 are darker but just an average fairly well sounding v-shaped iem, maybe ok for the price. But does not punch above it's price point like T1-E, Havi B3 Pro 1, or KZ EDSE. I would go with T1-E! I personally think it sounds more in line w/ what you're looking for, and will probably be great for you.

Aug 29, 2014 at 2:37 PM Post #2,074 of 4,032
If you want a little darker, don't go for the B3 Pro 1. They will probably have too bright of treble and not enough warmth/bass. The Pro 2 are darker but just an average fairly well sounding v-shaped iem, maybe ok for the price. But does not punch above it's price point like T1-E, Havi B3 Pro 1, or KZ EDSE. I would go with T1-E! I personally think it sounds more in line w/ what you're looking for, and will probably be great for you.

Do you find the T1E's dark?

Aug 29, 2014 at 2:39 PM Post #2,075 of 4,032
Thanks everyone for the help. My girlfriend is looking for a gift for my birthday, maybe if I point out the TTPOD I can spend the $$$ on a DAP :)

Aug 29, 2014 at 2:42 PM Post #2,076 of 4,032
Nope, they have some nice crisp upper mid/lower treble energy(tho not overly as I'm sensitive there) But compared to the B3 Pro 1, they sound it a little. If he wants darker, I guess he said he has the MH1C or someone could advise him something else just trying to help :smile:

Aug 29, 2014 at 2:44 PM Post #2,077 of 4,032
Thanks everyone for the help. My girlfriend is looking for a gift for my birthday, maybe if I point out the TTPOD I can spend the $$$ on a DAP :)

Yeah, you could follow Wokei's $ chart. $40-50 for T1-E and 40 for the Topping NX1 is a great little combo IMO.

Aug 29, 2014 at 2:47 PM Post #2,078 of 4,032
No problem, I just never thought of the T1E as dark.

Dark with a lot of bass impact and great clarity would be the NarMoo S1. On the dark side with very full sound. A bit bassy for me but if you like a lot of bass they should be good.

Aug 29, 2014 at 2:48 PM Post #2,079 of 4,032

No amp? Get the T1-E or Xiaomi Pistons. Both would be something I would give as gifts to someone, as they look gorgeous and sound pretty good.

Aug 29, 2014 at 3:04 PM Post #2,081 of 4,032
yeah, I'm not looking for really dark, just a little tired of the overdone treble from my HE-400s. I'm glad you say that T1E has crisp upper mids/lower treble. sounds perfect. I've never heard of the NX1, but it sounds like a deal. Now I just need to go to college and maybe my parents will not notice that I'm spending another $100 on audio :p 
P.S. I have a Schiit Vali, but I assume these IEMs would hiss with it, since it has 6.5 or so ohms output impedance

Aug 29, 2014 at 6:03 PM Post #2,082 of 4,032
  yeah, I'm not looking for really dark, just a little tired of the overdone treble from my HE-400s. I'm glad you say that T1E has crisp upper mids/lower treble. sounds perfect. I've never heard of the NX1, but it sounds like a deal. Now I just need to go to college and maybe my parents will not notice that I'm spending another $100 on audio :p 
P.S. I have a Schiit Vali, but I assume these IEMs would hiss with it, since it has 6.5 or so ohms output impedance

The havi being so power hungry I don't hear too much hiss on my relatively noisy sources, maybe you will hear it with the vali though I don't have a vali so I wouldn't know.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Aug 29, 2014 at 8:39 PM Post #2,083 of 4,032
Let me join the train of undecided between havi b3 and ttpod t1e :)
I'm waiting for the topping nx1 so no problem for the amp. I was about to choose the b3 but when I saw that the t1e seems to be easier to drive and good sounding as the b3 for almost like half of their price, i made a step back. I listen to classic rock, indie and alternative. What I'm looking for it's a clean and detailed sound, bright and crisp without being harsh and hissing, with punchy but not dominating bass.

@coletrain104 as for the nx1, I'm still waiting for it so i can't give you my two cents but, looking at its review and then what it costs, I think it deserves a chance :)

Aug 30, 2014 at 1:46 AM Post #2,085 of 4,032
Compare this with the KC06? i'm looking for a good earphone with good midrange and good clarity. Is the clarity as good as the Sennheiser CX300 II?

Plus, I do not like to wear my earphones over the ear. I absolutely do not like it. Is it okay to wear it normally?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back