Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread
Aug 20, 2014 at 3:41 PM Post #1,742 of 4,032
Sabre U2 -> cMoyBB v2.03 -> Havi B3 Pro I
There's some grittiness on the high freq straight out of box. Will it go away after burn-in?

1. Grittiness may also be record and source dependent.

2. Tip selection also may have influence.

There are minor reports on grittiness and how it goes away with burn-in.

Please check the Burn-in Periods of Havi B3 text at the bottom of the first post of this thread. You'll have more than enough information...

But also check the situations: 1 and 2

Aug 20, 2014 at 4:10 PM Post #1,743 of 4,032
  Any way of finding out if HAVI is working on a successor or a new version? I'm not sure these will have enough bass quantity to satisfy my taste.

I think there was word on a B6 and B9 but that was months ago.

just use more narrow tips (like the sony hybrids) or even narrower if you want (like the klipsch or the shures) / westone.

it'll spike up the bass 

Aug 20, 2014 at 4:12 PM Post #1,744 of 4,032
@Baycode Thanks,ive read your review first and then all the posts from others and then all the hype so i could not resist.And the hype is very real,i still cant believe the sound that i bought with 43 euros.I gave them to my brother and father to listen and they look at me with surprise and an open mouth...amazing iem,just amazing...

@Wokei I honestly pray to the 4 winds to bring you the Havis as fast as possible!!!

Aug 20, 2014 at 8:41 PM Post #1,747 of 4,032
  Do you mean these ones?

thats the one! as i stated in my impression video, smaller bores do bump up the bass a the cost of some of the soundstage (but even with the narrow bores) the soundstage was still wide. but it does become a bit thicker sounding (so it loses that lean transparent sig)

Aug 21, 2014 at 6:12 AM Post #1,749 of 4,032
Just got my hands on the B3 Pro 1. Wow, why have I hesitated for so long.

Fitting wasn't an issue at all as it's not really that big from what I was made to believe thru some commends I read.

Sounds amazingly good for the kind of money they sell for. On the get go, it's clean sounding with stupid good sound stage. Ample bass, mids and highs hanging in their own respective space surrounded with ample air around each notes. Best of all, it doesn't sound distant given the great sound stage it portrayed and not in your face either. It's a sound that is non fatiguing and one that you can listen to for hours.

Personal opinions from me with just less than 30 mins of play but again ymmv. Kudos to all who have stand by it and a big thank you to all whose opinions and impressions leads me to put in the order for them Havi B3 Pro 1.

Happy listening to all.

Aug 21, 2014 at 9:34 AM Post #1,750 of 4,032
@Leo888 Gratz,great value for money,i got mine yesterday,i was amazed from first second.When i hit the play button first time i said What and i coulnt believe it.Offcourse as i said in previous posts i am newbie in this hobby so more expensive iems or full size headphones will be better but for 43 euros its a steal.

And 1 question to more experienced headfiers.I tried the Havis wear them over the ear but i think im a guy who likes straight down cable so i wear them like this...
P.S. i was doing some workout and i m a little sweaty :)

so is there a problem with the cable if i wear them like this?I have put on the clip on after the y spliter so the 2 cables want have a lot of stretch because of the heavy cable.Its better in the longrun to wear them over the ear to avoid cable break?

Aug 21, 2014 at 9:46 AM Post #1,751 of 4,032
@Leo888
 Gratz,great value for money,i got mine yesterday,i was amazed from first second.When i hit the play button first time i said What and i coulnt believe it.Offcourse as i said in previous posts i am newbie in this hobby so more expensive iems or full size headphones will be better but for 43 euros its a steal.

And 1 question to more experienced headfiers.I tried the Havis wear them over the ear but i think im a guy who likes straight down cable so i wear them like this...

so is there a problem with the cable if i wear them like this?I have put on the clip on after the y spliter so the 2 cables want have a lot of stretch because of the heavy cable.Its better in the longrun to wear them over the ear to avoid cable break?

Shouldn't be a problem imho waering them down ..me wear some of me over the ear iem rhis way too ...just that left channel become right channel and vice versa ..as long as you get good fit /sealing ....another thing ...would not recommend them for work out ..over time the cable might become all sticky n gummy for workout ...me just use cheapo iem ..ymmv

Cheers.

Aug 21, 2014 at 9:52 AM Post #1,752 of 4,032
@Wokei I wear like this also the VSD1S and never have a prob.But i believe you must put the clip on so the cables want stretch from the weight of the rest of the cable and from sudden moves of the head...
Wokei where is your Havi man???Now that i got mine i really feel sorry for you,we should do something as a community so you get your Havis,its the ultimate budget IEM.

Aug 21, 2014 at 10:05 AM Post #1,753 of 4,032
@Wokei
 I wear like this also the VSD1S and never have a prob.But i believe you must put the clip on so the cables want stretch from the weight of the rest of the cable and from sudden moves of the head...
Wokei where is your Havi man???Now that i got mine i really feel sorry for you,we should do something as a community so you get your Havis,its the ultimate budget IEM.

I know ...still waiting ...u listen to iem when you are riding your motorbike ( previous post with pic ) ...:xf_eek:

Aug 21, 2014 at 10:31 AM Post #1,754 of 4,032
@Leo888
 Gratz,great value for money,i got mine yesterday,i was amazed from first second.When i hit the play button first time i said What and i coulnt believe it.Offcourse as i said in previous posts i am newbie in this hobby so more expensive iems or full size headphones will be better but for 43 euros its a steal.

Agreed Salmonelas. The value factor is sky high. Never thought the sound stage can play along at almost the same level as my FX850. Money well spent because it gonna pamper me with lots of listening pleasure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back