Grado RS1i Impressions thread
Oct 31, 2015 at 10:34 PM Post #1,906 of 2,110
The price was an issue. I was just clarifying that the extension was included then; it had been suggested that perhaps Grado stopped including it with the RS1i when the GS/PS1000s were released.

The extension cable still comes with the RS1e, so I don't believe they ever stopped including it with the RS1, but I could be wrong being @kayandjohn didn't receive one with his RS1i???

Oct 31, 2015 at 10:44 PM Post #1,907 of 2,110
  The extension cable still comes with the RS1e, so I don't believe they ever stopped including it with the RS1, but I could be wrong being @kayandjohn didn't receive one with his RS1i???

Didn't receive one, box didn't have an empty compartment for one, and the other RS1i that I looked at at the same audio store (to choose the one I preferred) had none and its box had no compartment for one.

Oct 31, 2015 at 11:55 PM Post #1,909 of 2,110
Didn't receive one, box didn't have an empty compartment for one, and the other RS1i that I looked at at the same audio store (to choose the one I preferred) had none and its box had no compartment for one.

Mine didn't have a specific compartment either, it was just the usual cut out for the phones and a round cut out for the cable... somehow they managed to coil the headphone cable, adapter and extension into the available space. :)

Nov 1, 2015 at 12:24 AM Post #1,910 of 2,110
Mine didn't have a specific compartment either, it was just the usual cut out for the phones and a round cut out for the cable... somehow they managed to coil the headphone cable, adapter and extension into the available space.
smily_headphones1.gif

The thing is John didn't get the 15' extension cable, I wonder why?

Nov 1, 2015 at 4:49 AM Post #1,911 of 2,110
Maybe I should call the dealer, NutsAboutHiFi in Silverdale, WA and ask how their RS1is are sold (or RS1e, if they stopped selling the RS1i). They were the only audio dealer ever that actually wrote me an old fashioned letter in the mail thanking me for buying my Grados from them and asking if there was anything more they can do. I was so flabberghasted to get a thank you letter that I called them back, ended up talking with the owner, and thanked them for their letter.

I actually already have two 15' extension cords, one that came with my PS1000 and one with GS1000, and I don't use them, so about the last thing I need is another one!

Nov 1, 2015 at 8:13 AM Post #1,913 of 2,110
Yeah, I've had several  and have only ever used one for watching TV. Ever since I moved a few months ago into my new house I don't use that one anymore either. Well Sir, now I found a great way to use them, and believe me, now they'll get plenty of use!

I will probably use the rest of it to make some RCA interconnects, love these cables!

Nov 1, 2015 at 8:21 AM Post #1,914 of 2,110
  Yeah, I've had several  and have only ever used one for watching TV. Ever since I moved a few months ago into my new house I don't use that one anymore either. Well Sir, now I found a great way to use them, and believe me, now they'll get plenty of use!
I will probably use the rest of it to make some RCA interconnects, love these cables!

Very nice and a great idea if your not going to use them as extension cords!

Nov 1, 2015 at 8:28 AM Post #1,915 of 2,110

Wow!

Those look outstanding, worms...great job dude!

I bet those sound fantastic, and I love that cable.

I have always loved the Grado cables, never thought I had any problem with them at all, but the other night when I was listening to my 225i, after about only 5 minutes, I was thinking....damn this cable weighs more than the damn headphone....all of my others cables on my other phones, I do even feel the weight of the cable.

Those cables you made look wonderful, sir....kudos to you.

Nov 1, 2015 at 8:39 AM Post #1,916 of 2,110
thank you guys! I was cable shopping for my Magnum built and I'm glad I came up with this idea. Not only did I use something that was just sitting around unused, but I also saved money + the headache of going back and forth and not to mention a ton of reading! These are the old four conductor cables that came off and old Rs1 (I believe). Very light weight and flexible. Also I never heard ANY loss in sound quality when used as an extension cable, so I know it's transparent....

Nov 1, 2015 at 8:41 AM Post #1,917 of 2,110
Explain the sound signature of those drivers....again, those are just kick ***** beautiful and I bet the sound is also.

Nov 1, 2015 at 9:10 AM Post #1,918 of 2,110
I also have 2- 15' extension cables which I never use.
I didn't use my 15' cord much until I realised I was having trouble opening my living room window or reaching for a lamp light. And then I plugged it in because I needed more cord so I could play my guitar at the same time. Wow, what a change.

Nov 1, 2015 at 9:27 AM Post #1,919 of 2,110
I didn't use my 15' cord much until I realised I was having trouble opening my living room window or reaching for a lamp light. And then I plugged it in because I needed more cord so I could play my guitar at the same time. Wow, what a change.

Sure, its nice to have the slack in the cable when you need it.
I sit right next to my main set-up (for the volume controls on the amps) so the length of the HP cable itself is ideal for me.

Nov 1, 2015 at 9:31 AM Post #1,920 of 2,110

Sure, its nice to have the slack in the cable when you need it.
I sit right next to my main set-up (for the volume controls on the amps) so the length of the HP cable itself is ideal for me.

i usually like a short cable also....but when I need the extra length to get to the couch.....I pull out the extension cable ...it is long enough to get me anywhere in the living room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back