Grado GH-1 Discussion
Sep 15, 2015 at 1:32 PM Post #272 of 1,091
I thought that I had been told how many Bushmills X were made, but could not remember.

I dug around on old posts and found this, reporting that Turntable Labs (exclusive agent for Bushmills X original sales) said that 125 Bushmills X headphones were made!

Whew... need to read my own posts more often!!

Sep 15, 2015 at 1:53 PM Post #274 of 1,091
  I thought that I had been told how many Bushmills X were made, but could not remember.
I dug around on old posts and found this, reporting that Turntable Labs (exclusive agent for Bushmills X original sales) said that 125 Bushmills X headphones were made!
Whew... need to read my own posts more often!!

Here what I really like about your post:
"These are TRULY my last headphone purchase...  my collection is REALLY complete".

Quote:
I'd like to know how many are left, if possible, but I assume not. I'll brood for a bit

No idea, but I'm sure Grado knows how many their authorized dealers have left.

Sep 15, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #275 of 1,091
"These are TRULY my last headphone purchase...  my collection is REALLY complete".
No idea, but I'm sure Grado knows how many their authorized dealers have left.

Maybe I'll trying scrounge up a few extra hours over the next few months to fix the dent in my account.

Sep 15, 2015 at 2:09 PM Post #276 of 1,091
Maybe I'll trying scrounge up a few extra hours over the next few months to fix the dent in my account.

Good idea…like I said, the Yggdrasil will be available much longer than the GH-1.
beerchug.gif

Sep 15, 2015 at 2:13 PM Post #277 of 1,091

eeep!  Shouldn't have pointed that out!  
redface.gif

Well, since getting my Bushmills, I only got a GH-1, an RS2e, an original SR325, an SR80e, and maybe a GH-1000e (not sure if it came in before or after the Bushmills).  That's not too bad...

oh.. and a HiFiMAN HE1000, anda HiFiMAN EF-6 amp, anda CEntrance HiFiM8, anda AKG K845BT....

Sep 15, 2015 at 2:16 PM Post #278 of 1,091
  eeep!  Shouldn't have pointed that out!  
redface.gif

Well, since getting my Bushmills, I only got a GH-1, an RS2e, an original SR325, an SR80e, and maybe a GH-1000e (not sure if it came in before or after the Grados).  That's not too bad...
oh.. and a HiFiMAN HE1000, anda HiFiMAN EF-6 amp, anda CEntrance HiFiM8, ....

Yeah, thats not too bad. 
confused_face_2.gif

Sep 15, 2015 at 8:38 PM Post #280 of 1,091
I'd like to know how many are left, if possible, but I assume not. I'll brood for a bit

Grado has just e-mailed me that TTVJ has the only pair of GH-1 left,  and I just placed my order, sorry!

Seriously though, I agree with Joseph, when he says that since they're a limited edition, and that they sound so good, they might end up costing you more if you wait too long. Imagine, you'd pay more, and they'd be used.

I would buy them ASAP if I were you, if it's po$$ible for you, of course.

Sep 16, 2015 at 2:23 AM Post #281 of 1,091
Grado has just e-mailed me that TTVJ has the only pair of GH-1 left,  and I just placed my order, sorry!

Seriously though, I agree with Joseph, when he says that since they're a limited edition, and that they sound so good, they might end up costing you more if you wait too long. Imagine, you'd pay more, and they'd be used.

I would buy them ASAP if I were you, if it's po$$ible for you, of course.

I'd be paying for a premium burn-in though! :p

I'll think about it, and read some more reviews.

Sep 16, 2015 at 5:12 AM Post #282 of 1,091
I'd be paying for a premium burn-in though!
tongue.gif

I'll think about it, and read some more reviews.

It's up to you, but if the same thing that happened with the Bushmills, happends with the GH-1, they could double in price. The Bushmills retailed for $395, and some have sold for more than $900.

Also, the Bushmills were generally liked by their owners, but the GH-1/G are being compared with Grado's flagship. 

I own  a pair of Bushmills, and I also have the GH-1 and the PS1k, so I'm not speaking out of my a-hole here. Believe me when I tell you that I was one of the GH-1's toughest critic. I try to always weight my words carefully, and I've went on record stating that the GH-1/G, represent more than a good value, they simply are, a no brainer, and even if you don't like them, you'd probably wouldn't lose any money on the resale. 

Another advantage that the GH-1 have going for them, is that they sound very good with the stock L-cush, and even better with the G-cush. This is not the case with all Grados, the GS, and PS1000 for exemple are pretty much limited to the G-cush.

I'm going to stop now, before you start thinking that I get a cut from Grado, on the GH-1. If I have bored you, I'm sorry, I'm just enthusiastic about the GH-1/G's performance, and I simply want you, and others, to experience the same level of satisfaction that I, and others, are experiencing.  

Sep 16, 2015 at 7:59 AM Post #285 of 1,091
Congratulations on the GH-1!

If you don't mind my asking, what is the list price in Montreal?

Are you planning to try the G-Cush?

Enjoy.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks 
wink.gif

The price is $845 CAD + taxes.

For the G-Cush, I will wait probably try them later but so far I'm very happy with the L-Cushions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back