Grado Fan Club!
Jul 1, 2016 at 3:51 PM Post #32,611 of 65,626
  Hey guys, it's been a while!

For those who wondered why I took a break from Head Fi, it's because I've stopped taking pain meds. I had been on high doses of Oxycodone for over 4 years, so I experienced very bad withdrawl symptoms.
One of those symptoms is a low level of endorphins, dopamine, serotonin etc...

Once my brain started producing the above mentioned substences, I started listening to music again, and my Grados never sounded so good. I have posted a link to one of the songs that helped me through these rough times, and get back to my greatest passion, and to what is, in my opinion, THE, greatest group of people, on Head Fi.

Happy listening!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USK1VjV-nO8

congrats Stacker45
....i've never had to do oxy...but once, after surgery many yrs ago, i was given 3 types of pain medication to try from weakest to strongest:
tylenol 3, percodan (or percocet) and demerol.
tylenol 3 and dermol..nada
but taking the percocet holy mole
eek.gif
I got so stoned: felt ultra giddy, very positive, loving, a warm feeling came all over me...i finished the entire 1 week supply in 3 days.
so in other words: i got a firsthand experience on how insidious are pain meds in being potentially addicting....especially oxy.

as per the grados: someone else also suggested the PS500e vs the RS1k...so guess i'll have to do some listening.

Jul 1, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #32,612 of 65,626

For those who wondered why I took a break from Head Fi, it's because I've stopped taking pain meds. I had been on high doses of Oxycodone for over 4 years, so I experienced very bad withdrawl symptoms.

Once my brain started producing the above mentioned substences, I started listening to music again, and my Grados never sounded so good. I have posted a link to one of the songs that helped me through these rough times, and get back to my greatest passion, and to what is, in my opinion, THE, greatest group of people, on Head Fi.

Happy listening!

welcome back…great to hear from you again!

Jul 1, 2016 at 4:14 PM Post #32,613 of 65,626

Those are some amazing vocals that sound excellent on my GS2Ke, welcome back Stacker45.

Jul 1, 2016 at 4:36 PM Post #32,614 of 65,626

Happy listening!

Welcome Back!

Jul 1, 2016 at 5:35 PM Post #32,615 of 65,626
First world problems. But I really can't decide between the PS500E and the GS1000E. I'm still torn.

=/

Maybe I should just stick with the PS500E. I already loved them, and was really happy. I only tried the GS to make sure it's what I wanted to settle with for Grado. I dunno. I think I like the bass more on PS500E. But I think the GS1000E has a lot better detail/clarity. Both trade blows. Even though money isn't a huge issue, apart of me thinks that for $600, I'm pretty happy with what the PS500E does. 

Jul 1, 2016 at 5:50 PM Post #32,616 of 65,626
First world problems. But I really can't decide between the PS500E and the GS1000E. I'm still torn.

=/

Maybe I should just stick with the PS500E. I already loved them, and was really happy. I only tried the GS to make sure it's what I wanted to settle with for Grado. I dunno. I think I like the bass more on PS500E. But I think the GS1000E has a lot better detail/clarity. Both trade blows. Even though money isn't a huge issue, apart of me thinks that for $600, I'm pretty happy with what the PS500E does. 

Please, please try the GS2Ke!

Jul 1, 2016 at 6:24 PM Post #32,617 of 65,626
@stacker45..

It is so WONDERFUL to have you back.  When I saw your link, I immediately put on my GS1000e and listened... what ethereal music on Grados to bring you back over the weeks.  I have missed you...welcome home!

Jul 1, 2016 at 7:00 PM Post #32,619 of 65,626

=/

Are you happy with the PS500e with the "stock" L cushions or the G cushions?
Also, why not keep both?

Jul 1, 2016 at 7:14 PM Post #32,620 of 65,626

=/

There is always the GS2000e. Lol it never ends

Jul 1, 2016 at 8:03 PM Post #32,621 of 65,626

Happy listening!

I don't know you but when I saw all the posts hoping you were okay my heart dropped a little. I'm glad you're okay.

I too have dealt with addiction to opiates and it's not fun. I was able to wean myself off by taking Kratom, a plant based opiate. I couldn't go cold turkey like that. 

Jul 1, 2016 at 8:06 PM Post #32,622 of 65,626

Happy listening!

We're all glad you're doing better. Welcome back!

Jul 1, 2016 at 8:10 PM Post #32,623 of 65,626
Hey I'm new here, wanted to begin my open back adventures so I ordered a pair of SR80es. Does anyone know a good tube DAC/amp to match then that's $100 or less?

The Schiit Modi 2 Uber DAC and the Little Dot 1+ amp. The Uber model just had a rolling update to it's dac chip. It's now using the same chip in the much more expensive Bitfrost. I've got it and it sounds really good.

Jul 1, 2016 at 8:41 PM Post #32,624 of 65,626

Happy listening!

Awesome to have you back :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back