Grado Fan Club!
May 22, 2015 at 10:18 PM Post #24,947 of 65,715
This is a picture of the house me an my gf recently purchased. If you look at the loft; up there, by the book shelves, will be my new listening spot. Looking forward to it:

Looks terrific!

And will the TV be required to be off when you're head-fiing?:wink:

May 22, 2015 at 10:33 PM Post #24,948 of 65,715
I've had my Grado SR80i for almost a week now, my first Grado and first open-backed headphone. I must say, I absolutely love it. I used my FiiO X1 to tame the treble slightly, but it sounds great even without EQ. I'm listening to Foo Fighters right now, and guitars sound perfect. Vocals are great, bass is in a nice spot too. Got these for $80 at Fidelis AV (highly recommend them, went to a headphone meet there and the staff is very helpful), the store's demo pair. These are perfect for what I listen to, and while I want to try other headphone signatures and such in the future, I can't help but want another Grado when I upgrade!

May 22, 2015 at 11:58 PM Post #24,949 of 65,715
I've had my Grado SR80i for almost a week now, my first Grado and first open-backed headphone. I must say, I absolutely love it. I used my FiiO X1 to tame the treble slightly, but it sounds great even without EQ. I'm listening to Foo Fighters right now, and guitars sound perfect. Vocals are great, bass is in a nice spot too. Got these for $80 at Fidelis AV (highly recommend them, went to a headphone meet there and the staff is very helpful), the store's demo pair. These are perfect for what I listen to, and while I want to try other headphone signatures and such in the future, I can't help but want another Grado when I upgrade!

Welcome to Grado Land!

May 23, 2015 at 12:10 AM Post #24,950 of 65,715

Congrats! The SR-80 has been the gateway can to many a head-fier's addiction.

May 23, 2015 at 12:11 AM Post #24,951 of 65,715
Thanks mate. Yes, this was one of the first things I thought about, when looking at pics of the house for the first time. Extremely happy that we got the house. Oh, and it doesnt show, but you can actually see the beautiful fjord of Trondheim from the living room. :)

Are you in Trondheim?

May 23, 2015 at 5:49 AM Post #24,952 of 65,715
Looks terrific!

And will the TV be required to be off when you're head-fiing?:wink:

Thanks! I think we wont HAVE a TV there, in the first place. Forgot to specify that this is a prospect picture, so we'll have different furniture in there when we move in, come july. Neither me and my gf watch much TV, but I think I will put my projector there somehow. :)

That said; IF we get a TV at some point, I'll buy some wireless cans of sorts, for instance some Senns, for the TV. Hehe

Are you in Trondheim?

Yup.:)

May 23, 2015 at 6:56 AM Post #24,953 of 65,715
now, this could be my new grado
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alessandro-Music-Series-Two-by-Grado-Labs-Headphones-NIB-last-of-1-4-plug-stock-/281681256683?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item419582e0eb

confirmed from hounddog(alessandro) these are "i" stock
and yes, i've had one before OUTSTANDING !

May 23, 2015 at 7:00 AM Post #24,954 of 65,715
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alessandro-Music-Series-Two-by-Grado-Labs-Headphones-NIB-last-of-1-4-plug-stock-/281681256683?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item419582e0eb

Nice!

Yeah, you can tell these were made by the old school Grado peeps.....the young blood Grado peeps like the small plug  
biggrin.gif

May 23, 2015 at 7:06 AM Post #24,955 of 65,715
  Nice!

Yeah, you can tell these were made by the old school Grado peeps.....the young blood Grado peeps like the small plug  
biggrin.gif

the alessandro's followed just as grado when changing from 'i" to "e" in regards to jacks, red drivers and all

May 23, 2015 at 7:10 AM Post #24,956 of 65,715

Nice!

biggrin.gif

the alessandro's followed just as grado when changing from 'i" to "e" in regards to jacks, red drivers and all

Yeah, bout the time the younger generation took over.

I may be wrong....I thought about this time Jonathan was in charge.

May 23, 2015 at 8:51 AM Post #24,957 of 65,715
Addicted to Grado thats for sure, got a pair of PS1000, RS2e, PS500e, MS Pro and Bushmills.

Damn, was almost about to jump on a pair of old buttoned RS1 but seems like the sale is pending
tongue.gif

Been grooving with my recently acquired PS1000 for 8 hours today, lots of listening and getting acquainted with her. So so good, bliss is the right word for it. Been listening to Alice Cooper, Zeppelin, Janis Joplin, SRV, Guns N Roses, LA Guns, Witchfinder General and some Judas Priest today. I've been off work for a week, so I've got tomorrow to do some more listening. Gotta be the most underrated flagship by people on this site I reckon, doesn't get the dues it deserves for its amazing verve, staging, it just involves you so much and is intoxicating.

May 23, 2015 at 8:55 AM Post #24,958 of 65,715
  Addicted to Grado thats for sure, got a pair of PS1000, RS2e, PS500e, MS Pro and Bushmills.

Damn, was almost about to jump on a pair of old buttoned RS1 but seems like the sale is pending
tongue.gif

Been grooving with my recently acquired PS1000 for 8 hours today, lots of listening and getting acquainted with her. So so good, bliss is the right word for it. Been listening to Alice Cooper, Zeppelin, Janis Joplin, SRV, Guns N Roses, LA Guns, Witchfinder General and some Judas Priest today. I've been off work for a week, so I've got tomorrow to do some more listening. Gotta be the most underrated flagship by people on this site I reckon, doesn't get the dues it deserves for its amazing verve, staging, it just involves you so much and is intoxicating.

Congrats...that is quite the arsenal of cans!

May 23, 2015 at 9:50 AM Post #24,959 of 65,715

I seen these last night on eBay, and was thinking about a pair myself (having already had them) but preferred the 325is over them, but these were/are incredible sounding HP's and I wouldn't mind having them…at all! Jump on them Jay!

May 23, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #24,960 of 65,715
  I seen these last night on eBay, and was thinking about a pair myself (having already had them) but preferred the 325is over them, but these were/are incredible sounding HP's and I wouldn't mind having them…at all! Jump on them Jay!

peer pressure joseph ?? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back