Goldpoint Headphone Pro
Sep 29, 2009 at 8:39 PM Post #151 of 357
It seems pretty neutral for me so they are probably not going to fix any coloured headphones or pull some magic tricks that may make or break things for you
smily_headphones1.gif

I have no complaints so far with any of my headphones that I somehow can relate to the amp except for the volume control as mentioned. But I can say the same for my Solo. It´s in the same league even if I may end up preferring the Pro I think I can dare to say that already. Doesn´t differ that much. But the Pro for some reason annoy me less there is something that make me go for it constantly. Flatter or something.

But then I have the old Slee Solo with PSU 1. (red led). I have been tempted to try the SRG upgrade kit but sadly I don´t solder
frown.gif

Oct 2, 2009 at 10:35 AM Post #153 of 357
Mine came in yesterday.
I've been running it non-stop since for burn-in, but I've been doing some listening too.
I would actually rate it way above the Solo. It is just much more refined, more detailed and has much better bass control (and bass goes very, very deep with this amp).
I tried several of my phones and to my great surprise I came across a stunningly synergetic combination: Goldpoint and Grado PS1.
I have had my PS1 for a long time, but never really found them as good as some people claimed. I have tried them with a dozen different amps , but it never really pleased me. Now with the Goldpoint I finally heard what they are capable of. Absolutely stunning.

Oct 2, 2009 at 11:00 AM Post #154 of 357
Sounds promising. I am interested in how they sound with your HD650 and SR325 as I am looking to get one of those for a nice price in the future.

Also, how much did shipping/handling/customs etc. cost you? I am but a poor student.
wink.gif

Oct 2, 2009 at 1:20 PM Post #155 of 357
Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds promising. I am interested in how they sound with your HD650 and SR325 as I am looking to get one of those for a nice price in the future.

Also, how much did shipping/handling/customs etc. cost you? I am but a poor student.
wink.gif

Customs handling and import tax is 98 euro.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

I'll give the HD650 a go, but my SR325 is being tranfered into a Magnum at the moment. I', really curious how the Magnum will match with this amp.

Oct 2, 2009 at 4:47 PM Post #156 of 357
Yes similar import tax here as well.

You don´t find the 900 get boomy on it. It feels like it has as much bass if not more then my Slee Solo. Which solo do you have btw?

Also do you have any tips of recordings to show off the headphone Pro in particular. Though my ears are ruined since I have to work in -15 degrees and my ears get all cold and icy... Actually hurts a bit trying to listen to music currently. Maybe getting a cold lol

Oct 3, 2009 at 5:33 PM Post #157 of 357
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kees /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine came in yesterday.
I've been running it non-stop since for burn-in, but I've been doing some listening too.
I would actually rate it way above the Solo. It is just much more refined, more detailed and has much better bass control (and bass goes very, very deep with this amp).
I tried several of my phones and to my great surprise I came across a stunningly synergetic combination: Goldpoint and Grado PS1.
I have had my PS1 for a long time, but never really found them as good as some people claimed. I have tried them with a dozen different amps , but it never really pleased me. Now with the Goldpoint I finally heard what they are capable of. Absolutely stunning.

I too am impressed by the quality and quantity of bass from my Headphone Pro. At this moment, I would rate it above the Solo (w/PSU1); Black Cube Linear, Headroom Ultra Desktop Amp; and Corda Symphony. I have been listening to it for over a week with my Ultrasone Edition 8 and the Grado HF-2 and find it very enjoyable.

It is on par with Headline 2 with NAPSC in terms of musicality. However, the Headphone Pro edges the Headline2 in resolution and dynamics.

The LISA III XP stands on its own with the Headphone Pro, very similar bass quality and quantity, equally resolving. However, Phil Larocco still has an edge in making the music sound more engaging (i.e. organic), more natural, without much sacrifice on neutrality. BTW, heard that a LISA RS is on the horizon which should be a step above the battery powered LISA III.

F. Lo

Oct 3, 2009 at 5:35 PM Post #158 of 357
Quote:

Customs handling and import tax is 98 euro.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Poor you, Kees. Luckily in my city I enjoy tax free import from all over the world. So, the Headphone Pro offers great value to me. I actually got a small discount from Arn as I am ordering other things from Goldpoint, making it a sweeter deal as well.

F. Lo

Oct 3, 2009 at 6:01 PM Post #159 of 357
This amp sure looks nice, however for those of you comparing it with other amps it would be helpful if you indicate which model and how old/new it is. For example the Solo has had three iterations in the last 3 years (Solo Green, Solo SRG, and Solo SRG-II). I have owned all three and the Solo SRG-II is the best of the three so the model does matter. Thanks.

Oct 3, 2009 at 7:07 PM Post #160 of 357
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This amp sure looks nice, however for those of you comparing it with other amps it would be helpful if you indicate which model and how old/new it is. For example the Solo has had three iterations in the last 3 years (Solo Green, Solo SRG, and Solo SRG-II). I have owned all three and the Solo SRG-II is the best of the three so the model does matter. Thanks.

Mrarroyo,

As far as my Solo is concern, it was the 2006 version (before the RoHS compliant issues come to the audio community), with a PSU1 for 230V a.c.

I do not have the Solo any more, but did have a good impression about how it sounded. I did go back to my listening notes to make sure I do not rely 100% on my memory.

F. Lo

Oct 3, 2009 at 8:43 PM Post #161 of 357
It would certainly be interesting to hear a SRG II. Though I can´t buy one unheard with the level of sound quality I have now.

I don´t know which one I got it´s an older Slee Solo with the red led with PSU 1.

Oct 3, 2009 at 11:21 PM Post #162 of 357
F. Lo the 2006 Solo evolved into the Green Solo which was a nice sounding unit but not close to either the Solo SRG nor the Solo SRG-II. I will be sending an example of both SRG and SRG-II to the same guys who listened to the SRG so they can write their impressions of the latest iteration of the Solo SRG-II.

I still would love to listen to a Goldpoint, not only does it look fantastic but based on impressions the manufacturer has gone to a lot of trouble to make an exciting product. Cheers.

Oct 4, 2009 at 2:59 AM Post #163 of 357
Quote:

Mine came in yesterday.

Is this the one with the internal PS or two wall warts for better bass? You think they can drive 250 ohm headphones well.. Arn is going to ask a friend to see if the amp will run with my 5 ohm DT48 with the new heat sinks.. At the moment, I still want the upgraded heat sinks but will be getting 50 ohm adapters so I can listen to the GP with my 2 DT48..

Oct 4, 2009 at 11:57 AM Post #164 of 357
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't own the Solo, a good friend of mine does (I get to hear it regularly).
It is the older Solo, the original model.

Oct 4, 2009 at 1:36 PM Post #165 of 357
I hope to hear the Solo the 23d. Hans, the owner of Qables has a head-fi day the 23d and 24th of October held at his store. I am very interested in how my DT880s will mate with the Solo and Heapdhone Pro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back