Goldpoint Headphone Pro
Nov 23, 2010 at 5:42 PM Post #346 of 357
UPDATE!

I emailed Arn and he quickly replied back to me, he's very responsive.  
I had some questions for him about the Goldpoint Headphone Pro and (with his permission) here's a summary of his responses:

- "...the new version release - now expected mid December."
- "Price is going up - will be $649. (worth it!)"
- "I believe people will love this latest version.  (Even tighter bass)"
- "Yes, the titanium enclosures will be available mid December too.  (Actually, we have them now - just waiting for the new PC boards...)"

FYI - The Headphone Pro is back on the home page: http://www.goldpt.com/index.html

Nov 23, 2010 at 9:29 PM Post #347 of 357
Nice to see it´s back in production!

Nov 24, 2010 at 9:26 PM Post #350 of 357
I think Arn lost a bit of credibility with all those "uppgrade/new versions". It makes the owner feel like "guinea pig" who paid to be "beta tester" for a product. I really like this amp and I think that at 550 $ it was a real bargain but I can't say i was pleased by the way Arn handles his business.

Nov 25, 2010 at 5:55 AM Post #351 of 357
No real problem with newer revisions. But yes he should make it more clear that it´s work in process. But it´s hard to complain when it´s as good as it´s. I am very happy I could upgrade my V3 to V9. V3 was good but I don´t remember it being as good as the V9. Had no chance to do a side by side though. It´s better then the Auditor and V200 for low impedance headphones and cost much less. So who am I to complain :).

Nov 25, 2010 at 6:47 AM Post #352 of 357
Absolutely. I am very happy with my GP and I am sure they keep getting better (or different).

Me and Kees did a side by side test of v2 vs v3 (or was it v5?) and there definitely was a difference. The older version had its bass a bit more booming while the newer version was slightly more layered, precise and linear.

Nov 25, 2010 at 6:45 PM Post #355 of 357
No you need to open it up and look at schematics to be able to tell which version it´s.

Apr 11, 2014 at 8:40 AM Post #357 of 357
for any of you still reading this old thread....Goldpoint has a new 2014 Rev 14 with Perfected auto centering virtual ground section (I have no idea what that means). Is anyone using this new version or planning to get one? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back