Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review
Mar 24, 2016 at 11:06 PM Post #5,450 of 12,089
I have a TH-X00 on order but I think I'll stick with the original mahogany cups until I see the opinions of the people who get one with the purpleheart cups. The rather steeply recessed mids could be a problem, but time will tell. The projected  August ship date is a bit long to wait for a headphone, too. Pass...for now.

Mar 24, 2016 at 11:19 PM Post #5,451 of 12,089
  I have a TH-X00 on order but I think I'll stick with the original mahogany cups until I see the opinions of the people who get one with the purpleheart cups. The rather steeply recessed mids could be a problem, but time will tell. The projected  August ship date is a bit long to wait for a headphone, too. Pass...for now.

Tbh, I think it's gonna sound more similar than different. It's just like the Omni with tons of different wood options; there will be differences, but they are going to be quite subtle

Mar 24, 2016 at 11:49 PM Post #5,452 of 12,089
The purleheart cups look great.
If this drop is happening then I sense there will another drop for the purplehert cups alone at a later point for the existing thx-x00 mahagony owners.
beerchug.gif

Mar 25, 2016 at 12:51 AM Post #5,459 of 12,089
I'm like many here that were waiting for the Mahogany TH-X00's to ship in May but I'm glad they announced this so I could cancel and get these. The people hearts look drop dead gorgeous.

I know it's a typo, but I really needed that laugh today, @batmanwcm 

Mar 25, 2016 at 1:16 AM Post #5,460 of 12,089

Can you use these in the office? (My cubicle) can anyone way in with experience?

Not really, these Fostex headphones leak a good amount. Depends on the environment I guess, but I have seen many put theirs up for sale for that reason (didn't work in office).

@fjrabon would be seriously against that
tongue.gif

Question:

Haven't heard much talking about isolation. I understand that the previous models th-600/900 don't isolate at all, the cups just kind of hang freely from your head, is this the case with the th-X00?

Ordered one for office use

It's not how the cups hang, it's that they have vented bass ports. That being said, unless you listen very loudly and/or have a completely silent office they don't leak sound out very much. But they do leak sound in.

For example my secretary, who sits 5 feet away, can't hear my music. But I can hear my phone ring and I can hear her if she says my name at medium/loud volume. I can't hear her type though.

Well, he has been emphasizing TH-X00 being a great office headphone at several places discussing it, I think he got a reason so it may really depend on how quiet your office is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back