Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Impressions thread
Feb 28, 2014 at 8:38 AM Post #256 of 1,765

Nothing pops there other than a wholesale supplier. =/

So sorry, I am not Focal website designer, but I did go to the distributor website and they state all you have to do is call them to find a dealer near you.

Did you do that?

I don't care enough to go give them a ring yet, just merely interested for a quick listen if one is nearby.

I wasn't asking for someone to do it for me. I searched on Focal's site and only been able to find one supplier throughout UK, however was expecting there might be a member from UK have already found a dealer with it on display.

Feb 28, 2014 at 2:56 PM Post #258 of 1,765
  That was a rhetorical question, just out of curiosity. I don't care too much about it as long as everything looks and works fine. The durability seems to be ok in this case.

A rhetorical question? Wow that sure didn't sound like one. But anyway, sorry about answering your monologue.

Feb 28, 2014 at 3:38 PM Post #259 of 1,765
I hoped that the V-Moda XL pads would be a viable replacement but they aren't. I imagine the thick pads was part of the headphone tuning to increase the bass and that the ear cavity size was sacrificed to get the bass where they wanted it. I will be interested to see what Focal does in the future but with the small cup and driver size I guess they are going to have some challenges to keep the bass in about the same place but increase the ear cavity size.

Feb 28, 2014 at 5:02 PM Post #260 of 1,765
Hey Dreyka. Have you thought about maybe trying the HP50?

It seems like sound wise it should be similar quality to the FSP, but at the same time provide your ears wth a bigger opening. Of course I think the looks are ugly, but some people don't so.

If I was in your shoes I would just sell/return the FSP and get the HP50 and or get the MDR-7520 (if available). The 7520 is a very good headphone too.

Feb 28, 2014 at 5:21 PM Post #261 of 1,765
  Hey Dreyka. Have you thought about maybe trying the HP50?

It seems like sound wise it should be similar quality to the FSP, but at the same time provide your ears wth a bigger opening. Of course I think the looks are ugly, but some people don't so.

If I was in your shoes I would just sell/return the FSP and get the HP50 and or get the MDR-7520 (if available). The 7520 is a very good headphone too.

I'm probably going to sell the Spirit Pro. I just can't get used to pads and the pads are a key component in what gives the Spirit Pro their bass response. I don't believe I'll find any replacement pads that won't have drastic changes to the bass.

MDR-7520 is expensive and discontinued. HP50 seems to be about the same price as Spirit Pro so I might try that out.

Mar 2, 2014 at 1:04 PM Post #262 of 1,765
M-13

Quote:

A rhetorical question? Wow that sure didn't sound like one. But anyway, sorry about answering your monologue.

Well, your answer was like "Hey, it's pretty stupid to even ask, of course they are made in China!" and at the same time sounded like a joke. Your sarcasm is inappropriate, I didn't mean to be rude or something, maybe  lost in translation a bit :)

Mar 2, 2014 at 2:03 PM Post #263 of 1,765
  China, definitely China. haha.

What sarcasm is here???
confused.gif

Even if I was being sarcastic (hypothetically?) I don't understand how that suddently makes your legitimate question a rhetorical one. Ask someone from America if my answer is rude or sarcastic. I think you are being too sensitive or misunderstanding English.

Mar 2, 2014 at 2:55 PM Post #264 of 1,765

But anyway, sorry about answering your monologue.

I suppose that sounded like sarcasm. Let's just stop offtop here - I think I just didn't understand your joke and maybe didn't used word "rhetorical" properly... I don't have any claims for you. Forgive me! :) Peace, dude! :wink:

Mar 2, 2014 at 5:10 PM Post #265 of 1,765
  I suppose that sounded like sarcasm. Let's just stop offtop here - I think I just didn't understand your joke and maybe didn't used word "rhetorical" properly... I don't have any claims for you. Forgive me! :) Peace, dude! :wink:

Yes I got sarcastic/rude after you said you were asking a rhetorical question. Sorry about this :)

Peace dude! and to all on Head-Fi!
beerchug.gif

*Just to clarify my "definitely China" comment. I think I made some jokes about the Spirit Pro build quality before. Either on this thread or the 7520 thread. The joke is that the Spirit Pro is very very plasticky cheap build and even smells like it's from a factory in China. This is why I used the word "definitely" before China.

But to be fair to Focal, it hasn't broken down or anything with normal use and the materials used is better than I thought it was. It's more durable and the smell does go away and generally I would say the build quality is "okay" now. Better than something like Beats Studio.

Mar 2, 2014 at 5:19 PM Post #266 of 1,765
Quote:

Yes I got sarcastic/rude after you said you were asking a rhetorical question. Sorry about this :)

Peace dude! and to all on Head-Fi!
beerchug.gif

*Just to clarify my "definitely China" comment. I think I made some jokes about the Spirit Pro build quality before. Either on this thread or the 7520 thread. The joke is that the Spirit Pro is very very plasticky cheap build and even smells like it's from a factory in China. This is why I used the word "definitely" before China.

But to be fair to Focal, it hasn't broken down or anything with normal use and the materials used is better than I thought it was. It's more durable and the smell does go away and generally I would say the build quality is "okay" now. Better than something like Beats Studio.

The way the headband connects to the cups feels the cheapest. The headphone has some weight to it but feels cheap due to the use of plastic on the headband and rattle from the headband/cup hinge. If you shake them they rattle from all the hinges. Poor design if you want to make your headphone feel solid.

Mar 2, 2014 at 11:10 PM Post #267 of 1,765
M-13

Well, now I got this :) I didn't see your past comments about build quality, reviews claim that it's very good, there are many metallic parts, sturdy plastic etc. etc. Anyway, thanks!

P.S. And smell is not a problem for former AKG K550 owner 
smile.gif
 They smelt like cheap chinese glue and even ventilation couldn't remove it completely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back