Focal Elear - Impressions Thread
Mar 29, 2017 at 8:30 AM Post #3,121 of 6,742

O2 combo has enough power and you will get decent SQ However, Elear is not merely a decent headphone, it's a proper high-end headphone.

The cheapest high-end source I can think of is Chord Mojo which is exactly spot on for your budget.  I think it's not worth getting anything less, you'll feel the urge to upgrade pretty soon unless you have very strong discipline.

Mine sounds phenomenal with the Schiit Yggdrasil +  Ragnarok combo

Mar 29, 2017 at 8:49 AM Post #3,122 of 6,742

Mine sounds phenomenal with the Schiit Yggdrasil +  Ragnarok combo

I mean we are looking at a $4k price tag, so this is completly out of my budget. Asgard 2 + Bifrost combo is more appropriate for me.

O2 combo has enough power and you will get decent SQ However, Elear is not merely a decent headphone, it's a proper high-end headphone.

The cheapest high-end source I can think of is Chord Mojo which is exactly spot on for your budget.  I think it's not worth getting anything less, you'll feel the urge to upgrade pretty soon unless you have very strong discipline.

I agree with you, the Elear deserves more than an O2. Thank you for the Mojo's suggestion, I'll strongly consider it (the only thing about it, is that I don't really like its design. But hey, it's not made to do that :) ).

Mar 29, 2017 at 8:51 AM Post #3,123 of 6,742

I mean we are looking at a $4k price tag, so this is completly out of my budget. Asgard 2 + Bifrost combo is more appropriate for me.

I agree with you, the Elear deserves more than an O2. Thank you for the Mojo's suggestion, I'll strongly consider it (the only thing about it, is that I don't really like its design. But hey, it's not made to do that :) ).

I think the Oppo HA-2SE would be a good option though no where near as good as the Mojo! 

Mar 29, 2017 at 9:29 AM Post #3,125 of 6,742
Seems like the Chord Mojo is amazing for this price after reading a bit and how it pairs with Focal HP.

Would be a great compliment to the Elear. The Mojo possesses a 3-D soundstage and gobbs of power

Mar 29, 2017 at 7:24 PM Post #3,126 of 6,742
Got my Elears today, and I must say they have a sound signature I love. Fit and finish is A1.

I put 290 ohm resistor in front of them and hooked them up to my OTL amp (Feliks Euphoria), and it sounds phenominal. My T1s are now for sale!

Now to start saving for the Utopias. May take awhile.!

Mar 29, 2017 at 10:13 PM Post #3,127 of 6,742
  Seems like the Chord Mojo is amazing for this price after reading a bit and how it pairs with Focal HP.

Mojo sounds warmer than any of the Schiit DACs IME so if you prefer a darker sound, Mojo would be it.

Mar 30, 2017 at 8:42 PM Post #3,129 of 6,742

Gotcha. So Asgard 2 + Bifrost would be more neutral. How would they fit (Coming from an o2/odac + hd598 I'm used to neutral sound) ?

Well, Asgard 2 has less bass slam than Mojo in my experience so I would guess it's close to tonality with the ODAC and O2, but more resolution, DEFINITELY more punchiness and better imaging. Haven't heard the HD598 though.

Mar 31, 2017 at 2:16 AM Post #3,132 of 6,742

Well, Asgard 2 has less bass slam than Mojo in my experience so I would guess it's close to tonality with the ODAC and O2, but more resolution, DEFINITELY more punchiness and better imaging. Haven't heard the HD598 though.

That seems good ? :) I mean reading it like you put it, it seems like there is no drawback. Now I need to find a place where I can test mojo and the stack

Mar 31, 2017 at 1:43 PM Post #3,135 of 6,742

I'm now part of the club :) Got it for 900€

It's a great club. Enjoy! As they burn in the upper registers soften a touch and they are so wonderful

Users who are viewing this thread

Back