Focal Elear - Impressions Thread
Mar 24, 2017 at 1:32 AM Post #3,107 of 6,742
Hey abvolt. I always like your polite replies and positive nature. Great to see in a forum. As a fellow Elear owner, what amp and dac are you using? I have an iPhone, tidal hi-fi hi quality streaming and the Oppo ha-2 which I like but would be keen to up the ante with a home based system. Keen to understand what you have settled on.

I'm using the wa22 as my main head amp the dac is truly one of the best I've heard the Nuprime dac-10 really worth a listen if one hasn't I'm very pleased with the sq of this dac..enjoy

Mar 24, 2017 at 1:36 AM Post #3,108 of 6,742

I have to agree. I find them comfortable, no squeeze, and not too heavy.  I wish everyone could find them comfortable; I love the way they sound.

Oh yeah these hp's are well worth their price in every way..hope you enjoy them

Mar 25, 2017 at 12:30 PM Post #3,112 of 6,742

That is one thing good about that source, if they are not I can return and get a full refund. The guy sell lots of vintage stuff and has good ratings, I will post when I confirm all is well, or not.

You should be good to go.  I have always believed that Ebay only works when you trust the feedback and follow your intuition.  Easy to get screwed, but also easy to find reputable, wonderful sellers.  I hope they are authentic and blow you away.  The certainly are a fun pair of headphones.

Mar 25, 2017 at 5:11 PM Post #3,113 of 6,742
  You should be good to go.  I have always believed that Ebay only works when you trust the feedback and follow your intuition.  Easy to get screwed, but also easy to find reputable, wonderful sellers.  I hope they are authentic and blow you away.  The certainly are a fun pair of headphones.

I'm sitting here with them on my head right now listening to Annie Lennox sing "Whiter Shade of Pale," and grinning like an idiot. lmao

They are sweet and are more fun headphone than my HD800...  The highs appear just a little less and the mid/low has a bit more authority. I need more time with them, but I'm liking what I'm hearing. I might just sell them both and get the Utopias! :O

Mar 25, 2017 at 6:38 PM Post #3,114 of 6,742
Great news. Enjoy, they are really fun headphones.

Mar 25, 2017 at 11:52 PM Post #3,115 of 6,742
  I'm sitting here with them on my head right now listening to Annie Lennox sing "Whiter Shade of Pale," and grinning like an idiot. lmao

They are sweet and are more fun headphone than my HD800...  The highs appear just a little less and the mid/low has a bit more authority. I need more time with them, but I'm liking what I'm hearing. I might just sell them both and get the Utopias! :O

Awesome to hear this the Elear's are one of the finest sounding hp's in their price range I've ever heard..enjoy them 

Mar 26, 2017 at 7:03 AM Post #3,116 of 6,742
Thanks guys, I went out for drinks with some friends and we had a can-jam afterword, the hardest part was to get them to leave! I wanted to get another hour or two with the new HF, but they just kept passing them back and forth grinning and asking for another song. I think it was midnight before I finally had an, "amp problem," and got them to go. Funny thing is, as soon as they were gone the amp seemed to work perfectly!  heheh.

JT

FYI Foobar2k>WYRD>WA7D
                                                   --->HD600-HD800-Elear
Foobar>Wyrd>V800>LD VI+

Mar 26, 2017 at 4:13 PM Post #3,117 of 6,742
Hi guys. I had the opportunity to try the Elear at my local shop (also HD650, HD800, HE560). It is gonna be mine next week.
It sounded good with my setup but as it is known, the Elear is easy to drive. I have a o2+odac combo.
So, my question is, what should I look for as a DAC and amp upgrade ? Schiit stack ? I'm not looking for high end part. 500/600€ for dac and amp would be good. 
Also if you guys don't think it is worth upgrading my o2/odac, I'm very much fine with it :)
Cheers

Mar 28, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #3,119 of 6,742

She's arrived! And she's a powerful one!

Yes she is. Setting the volume correctly is the hardest and most rewarding part of The Elear, in my opinion.

Mar 29, 2017 at 7:52 AM Post #3,120 of 6,742
  Hi guys. I had the opportunity to try the Elear at my local shop (also HD650, HD800, HE560). It is gonna be mine next week.
It sounded good with my setup but as it is known, the Elear is easy to drive. I have a o2+odac combo.
So, my question is, what should I look for as a DAC and amp upgrade ? Schiit stack ? I'm not looking for high end part. 500/600€ for dac and amp would be good. 
Also if you guys don't think it is worth upgrading my o2/odac, I'm very much fine with it :)
Cheers

O2 combo has enough power and you will get decent SQ However, Elear is not merely a decent headphone, it's a proper high-end headphone.

The cheapest high-end source I can think of is Chord Mojo which is exactly spot on for your budget.  I think it's not worth getting anything less, you'll feel the urge to upgrade pretty soon unless you have very strong discipline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back