Final Audio Design Muramasa VIII
Oct 2, 2012 at 8:03 AM Post #304 of 359
Has anyone heard of these headphones? They can be compared with the sound of MDR-R10 heavy bass, Orpheus, LCD-3?

Oct 2, 2012 at 9:26 AM Post #305 of 359
Quote:
Has anyone heard of these headphones? They can be compared with the sound of MDR-R10 heavy bass, Orpheus, LCD-3?

AFAIK, they're not for sale anymore and no more will be produced. Only a few stores and a very small group of extremely dedicated collectors were able to get their hands on it.

If you want a listen, Jaben Singapore has them available for audition, along with their Orpheus.

Oct 3, 2012 at 8:48 AM Post #306 of 359
Quote:

AFAIK, they're not for sale anymore and no more will be produced. Only a few stores and a very small group of extremely dedicated collectors were able to get their hands on it.

If you want a listen, Jaben Singapore has them available for audition, along with their Orpheus.

Thanks

Oct 12, 2012 at 8:46 PM Post #308 of 359
I just had the pleasure of listening to a pair of final audio headphones in plastic housing and was totally blown away by the sound quality.  Using two drivers in each cup with no cross overs.  I was impressed with what I heard from the fostex th900 and the lcd-3 but the final audio headphones were my favorite.

Oct 21, 2012 at 5:13 PM Post #313 of 359
Quote:

I have, yes. I just can't talk about it much by request of Final Audio.

Bass heavy? No. Quite the opposite.

In whose favor? Who is better?

Oct 22, 2012 at 12:04 PM Post #314 of 359
Quote:
In whose favor? Who is better?

They sound so different, I'd say it's really a matter of personal preference. The R10, HE90, and LCD-3 are what I'd describe as very lush and full-bodied sounding headphones. The FAD is more analytical.

Nov 6, 2012 at 12:11 PM Post #315 of 359
Since the earphones have a model with a serial number
(Piano Forte X ·
Piano Forte IX ·
Piano Forte VIII ·
Piano Forte II ·
Adagio V ·
Adagio III ·
Adagio II ·)
I conclude that in the future full-size headphones will also have the range of 2 to 10.
Am I wrong in their conclusions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back