Final Audio Design Muramasa VIII
Feb 28, 2012 at 8:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 359

bizkit

100+ Head-Fier
FAD has finally released more information about their full-sized headphones:

muramasa_copy_s.jpg

ファイナルオーディオデザイン初めてのヘッドホンはステンレス削り出し。高域用のツイーターをネットワーク回路を介さず40mmドライバーユニットに追加した2ウエイ。大きく、重く、高価。しかし、それは今までの経験や、想像を超える製品を作るために必要な事でした。MURAMASAから新しい音楽体験が始まります。<4月発売予定>

(Final design is the first headphone audio cut out of stainless steel. Two-way 40mm driver unit was added to the network without going through a tweeter for high frequency circuit. Big, heavy and expensive. However, it was necessary to make that experience and until now, the product beyond imagination. Begins a new musical experience from MURAMASA. <Will be released April>)

http://final-audio-design.com/archives/1425

I was just given a laughter provoking price quote (terrifyingly close to what I paid for my Aprilia SX 4.5), but I'm still thinking about pulling the trigger on a pair. They're due out sometime in April/May and are extremely shiny.

Feb 28, 2012 at 12:15 PM Post #6 of 359

Quote:
So as much as I would like to contact a motorcycle dealer to find out what your Aprilia costs, do you think you could just post the price?  

It wasn't a firm price, just an early estimate. I'm trying not to put out too much false information; though, it's safe to say that it will be by far the most expensive phone on the market.

Feb 28, 2012 at 12:18 PM Post #8 of 359
Quote:

I was just given a laughter provoking price quote (terrifyingly close to what I paid for my Aprilia SX 4.5), but I'm still thinking about pulling the trigger on a pair. They're due out sometime in April/May and are extremely shiny.

It seems to have already cast it's spell unto you.

"千子 村正 Sengo Muramasa was a famous swordsmith who founded the Muramasa school and lived during the Muromachi period (16th century) in Japan. Oscar Ratti and Adele Westbrook said that Muramasa "was a most skillful smith but a violent and ill-balanced mind verging on madness, that was supposed to have passed into his blades....They were popularly believed to hunger for blood and to impel their warrior to commit murder or suicide."

Feb 28, 2012 at 1:04 PM Post #10 of 359
Quote:

"千子 村正 Sengo Muramasa was a famous swordsmith who founded the Muramasa school and lived during the Muromachi period (16th century) in Japan. Oscar Ratti and Adele Westbrook said that Muramasa "was a most skillful smith but a violent and ill-balanced mind verging on madness, that was supposed to have passed into his blades....They were popularly believed to hunger for blood and to impel their warrior to commit murder or suicide."

Feb 28, 2012 at 2:01 PM Post #13 of 359
Looks like it will go well with my new contacts.

Feb 28, 2012 at 2:34 PM Post #15 of 359

Quote:

Perhaps use the keyboard symbol "Ⅷ" in the thread title, and extend it with "(the most expensive headphone)".

I'm having enough trouble typing on an android phone keyboard as it's (man hands and texting don't mix). Plus, I have no idea how to do it on this thing.

Quote:
Price will be around $8,000. Which makes me rather upset, since I kind of have to have it.

They say that "There's one born every minute". I guess it's my turn to be that one......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back