Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jun 5, 2015 at 11:34 AM Post #5,672 of 11,664
Did you get a status update/shipping notice from ToM yet? Mine are in Sacramento now and should arrive tomorrow via FedEx.

Not yet....i got an email reponse saying these were not in house yet....might take a month which is fine....as i just got the heaven vi and denon mm400 both

yesteday so i have more than enough to entertain myself...will let you know

Jun 5, 2015 at 5:30 PM Post #5,673 of 11,664
If you like the warm sound of tube amplifiers, the Heaven V Aging is a nice IE. Especially in combination with Comply foamtips for some extra low frequency response.

Jun 5, 2015 at 6:00 PM Post #5,674 of 11,664
  Not yet....i got an email reponse saying these were not in house yet....might take a month which is fine....as i just got the heaven vi and denon mm400 both

yesteday so i have more than enough to entertain myself...will let you know

So... having the heaven VI... what is your impression of them in comparison to the heaven V?

Jun 7, 2015 at 3:47 PM Post #5,676 of 11,664
Received my H7 today. Definitely in retail packaging and looks brand new.

Just started to use it, and I realize that for one certain song, for years, I wondered why the singer mispronounced a word. Today, listening to that song with H7, I realize he pronounced that word correctly all along. My cheapo IEMs were distorting the sound to an extent that it seems mispronounced!

It's not as bassy as my JLab J6, but I guess that's what the Adagio 3 is for. I should receive it in the next few days.

Jun 7, 2015 at 8:57 PM Post #5,678 of 11,664
Hi Harry, What DAP player are you using???? I think we've all heard something like this when moving up....

and then we wish we would have done it sooner......

Nothing fancy... Just my iPhone 5.

I also listened to my favorite Phantom of the Opera tracks and this time I'm hearing extra words! It's very subtle, words I didn't know was there! The singer basically muttered very softly and I never noticed them before but now it's there! Amazing!

The H7 is not going to be my BOOM BOOM BOOM IEM when I want something bass heavy, but for vocals, it is much better than any I've tried.

And now I understand why anyone needs more than one IEM :wink:

Jun 9, 2015 at 4:36 AM Post #5,680 of 11,664

Received my H7 today. Definitely in retail packaging and looks brand new.

Just started to use it, and I realize that for one certain song, for years, I wondered why the singer mispronounced a word. Today, listening to that song with H7, I realize he pronounced that word correctly all along. My cheapo IEMs were distorting the sound to an extent that it seems mispronounced!

It's not as bassy as my JLab J6, but I guess that's what the Adagio 3 is for. I should receive it in the next few days.

Quote:
Nothing fancy... Just my iPhone 5.

I also listened to my favorite Phantom of the Opera tracks and this time I'm hearing extra words! It's very subtle, words I didn't know was there! The singer basically muttered very softly and I never noticed them before but now it's there! Amazing!

The H7 is not going to be my BOOM BOOM BOOM IEM when I want something bass heavy, but for vocals, it is much better than any I've tried.

And now I understand why anyone needs more than one IEM
wink.gif

The amount of distortion your previous IEMs made, and the extra words that came with your new H7, even podcasts and audiobooks sound interesting again for a re-listen 
tongue_smile.gif

Jun 9, 2015 at 7:52 AM Post #5,681 of 11,664
If anyone is traveling through KLIA Airport in Malaysia, and has a few hours to waste, the electronics shop has the full range of Final Audio Design Headphones & Earphones, ready to audition.

Jun 10, 2015 at 8:37 AM Post #5,683 of 11,664
Just found the solution for the uncomfy stock tips for my Heaven V. Forget the stock tips, forget the SpinFit tips and forget the comply foams. I got InAir Foam tips which have wide bore and which are bit more sturdy than the Comply tips. Plus they have 5 pairs in the box and cost less than the Comply Foams. These do not make compromises to the sound quality and readjusting my IEMs inmy ears are now history. Highly recommended.

Jun 10, 2015 at 12:31 PM Post #5,684 of 11,664
Which Comply tips did you use prior to the InAir's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back