Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jun 11, 2015 at 2:35 AM Post #5,686 of 11,664
FYI guys, there has been a MASSIVE price increase on the heaven line, well I just check heaven V and VI price actually...
a couple days ago it was 22,200 and 32,000 respectively, now it's 37,560 and 51,600.

Man I should've not wasted my time thinking whether I should get 6 or 7. Now I can't afford both..

This doesn't make much sense. I thought the Yen is on a downward trend. Where did you check for these prices?

Jun 11, 2015 at 2:57 AM Post #5,687 of 11,664
Like many other companies, they did announce the adjustment in prices (over 10%) last month

http://av.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20150527_704024.html

When the currency is going into that direction, parts and raw materials would cost more than ever.

現行製品については、部品や原材料価格など生産コストの上昇などを理由に値上げを実施。型番なども変更となる。値上げ幅は「10%以上」としている。

Jun 11, 2015 at 2:57 AM Post #5,688 of 11,664
Received my Adagio III on Monday. Sound signature is very similar to my JLab J6 - very airy and tons of bass, except that it's not as well built (flimsy wires) and extremely sibilant! Just about every song has sibilance to the point that it's unusable. The J6 has none of that for the same songs.

I'm forced to use an EQ and turn it way down in the 4-8K range. That cures the sibilance, but now the airiness is gone, and it's dark and bassy. Usable but not ideal.

I've also tried burning in with pink and white noise, sweeps, the works. About 10-15 hours so far, but it doesn't help. I shouldn't complain for paying $27 for it, but then I paid about the same for the J6 and it was better built, with mic, remote buttons, Kevlar reinforced cables, 7 sets of tips and absolutely no sibilance.

Jun 11, 2015 at 3:01 AM Post #5,689 of 11,664
Like many other companies, they did announce the adjustment in prices (over 10%) last month

http://av.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20150527_704024.html

When the currency is going into that direction, parts and raw materials would cost more than ever.

現行製品については、部品や原材料価格など生産コストの上昇などを理由に値上げを実施。型番なども変更となる。値上げ幅は「10%以上」としている。

I see. Thanks for the info.

Jun 11, 2015 at 3:08 AM Post #5,690 of 11,664
Price increase aside, I see that the name and logo change just took effect as well.

I wonder again, if Touch of Modern's half price sale a few weeks ago was FAD's attempt to clear stock for packages with the old name and logo.

Jun 11, 2015 at 3:25 AM Post #5,691 of 11,664
Price increase aside, I see that the name and logo change just took effect as well.

I wonder again, if Touch of Modern's half price sale a few weeks ago was FAD's attempt to clear stock for packages with the old name and logo.

Honestly, I think FAD got wind of Touch of Modern's sale and pricing and thus enact stricter pricing range for Retailers everywhere.
When I see the price comparison for Japan's online retailers via Kakaku last week, everyone is selling Heaven VI at 31,000-36,000 range on a ~46,000 MSRP. Even with the price increase to 51,800 MSRP, retailers like Fujiya-Avic or E-earphone usually still sells stuffs well under Manufacturer's MSRP.

On the case of e-earphone, if it's 10%, it should've increased from 31,600 to 10-20% of that. Not 51,600 JPY which is exactly FAD's own MSRP. I think they are trying to close the gap between international price and domestic price on top of catching wind of the Touch of Modern sale.

Jun 11, 2015 at 3:38 AM Post #5,693 of 11,664

Touch of Modern was a mispricing not a sale, but FAD honoured the orders before tearing down from site

Jun 11, 2015 at 5:28 AM Post #5,695 of 11,664

Dear Peareye,

please note that the unique Sound Signature of the Heaven V and V-Aging is the same. Final is working with various materials on the housing, all developed inhouse in Tokyo. With Heaven V, only the finish of the material is different!

Enjoy - Christoph

Jun 11, 2015 at 5:39 AM Post #5,696 of 11,664
  Just found the solution for the uncomfy stock tips for my Heaven V. Forget the stock tips, forget the SpinFit tips and forget the comply foams. I got InAir Foam tips which have wide bore and which are bit more sturdy than the Comply tips. Plus they have 5 pairs in the box and cost less than the Comply Foams. These do not make compromises to the sound quality and readjusting my IEMs inmy ears are now history. Highly recommended.

If they are the large size (for my large ear openings, do you want to sell me a pair?)

Jun 11, 2015 at 5:57 AM Post #5,697 of 11,664

Dear Peareye,

please note that the unique Sound Signature of the Heaven V and V-Aging is the same. Final is working with various materials on the housing, all developed inhouse in Tokyo. With Heaven V, only the finish of the material is different!

Enjoy - Christoph

thanks chris,,,i ended up buying a heaven vi and a heaven viii anyway! 

Jun 11, 2015 at 6:17 AM Post #5,698 of 11,664
I hope you enjoy your Heaven VIII the same way, as we enjoy developing these products for people like you! Heaven VIII is a true master peace and I always compare it with the manufacturing of a Swiss watch or a beautiful bottle of wine. It is developed and purely hand made with the same precision, love and passion and our customer enjoy it with the same enthusiasm. We love that our customers look forward to using our products the same way they you look forward opening a nice bottle of wine in the evening.
The housing of the Heaven VIII is a stainless steel molded form created using MIM (what we call: Metal Injection Molding). After molding stainless steel powder with a die, the form is sintered in a furnace at temperatures exceeding 1'200 degrees, which produces a housing that is impossible with metal-cut items. With this technique, developed by our Engineers in Tokyo, it has become possible to freely design housing forms that have considerable influence on sound quality. Also, it has become possible to control elements such as resonance and airflow, which greatly effect changes in sound quality as well. Especially with the Heaven VIII, a significant level of tuning has been applied to the driver unit and the interior of the housing. Through this as well as heightening the low-bass reproducibility, a greater realism is achieved.
We hope you enjoy it. Christoph Umbricht

Jun 11, 2015 at 11:46 AM Post #5,700 of 11,664

My forte X-CC arrived and it is new stock with new packaging ect.

Will post some pics later :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back