FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Feb 11, 2016 at 3:16 PM Post #9,331 of 18,020

Sorry please understand that the bluetooth/wifi both are 2.4g wireless techinical , and everyone has their own special environment so it is hard to identify the reason but we did  test every X7 before shipment so it is not a design/manufacture issues. and all I can say

it is beyond our ability and that is why wireless can't be used for HiFi.

BTW, in 1.8 firware, you may need to reset the X7 first to get the correct volume of bluetooth and I have tested the volume by myself with my iphone/Mi/Sausung smartphone and there are not big difference in volume. 

might be i am a bit stupid, understood to do a factory reset, right? to apply the changes in BT output level?

and there i have a major prob: after factory reset all the handmade playlists are erased, too -> some hours of work disappeared.....
is there any option to export or save the playlists somewhere where they are not affected by factory reset?
any import/export playlist features planned for upcoming firmwares?

if yes, would be on top of my wishlist as i am hearing most time via individual playlists....

Feb 11, 2016 at 3:16 PM Post #9,332 of 18,020
@JamesFiiO, would rooting make the device no longer use the DAC at full capacity?

and, even when not rooted, would using 3rd party applications for audio make the device not use the full capacity of the DAC?

Feb 11, 2016 at 3:17 PM Post #9,333 of 18,020

might be i am a bit stupid, understood to do a factory reset, right? to apply the changes in BT output level?

and there i have a major prob: after factory reset all the handmade playlists are erased, too -> some hours of work disappeared.....
is there any option to export or save the playlists somewhere where they are not affected by factory reset?
any import/export playlist features planned for upcoming firmwares?

you can copy the files from the device.
would be fantastic to have proper m3u(8) support though.

Feb 11, 2016 at 3:27 PM Post #9,334 of 18,020
thanks, copy the files?
am a bit of electronic devices noob, how to copy the playlists?

ok, played a bit, found them in the android folder....
next time will copy BEFORE factory reset

Feb 11, 2016 at 3:40 PM Post #9,335 of 18,020
  thanks, copy the files?
am a bit of electronic devices noob, how to copy the playlists?

connect the player in usb mass storage mode to your computer, and go to the location as shown in the attached screenshot.
copy these. or copy "com.fiio.music.x7 entirely.

Feb 11, 2016 at 4:55 PM Post #9,336 of 18,020
Feb 11, 2016 at 5:02 PM Post #9,337 of 18,020

Sorry if answered elsewhere. How can I use the X7 as a DAC for an iPhone 6?

Can't.
smily_headphones1.gif

Have you tried Iphone -> CCK -> Regular Micro USB -> X7 (Dac Mode)?

Feb 11, 2016 at 5:06 PM Post #9,339 of 18,020
Oh, oops! My bad! :xf_eek:

Apologies. Carry on.....

Feb 11, 2016 at 5:09 PM Post #9,340 of 18,020
  To me ,people buying AKs are like people buying Rolexes. 

Its all style over substance. 
Goddammit people you dont need a 20 grand watch to tell you JUST THE TIME. A gold apple smartwatch costs less and has more uses.

Nope. Not a chance. I do not invest in jewelry, do not invest in anything that does not have a use. Modern architecture and objects do not surpass a normality value. I am a fan of modern art, but do not like watches. Not hate, but don't like. 

Why have a watch that tells you time, when you have like at least 3 things for that. Even more. God! Car has clock, computer has clock, smartphone has clock, and your brain has an entire area dedicated to tell you what hour it is. Buying something overpriced for that exact purpose is wasting money away. 

But buying audio things, TVs, smartphones, headphones, electronics in general will serve a purpose. They do something. I would not spend over 1500$ max on headphones either, because it would be wasteful. About 1000$ is the max amount of money I would spend on a DAP under any circumstances. Why? Because there is nowhere to go further. 

I heared X-sabre DAC + WA22 + HD800S. Testing with my own headphones, there was a difference in sound, but by far does not justify the price for me. Or rather, I would not pay it, even if it would justify the price. 

Just saying. AK380 does not look modern nor elegant, it is just expensive. I do like X7 better, when it comes to looks and UI. Soundwise, it is possible to create much better than AK380 for much less, but it will be quite thick and big. But it will even sound better. 

Relativity would be the word. Also perspective changes the value something has, because everything has a subjective value. 

Feb 11, 2016 at 6:29 PM Post #9,341 of 18,020
i know it has been maybe mentioned before

how do i root the x7 and install v4a

will installing v4a still utilize the high end dac in fiio x7

Feb 11, 2016 at 6:30 PM Post #9,342 of 18,020
  i know it has been maybe mentioned before

how do i root the x7 and install v4a

will installing v4a still utilize the high end dac in fiio x7

i'll be able to answer part one of your question in about 14 hours max.
hah. Joe did it: http://www.head-fi.org/t/713735/fiio-x7-dxd-dsd-384k-64b-ess9018-android-amp-module-design-call-for-3rd-party-amp-module-developers/7530#post_12195296

can anybody help me with getting a full firmware version (instead of just the OTA)

Feb 11, 2016 at 6:58 PM Post #9,343 of 18,020
@JamesFiiO
, would rooting make the device no longer use the DAC at full capacity?

and, even when not rooted, would using 3rd party applications for audio make the device not use the full capacity of the DAC?

1. Doesn't matter.

2. 3rd party players play at a fixed sample rate of 44.1kHz, unless they are explicitly programmed to take advantage of multiple sample rates in Android 4.x. Presently the only 3rd party app I know of that does this is Hiby.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 11, 2016 at 7:04 PM Post #9,344 of 18,020
1. Doesn't matter.

2. 3rd party players play at a fixed sample rate of 44.1kHz, unless they are explicitly programmed to take advantage of multiple sample rates in Android 4.x. Presently the only 3rd party app I know of that does this is Hiby.

i take it you mean it makes no difference?

isn't the FiiO app a modification of HiBy?

Feb 11, 2016 at 7:19 PM Post #9,345 of 18,020
1. Doesn't matter.

i take it you mean it makes no difference?

isn't the FiiO app a modification of HiBy?

1. Yes, rooting would not harm the device's capacity to make full use of its DAC.
2. Why do you ask? :wink:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back