FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Feb 11, 2016 at 9:48 AM Post #9,316 of 18,020
My dad sets the best examples : Want status? Get a High-quality fake rolex (swiss movement i think) for $250. Save                                                          yourself the rest of the cash.

Its all about perspective ,

people will think Obama is wearing a real rolex even if he is wearing a fake and people will think that a lower-earning person is wearing a fake rolex even if he/she is wearing an authentic rolex.

Feb 11, 2016 at 9:54 AM Post #9,317 of 18,020
Quick question; it was mentioned a little earlier that the X7 came with a case? Is this true? I was under the impression that it didn't, but then again it may have been included after the tour editions had been sent out. If it does are we talking a silicone sleeve or clear shell, like the old and new X1 cases respectively.

Feb 11, 2016 at 10:03 AM Post #9,319 of 18,020
Quick question; it was mentioned a little earlier that the X7 came with a case? Is this true? I was under the impression that it didn't, but then again it may have been included after the tour editions had been sent out. If it does are we talking a silicone sleeve or clear shell, like the old and new X1 cases respectively.

Its a clear shell, already put on the unit out of the box, same with the screen protector.

Feb 11, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #9,320 of 18,020

You should be pleased. I thought to myself that X7 is amazing as a device, the only drawback that I observed with it was battery life, which was not necessary small, but smaller than other Fiio players. 

I sure hope so. If not I have a 60 day return policy to take advantage of. They came with some free headphones (B&W P3) so some extra value at the same retail price.

I've had issues in not needing an audiophile dap since my phone is good enough. I'm thinking I can use these at work so hopefully that will justify the use of the X7. I probably should have downgraded my SE846 years ago but I was too lazy so I'll see how the SE846 sounds with a better source. 

Feb 11, 2016 at 11:15 AM Post #9,321 of 18,020
is there a way to use .m3u(8) in the FiiO player?

also, i discovered a bug:

open the audio player, tap one of the icons, now the "mini player" should appear on the bottom, showing "our lady peace - The Classic".
tap this, and the full player should appear. now tap the bottom right button (add to favourites) and add it to a playlist.

try to open this playlist now. the player crashes.

Feb 11, 2016 at 11:25 AM Post #9,322 of 18,020
HELP!

I did a Factory Reset (twice) to get the Bluetooth volume improvement with FW1.8 and now NO Bluetooth device will pair with my X7.

I had 8 things paired before with zero problems. I turned on the "Visible to all nearby Bluetooth Devices" --which I don't remember having to do before, but that could just be my memory. "Searching for Devices" = "Available Devices... No nearby Bluetooth devices were found."

I've tried 3 different headphones that were connected before the Factory Reset. Please tell me I'm doing something stupid.

Feb 11, 2016 at 11:36 AM Post #9,323 of 18,020
  .... Please tell me I'm doing something stupid.

Okay, you're doing something stupid. Sorry, but you asked me to tell you that. Seemed a little mean, but you asked politely.

Feb 11, 2016 at 11:38 AM Post #9,324 of 18,020
HELP!

I did a Factory Reset (twice) to get the Bluetooth volume improvement with FW1.8 and now NO Bluetooth device will pair with my X7.

I had 8 things paired before with zero problems. I turned on the "Visible to all nearby Bluetooth Devices" --which I don't remember having to do before, but that could just be my memory. "Searching for Devices" = "Available Devices... No nearby Bluetooth devices were found."

I've tried 3 different headphones that were connected before the Factory Reset. Please tell me I'm doing something stupid.

Tryresetting or turning off the headphones and try again?

Feb 11, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #9,327 of 18,020
Well I just received mine in the mail. Unfortunately I didn't realize I had to add the headphones in the cart so it came without free headphones. I sent the retailer an email to see if they can send it anyway so I'll see if they can do that.

It came with FW 1.3 so when I get home I'll update it. The dap is bigger than I imagined it would be or at least how thick it is. The clear plastic case and screen protector is already installed so that is an added bonus as I didn't know a case came with it until a few posts ago. I was thinking about purchasing the dignis case but now I probably don't have to. Luckily I had a microSD with some music on it so I can use it until I fill it with files when i get home.

The UI seems pretty good so far. As long as it's not buggy it's something I can live with but time will tell. It definitely looks like an improvement over the X1.

Feb 11, 2016 at 12:16 PM Post #9,328 of 18,020
  Okay, you're doing something stupid. Sorry, but you asked me to tell you that. Seemed a little mean, but you asked politely.

Yes, yes I was...stupid is as stupid does.

I was just doing the basic connection procedures and not the start-from-scratch-as-if-it-had-never-been-paired-before procedures. 
redface.gif

Carry on--nothing to see here...

Feb 11, 2016 at 12:31 PM Post #9,329 of 18,020
Yes, yes I was...stupid is as stupid does.

I was just doing the basic connection procedures and not the start-from-scratch-as-if-it-had-never-been-paired-before procedures. :xf_eek:

Carry on--nothing to see here...

Knew it. That's why I told you to reset :p

Feb 11, 2016 at 2:08 PM Post #9,330 of 18,020
Anyone looking for a great hard shell case for your valuable audio stuffs: $11

http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Universal-Travel-Electronics-Accessories/dp/B002VPE1QG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1455217468&sr=8-1&keywords=amazonbasics+case

Users who are viewing this thread

Back