FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Dec 21, 2014 at 12:07 PM Post #1,726 of 18,020
Only 32 gig internal storage? One micro slot? Double the price over x5? Why is it so difficult to supply at least 128 GB internal storage like Sony zx1? I realize Sony has no micro slot so maybe that was the trade off? Is 32 to 128 internal a huge difference in space requirements? I am also getting tired of not being able to purchase a player that can store my entire collection. If my house burns down I am still scrambling for internal and external pc drives to save my collection. So 1998.

Getting tired of being forced to buy multiple very expensive micro sd cards, tired of switching cards out. Sd cost alone to store my 800 GB collection would be $1000 for 7 128 cards. Add to $800 cost of player and it's ridiculous. Storage costs more than high end player. How many years before our (not really large) collections can become portable and not tied to the PC, external drives, ugly usb sticks through Otg? 256 micro will be welcome but at least $400 when it debuts. Still need four cards at a cost of $1600.

How about a new thread- you can start it- about storage.  'Cause it surely does not belong here.  That horse is dead, move along, nothing to see here.  Seriously, enough.

Dec 21, 2014 at 12:18 PM Post #1,727 of 18,020
Ok, I have been trying to keep up with this. I see the latest post by James on the storage and no big deal with 128gb cards and 258gb coming up. What I am not sure about as I have seen it batted about is, will this be DSD? Again no deal breaker for me but I do have DSD. And is it single ended or will it have balanced output as in TRRS?

Dec 21, 2014 at 12:26 PM Post #1,728 of 18,020
How about a new thread- you can start it- about storage.  'Cause it surely does not belong here.  That horse is dead, move along, nothing to see here.  Seriously, enough.

Excuse me? This is a thread about the x7. They just confirmed they are removing a micro card slot and I am commenting on it. How does that not belong here? The horse is dead? Fiio was here two minutes ago saying they had to take STORAGE OUT of the x7. Seriously, old dude, who employed you as content overseer? How is it that you can hog the forum all day with comments and I can't voice my 'occasional' opinion, even when it's related to the X7 in its own thread? I follow this thread to see if I am going to be an x7 customer. Now less STORAGE means I have one less reason to be an x7 customer.

Dec 21, 2014 at 12:27 PM Post #1,729 of 18,020
Ok, I have been trying to keep up with this. I see the latest post by James on the storage and no big deal with 128gb cards and 258gb coming up. What I am not sure about as I have seen it batted about is, will this be DSD? Again no deal breaker for me but I do have DSD. And is it single ended or will it have balanced output as in TRRS?

The balanced out will be RSA 4 pins , there exist adapted to use this with TRRS, It can changed amp modules according to comments from Fiio , I dont know how it will look and work though

Dec 21, 2014 at 12:31 PM Post #1,730 of 18,020

I understand why you said it, but it's very insulting to those of us who have enjoyed music for decades and have been / are willing to devote a larger proportion of our income to this hobby than the average man on the street, when a legitimate desire for high capacity DAP storage is rebutted with accusations that there must be some illegitimacy in the acquisition of such a large music collection. Some people think nothing of dropping a quarter of a million bucks on a hi-fi system; some people have stamp collections costing as much; some give away as much to charity each year, but whatever 'their thing' in life might be, it doesn't necessarily mean there is any illegitimacy involved. "Different strokes for different folks.", etc.

Respectfully, the request for optional high storage capacity in the X7 is a totally legitimate one, even if you don't personally feel the need for it.

Totally agree. Sheesh. Additionally, in this day and age there are many ways to legally download lossless songs for free or for very little cost. Ektoplazm anyone? Bandcamp? And many more sources as well (such as Soundcloud) if you take into consideration 320kbps mp3's.

About the "1 microsd card slot + wifi" versus "2 microsd card slots + no wifi" discussion, for me at this time I suppose I'm I am happier with the "1 slot + wifi" - by the time the X7 rolls out, the 128G cards should be affordable to me (not sure where the 256G card will be at that point). But it is too bad that "2 slots + wifi" isn't on the table at this time (let alone "mstata + wifi"). Oh well - we're just asking for too much too soon I suppose.

Dec 21, 2014 at 12:36 PM Post #1,732 of 18,020
And maybe you can add external memory via an OTG cable or even an external DAC if you want to improve SQ?

Dec 21, 2014 at 12:55 PM Post #1,734 of 18,020

rolleyes.gif

Dec 21, 2014 at 12:58 PM Post #1,735 of 18,020
Excuse me? This is a thread about the x7. They just confirmed they are removing a micro card slot and I am commenting on it. How does that not belong here? The horse is dead? Fiio was here two minutes ago saying they had to take STORAGE OUT of the x7. Seriously, old dude, who employed you as content overseer? How is it that you can hog the forum all day with comments and I can't voice my 'occasional' opinion, even when it's related to the X7 in its own thread? I follow this thread to see if I am going to be an x7 customer. Now less STORAGE means I have one less reason to be an x7 customer.

You should read the last few post and understand why the topic about storage is said to be a dead horse. Both sides already voice their sides and James already responded why there is only 1 slot. No need to keep repeating.

Dec 21, 2014 at 1:00 PM Post #1,736 of 18,020
@Mython

I feel your pain, brother!

However, even though the latest official information from FiiO development team might be disappointing to some of the potential buyers and users of X7, I guess it's not the end of the world.

Simply because there are some alternative solutions, available to those willing to solve their audio player storage problem by other means.

Dec 21, 2014 at 1:00 PM Post #1,737 of 18,020
we all have to accept that each side will repeat itself over and over, because we all want something. why would i stop saying that i need more storage? i need it, and i want it from the product i am going to buy.

If wifi consumes a little more battery, i am fine with it. 

--the right to speech.

Dec 21, 2014 at 1:04 PM Post #1,738 of 18,020
  @Mython

I feel your pain, brother!

However, even though the latest official information from FiiO development team might be disappointing to some of the potential buyers and users of X7, I guess it's not the end of the world.

Simply because there are some alternative solutions, available to those willing to solve their audio player storage problem by other means.

LOL!

My .gif was referring to the couple of posts that preceded it, about adding external devices.

biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back