FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Dec 21, 2014 at 3:02 PM Post #1,756 of 18,020
wifi over storage is poor choice esp those who want jump into audiophile terrain.now x7 has two disadvantages non replaceable battery and reduced storage but costly uncertain premium storage in a future date. conspiracy theory- may b james not disclosing everything to fuel x5 sales, voz it has suddently become unbeatable for 2015 as poor mans seductive dap.

Exactly. My x5 is looking better all the time. I may have to settle for otg usb storage options as best there is right now. At least 256 GB PNY usb stick works with x5 and only costs $80. Double the storage of biggest micro card at $35 less price point. Doesn't look good sticking out of the player or strapped to the side of the x5 but it's the cheapest large storage option for a player right now. I was about to buy 128 micro card for $120 but have decided against it. Will wait for price to come down next year. Also, using 64 GB card instead of 128 not a big difference in storage terms, but still a huge difference in price. Would also have loved to see msata possibilities.

May also have to forget about spotify streaming/downloading ability in a high end player (was my main reason for x7 interest) and just buy an iPod touch for $200, strictly for that purpose. Was hoping to avoid reverting back to a three year old, about to be dropped product, but getting spotify on a high end player is still an expensive proposition. Shocking that no one has released a decent spotify dedicated player yet, especially considering all the stereo equipment that now runs it.

Dec 21, 2014 at 3:13 PM Post #1,757 of 18,020
this thread will turn into a massacre! yay!

i also understand that this is a light thing, a first world problem, and it is just a thing. 

but it is so anoying knowing that some device could have been the best device in the world, and it is not. not even ak240 has not enough space for me. so i cannot pay more to have more right here. 

those wifi in the pocked drives are a long way to come yet. they don't have enough batterry and they do not have lossless playback. only mp3 and video, and some photo. just checked. so i guess that x7 will either sound better than heavens and be like, i can live with less music, because it sounds better, or... 

i should really stop watching this thread and replying to it, if it anoyis people, i guess that i can just wait until a company will ever make a good enough player for me considering that i would be happy to pay around 2500$ for the player that would have everything i need.

Dec 21, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #1,758 of 18,020
  those wifi in the pocked drives are a long way to come yet. they don't have enough batterry and they do not have lossless playback. only mp3 and video, and some photo. just checked. 

With spotify, you can download the tracks to your device for offline listening, and the offline listening would presumably not consume any more of the battery than normal.

And there are lossless steaming services such as Tidal (and more to come I'm sure).

i should really stop watching this thread and replying to it, if it anoyis people, i guess that i can just wait until a company will ever make a good enough player for me considering that i would be happy to pay around 2500$ for the player that would have everything i need.

Like I said before skerry2006aj, we live in different galaxies lol!

And honestly, there is nothing wrong with voicing your opinion - that's what we're all doing.

Dec 21, 2014 at 3:37 PM Post #1,759 of 18,020

And honestly, there is nothing wrong with voicing your opinion - that's what we're all doing.

+1, regardless of standpoint, either way
L3000.gif

Dec 21, 2014 at 4:11 PM Post #1,760 of 18,020
Exactly. My x5 is looking better all the time. I may have to settle for otg usb storage options as best there is right now. At least 256 GB PNY usb stick works with x5 and only costs $80. Double the storage of biggest micro card at $35 less price point. Doesn't look good sticking out of the player or strapped to the side of the x5 but it's the cheapest large storage option for a player right now. I was about to buy 128 micro card for $120 but have decided against it. Will wait for price to come down next year. Also, using 64 GB card instead of 128 not a big difference in storage terms, but still a huge difference in price. Would also have loved to see msata possibilities.

May also have to forget about spotify streaming/downloading ability in a high end player (was my main reason for x7 interest) and just buy an iPod touch for $200, strictly for that purpose. Was hoping to avoid reverting back to a three year old, about to be dropped product, but getting spotify on a high end player is still an expensive proposition. Shocking that no one has released a decent spotify dedicated player yet, especially considering all the stereo equipment that now runs it.
I Agree, I already wrote to WIMP a European streaming providor with HiFi quality streaming option, that they should talk with FiiO. For now I use WIMP on my iPhone/ iPod Touch which sounds great with my Grado GR10, but if FiiO could be an upgrade with the X7 , I wouldn't hesitate, and 128GB would be welcome to store the music for offline use.

Dec 21, 2014 at 4:28 PM Post #1,761 of 18,020
Everyone is having debates over wi-fi and storage but I am surprised that there is not more concern regarding the lack of replaceable battery.  I for one would not be happy shipping a $700 DAP to China and waiting for its return when the battery no longer holds a charge.  All the discussions about using more power from the battery are less of a concern if you can have charged spares that you can easily swap in.  

Dec 21, 2014 at 5:00 PM Post #1,762 of 18,020
   I am surprised that there is not more concern regarding the lack of replaceable battery.  I for one would not be happy shipping a $700 DAP to China and waiting for its return when the battery no longer holds a charge.  All the discussions about using more power from the battery are less of a concern if you can have charged spares that you can easily swap in.  

You just haven't explored the thread enough!
wink.gif

Dec 21, 2014 at 5:38 PM Post #1,763 of 18,020
I feel the need to apologize for the post I made earlier (that was deleted). I work in an industry that uses copyright and is affected by pirates. Yarrrrrrg ⚓️ Did not mean to offend or attack.

Back to the X7, I'm disappointed by the lack of at least 2 mSD slots and also feel that 32gb internal is too small for use with hi-rez. 64gb would be fine for me though. However, the biggest factor for my decision to purchase the X7 is the SQ. I may not jump on board in the first batch now like I did with the X3 and X5, but it's still on my radar. I'll just sit back this time around and wait for the impressions.

Dec 21, 2014 at 6:00 PM Post #1,764 of 18,020
I had the x5 for a few weeks and loved it,was going to hold out for the x7 but caved in and bought the AK100ii and have had no regrets it kills the x5 in build and ui,it has 64g internal and one slot which for me is enough because of the wifi which is fantastic,i can stream hirez from my mac and phone(connecting over wifi or 3g/4g using Bubbleupup),if the x7 can do this,and I believe can have a better sq then it will be a killer dap.

Dec 21, 2014 at 7:39 PM Post #1,765 of 18,020
I feel the need to apologize for the post I made earlier (that was deleted). I work in an industry that uses copyright and is affected by pirates. Yarrrrrrg ⚓️ Did not mean to offend or attack.

Back to the X7, I'm disappointed by the lack of at least 2 mSD slots and also feel that 32gb internal is too small for use with hi-rez. 64gb would be fine for me though. However, the biggest factor for my decision to purchase the X7 is the SQ. I may not jump on board in the first batch now like I did with the X3 and X5, but it's still on my radar. I'll just sit back this time around and wait for the impressions.

mine got deleted too... and i did not get to read yours... 

i feel that this comment might have something to do with me...

fun!
beerchug.gif

Dec 21, 2014 at 9:28 PM Post #1,767 of 18,020
The last I read, James wasn't happy with the designs on the first page.  It's hard to tell what the outside will look like based on the circuit board shots he posted a few weeks ago.  I'm sure he will post more in the future as the design and build come together. 

Dec 21, 2014 at 9:36 PM Post #1,768 of 18,020

With spotify, you can download the tracks to your device for offline listening, and the offline listening would presumably not consume any more of the battery than normal.

And there are lossless steaming services such as Tidal (and more to come I'm sure).

Damn, I was hoping for 2 slots, and Spotify compatibility ( downloaded playlists ).
I don't care whether there's wireless connectivity like Wi-Fi or Bluetooth, I'd happily download my Spotify playlists and other Hi-Rez content via USB.

My interest hasn't completely died, it's definitely in need of some TLC though
frown.gif

Dec 22, 2014 at 5:32 AM Post #1,769 of 18,020

Damn, I was hoping for 2 slots, and Spotify compatibility ( downloaded playlists ).
I don't care whether there's wireless connectivity like Wi-Fi or Bluetooth, I'd happily download my Spotify playlists and other Hi-Rez content via USB.

My interest hasn't completely died, it's definitely in need of some TLC though
frown.gif

You can't download Spotify playlists via USB (or with any other streaming services).
Wi-Fi is a must to use such services.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back