Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Mar 25, 2017 at 4:19 PM Post #5,941 of 15,899
  I have a problem here. On my Surface book I can't access to the sd-cards on fiio. When I plug the usb cable, it shows during 1sec the sd cards and then windows close the windows...

So I can't transfer and use DAC on my computer... I don't know if it is an energy problem with USB port ? Maybe problem of compatibility... I haven't explanation but it's a real problem on my side...

Someone have an idea ?

Thanks

ERROR : Une erreur a été détectée sur le périphérique \Device\Harddisk3\DR33 lors d'une opération de pagination.

​Do you have another computer to test with? I'm having similar issue with one Win 10 computer but it works fine with a different one.

Mar 25, 2017 at 4:32 PM Post #5,943 of 15,899
I have Windows 7 and my X5 III would not be recognized in the usb hub on my desk, I had to plug it directly into a usb port on front of my tower

Mar 25, 2017 at 4:40 PM Post #5,944 of 15,899
  I have Windows 7 and my X5 III would not be recognized in the usb hub on my desk, I had to plug it directly into a usb port on front of my tower

I believe that the X5 III is bus powered.  If that's the case, you will need to have enough power coming from the USB port to run it.  If your USB hub is powered it should work.

Mar 25, 2017 at 4:53 PM Post #5,949 of 15,899
This is a really good hub.  It offers 60 W, 12 Volts, and 5 Aamps. 

https://www.amazon.com/Upgraded-Anker-SuperSpeed-Including-Charging/dp/B005NGQWL2/ref=sr_1_11?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1490475032&sr=1-11&keywords=powered+usb+hub

Mar 25, 2017 at 5:06 PM Post #5,952 of 15,899
There is a way in the Fiio music app to use the tag "album artist" instead of "artist" ?
I have some compilations and it's quite annoying to have a lot of artist with just one track.

Mar 25, 2017 at 5:10 PM Post #5,953 of 15,899
  There is a way in the Fiio music app to use the tag "album artist" instead of "artist" ?
I have some compilations and it's quite annoying to have a lot of artist with just one track.

That is why I use folder view, all my daps have that problem

Mar 25, 2017 at 5:25 PM Post #5,954 of 15,899
So I finally started playing with my Fiio X5 red... Device is BEAUTIFUL, metallic red color is very nice. First impressions on setting up the device: 

1. Screen: OK quality. Not fully impressed with screen, but wasn't expecting much out of this type of device. Viewing angles could be a problem in direct sunlight, requires more testing on my part. Also dissapointed in the lack of adaptive brightness, but that's a personal preference for android devices
  2. Wifi - WHY must this be neglected on such a high priced player? I can barely pull 8mbit off a 2.4ghz wifi. Even an entry level phone pulls over 3 times this speed. Makes everything other than streaming audio tedious on this player. 
  3. Upgrade process leaves a little to be desired due to the wifi portion. OTA keeps failing due to "network issues", so manually downloaded OTA package, copied it on SD. Afterwards, upgrade process is counter-intuitive, as it's not integrated in the UI like normal android versions. @FiiO word of advice: Add this to the settings menu instead of a standalone app and use normal OTA transport and standards for upgrading if you can: https://source.android.com/devices/tech/ota/
  4. Fiio's market is very basic. Glad that there's the Play store on here. Makes things much easier to set up
  5. Did not get USB debugging to work yet, so no ADB

Next steps for me: 

1. USB debugging
  2. Rooting attempts (Should be easy with an old insecure android)
  3. Greenify the device for battery optimizations
  4. Test audio (Will post impressions and pics once I'm done) 

I'm a tad underwhelmed right now, but that's mostly because of my previous experiences with Android devices, which I compare this to. This might be somewhat unfair, but meh. To each his own. :wink: 

Mar 25, 2017 at 5:27 PM Post #5,955 of 15,899
  I think this is the problem on my surface book... It's a power problem...

That explains my issues in getting the Fiio device to work. :wink: Thanks for the head's up... This really sucks though. Might be a showstopper for me. 

Will try a dual USB-A cable to see if it changes things. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back