Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Mar 25, 2017 at 2:59 PM Post #5,929 of 15,899

Yes 1.1.4 is faster than 1.1.3.  I just upgraded and the app update took much less time than it did when I updated to 1.1.3.  Also overall the system is soooo fast.  I don't think it is palcebo.

Now to see if my Fiio music app issues are fixed....

+1

Evident improvement in the overall operation of "Android". It is clear that FiiO have touched something good, perhaps it has improved the access to memory or storage or cache use, or some optimization of processor, but everything goes more fluid.

Mar 25, 2017 at 3:01 PM Post #5,931 of 15,899
  I just ordered the black X5.  I should get it by middle of next week.  This was ordered from Amazon via the Tinble Store. I just hope this will drive the Grados just fine & will be a good replacement for the iBasso DX50.  

I was using my GH1's with the X5 last night, sounded great

Mar 25, 2017 at 3:01 PM Post #5,932 of 15,899
@FIIO

Just finished newest firmware upgrade.

Previously had MediaMonkey set to auto synch my files as soon as USB storage mode was turned on. That no longer works. It connects and then instantly disconnects now. Plugging into a different Win10 computer the USB storage mode works fine. Any of the updates have anything to do with this perhaps?

Thanks

Mar 25, 2017 at 3:02 PM Post #5,933 of 15,899

FiiO releases new firmware FW1.1.4 for X5 3rd gen

Recently the firmware upgrading of X5 3rd gen is quite frequent and many of you are quite active to share firmware feedback with us. We really appreciate your attention and support. To achieve better user experience with X5 3rd gen, we hereby would like to explain this matter to you.

First of all, we would like to briefly explain the procedure of how we release an official firmware:
New beta firmware created--> tested within our software team--> tested by our testers group in China and some of our testers abroad.
If the new improvements & functions are confirmed to be OK during all above tests, then we would release it.

One of the benefits of Android system is that we could keep adding new functions by firmware update. Therefore, the smart phones or other smart devices could be upgraded continuously during their product cycles and get more and more playability with each update. 

Due to the limit of software scheme and some unpredictable difficulties that we have met, there might be a bit delay on realizing some of the functions that we promised before. However, in the light of customer-oriented principle and to improve user experience, we also added some functions we didn't plan to add before. 

And of course, you have the right to choose whether to upgrade to the latest firmware or not. However, we normally would recommend our users to upgrade so that they could enjoy the product better.
When the firmware becomes more stable, we will slow down the firmware update in the future.

Hereby, we would like to listen to your opinions on how we should update our firmware: 
  • Keep up the current update frequency
  • One/two month a update

FiiO always respect the users' opinions and ideas. So you're welcomed to make any suggestion to us and we would be open to your advice. Thank you for your support again!

The following changes and improvements have been made to the FW1.1.4 compared to the FW1.1.3.

However, due to different using habits and that some of the problems may only happen in rare conditions, we could not detect all the problems during our tests. But we're working on to improve this situation now. If any of you would like to help us to test the firmware in the future, please contact support@fiio.net

1) Added option to return to the root directory with just one click while in the Folder view menu;
2) Fixed issue where FiiO Music would exit abnormally after creating a FiiO Music widget in the home screen;
3) Fixed issue where the ViPER effect would not work after restarting the player;
4) Fixed issue where the track number display and track skipping under a folder/album might not work properly;
5) Fixed issue where the player might give the "Storage unexpectedly removed" notice after waking up;
6) Fixed issue where FiiO Music would exit abnormally when switching the display between different track lists;
7) Fixed issue where the now playing list would be displayed incorrectly when resume playing a song;
8) Fixed issue where the Sleep timer value would not be reset after the Sleep function took effect;
9) Fixed issue where the set value of Idle poweroff timer might change after restarting the player;
10) Fixed issue where the idle poweroff function would still take effect when in DAC mode;
11) Miscellaneous bug fixes;

Firmware download: Click here 
How to upgrade: Click here

FiiO, you are excellent!!!!!.........I never heard that a manufacturer releasing these many firmware updates in this short period of time. Really amazed by the effort you are putting in to improve the user experience. Kudos FiiO

Mar 25, 2017 at 3:19 PM Post #5,934 of 15,899
FiiO, you are excellent!!!!!.........I never heard that a manufacturer releasing these many firmware updates in this short period of time. Really amazed by the effort you are putting in to improve the user experience. Kudos FiiO

+1. they are amazing, they PMed me to send me a beta firmware to confirm that the slot 2 microsd unmounting bug was fixed, never had so much quality of support. I don't mind the X5 bugs anymore and i don't understand people sending back their unit cause of a few bugs, Fiio is handling it.

Mar 25, 2017 at 3:19 PM Post #5,935 of 15,899
I've released my firmware mod similar to DX200 project here.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/842071/fiio-x5iii-firmware-modification-project

It also contains latest 1.1.4 files too. :)

Regards,
Keetakawee

Mar 25, 2017 at 3:37 PM Post #5,936 of 15,899
I have a problem here. On my Surface book I can't access to the sd-cards on fiio. When I plug the usb cable, it shows during 1sec the sd cards and then windows close the windows...

So I can't transfer and use DAC on my computer... I don't know if it is an energy problem with USB port ? Maybe problem of compatibility... I haven't explanation but it's a real problem on my side...

Someone have an idea ?

Thanks

ERROR : Une erreur a été détectée sur le périphérique \Device\Harddisk3\DR33 lors d'une opération de pagination.

Mar 25, 2017 at 4:10 PM Post #5,938 of 15,899
  I have a problem here. On my Surface book I can't access to the sd-cards on fiio. When I plug the usb cable, it shows during 1sec the sd cards and then windows close the windows...

So I can't transfer and use DAC on my computer... I don't know if it is an energy problem with USB port ? Maybe problem of compatibility... I haven't explanation but it's a real problem on my side...

Someone have an idea ?

Thanks

ERROR : Une erreur a été détectée sur le périphérique \Device\Harddisk3\DR33 lors d'une opération de pagination.

Did you install the driver?
link to driver

Users who are viewing this thread

Back