Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Mar 25, 2017 at 5:34 PM Post #5,956 of 15,899
  I updated to the new firmware without any problems, but the fiio music app is still crashing on me.

I have the same problem.Since this morning my player is unusable: Every time i try to use the fiio player it crashes and stops completely to work after about 1 song.

On the screen shows the message  "Fiio Music isnt' responding - Do you want to close it?" then i close and try again to oper the app but nothing: it continues to crash.

In addition, if i try to reboot the player, the reboot Windows remains on for several minutes (also 1/2 hour!!!) and i am obliged to keep the on/off button for 10 seconds to restart the player.

Please, help me! It's not normal for a 449 € player: my smarthphone reads better my micro sd card without issues!

Mar 25, 2017 at 5:50 PM Post #5,957 of 15,899

I have the same problem.Since this morning my player is unusable: Every time i try to use the fiio player it crashes and stops completely to work after about 1 song.

On the screen shows the message  "Fiio Music isnt' responding - Do you want to close it?" then i close and try again to oper the app but nothing: it continues to crash.

In addition, if i try to reboot the player, the reboot Windows remains on for several minutes (also 1/2 hour!!!) and i am obliged to keep the on/off button for 10 seconds to restart the player.

Please, help me! It's not normal for a 449 € player: my smarthphone reads better my micro sd card without issues!

Might pay t directly email FiiO support.  I agree - it does not seem normal.  i've been using the X5iii longer than most of you, and I haven't had any crashes.  Use it a lot too.

Mar 25, 2017 at 6:24 PM Post #5,958 of 15,899

You can go back to it like it was new but this will delete everything so backup and read instuctions.  
https://www.dropbox.com/s/37aia851prvoal8/X5III%20Firmware%20Upgrade%20Tool%20with%20FW1.1.1.zip?dl=0
Post#4796 Pg.320

Mar 25, 2017 at 6:54 PM Post #5,960 of 15,899
When I had the X5III in Titanium and firmware 1.1.1 I could easily hear background hiss connected balanced with my SE846's between tracks & very slightly in track if trying to listen for it.

When my Red arrived yesterday I immediately updated it to 1.1.3 before using, and connected balanced I couldn't notice any hiss, even between tracks really.

So one thing I don't get; those se846 have a 9ohm impedance (although some sources say 16), and the balanced out from the x5-3 is rated at 3ohm. There should be at least an order of magnitude difference between source and phones, otherwise things tend to sound like ass.

So is the 3ohm rating from fiio too conservative? Is it really much lower or what gives?

Mar 25, 2017 at 7:15 PM Post #5,961 of 15,899
Does anyone who owns this dap also have the Campfire Audio Andromeda? I'd like to know how it pairs up with it as the Andromeda is really picky with source and hiss. I read somewhere that the balanced output doesn't do much over the SE output. Does that seem to be the case? 

I like how this has dual memory card slots compared to the X7 which I briefly owned which only had one. I have an opus#1 right now however looking at my different options in this price range.

Mar 25, 2017 at 7:37 PM Post #5,962 of 15,899
Mine is playing fine, the only weird issue is when the screen is off and I pause the music, if someone talks to me and if it more than a few minutes I then press play and turn on screen it is playing a different album.

Mar 25, 2017 at 7:38 PM Post #5,963 of 15,899
Question
What is that circle next to my wi fi signal strength meter on the top banner of the x5

Mar 25, 2017 at 7:39 PM Post #5,964 of 15,899
Also has anyone tried the firmware from windows x
A guy says he is using it an the player sounds 5x better than with fiio software

Mar 25, 2017 at 8:11 PM Post #5,966 of 15,899
Also has anyone tried the firmware from windows x
A guy says he is using it an the player sounds 5x better than with fiio software

That was a joke.

Sometimes I feel like Steve Martin in 'Roxanne' -- "...Irony? No, we don't have that here."

Mar 25, 2017 at 8:15 PM Post #5,967 of 15,899
Question
What is that circle next to my wi fi signal strength meter on the top banner of the x5

Balanced headphone connected.

Mar 25, 2017 at 8:18 PM Post #5,968 of 15,899
Thank u much Musiclover

Mar 25, 2017 at 8:25 PM Post #5,969 of 15,899

Have you tried resetting it via clear cache and such? 

I mean, not only full factory rest but also erase things from recovery mode? 

While it might not fix everything, it might fix them - something like an usual Android thing. 

At any rate, opening a discussion with support is sure to solve your issues and give you a sound sleep 
beerchug.gif

Mar 25, 2017 at 9:20 PM Post #5,970 of 15,899

I updated to the new firmware without any problems, but the fiio music app is still crashing on me.

I had the same problem earlier and all I did was take out the mSD cards .. scan using a pc for errors and fix errors and put it back on the device and everything works as it should. Give it a try and to isolate the issue I suggest you remove each mSD card and see if the issue is being resolved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back