Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Mar 25, 2017 at 8:34 AM Post #5,881 of 15,899
  my X5 just proposed me a firmware update !!!! I'm in 1.1.3 :D :D

Mine too. But OTA download is very slow : 10 kb/s !
blink.gif

Mar 25, 2017 at 8:38 AM Post #5,883 of 15,899
I can't find a link to the new FW

Mar 25, 2017 at 9:35 AM Post #5,888 of 15,899

FiiO releases new firmware FW1.1.4 for X5 3rd gen

Recently the firmware upgrading of X5 3rd gen is quite frequent and many of you are quite active to share firmware feedback with us. We really appreciate your attention and support. To achieve better user experience with X5 3rd gen, we hereby would like to explain this matter to you.

First of all, we would like to briefly explain the procedure of how we release an official firmware:
New beta firmware created--> tested within our software team--> tested by our testers group in China and some of our testers abroad.
If the new improvements & functions are confirmed to be OK during all above tests, then we would release it.

One of the benefits of Android system is that we could keep adding new functions by firmware update. Therefore, the smart phones or other smart devices could be upgraded continuously during their product cycles and get more and more playability with each update. 

Due to the limit of software scheme and some unpredictable difficulties that we have met, there might be a bit delay on realizing some of the functions that we promised before. However, in the light of customer-oriented principle and to improve user experience, we also added some functions we didn't plan to add before. 

And of course, you have the right to choose whether to upgrade to the latest firmware or not. However, we normally would recommend our users to upgrade so that they could enjoy the product better.
When the firmware becomes more stable, we will slow down the firmware update in the future.

Hereby, we would like to listen to your opinions on how we should update our firmware: 
  • Keep up the current update frequency
  • One/two month a update

FiiO always respect the users' opinions and ideas. So you're welcomed to make any suggestion to us and we would be open to your advice. Thank you for your support again!

The following changes and improvements have been made to the FW1.1.4 compared to the FW1.1.3.

However, due to different using habits and that some of the problems may only happen in rare conditions, we could not detect all the problems during our tests. But we're working on to improve this situation now. If any of you would like to help us to test the firmware in the future, please contact support@fiio.net

1) Added option to return to the root directory with just one click while in the Folder view menu;
2) Fixed issue where FiiO Music would exit abnormally after creating a FiiO Music widget in the home screen;
3) Fixed issue where the ViPER effect would not work after restarting the player;
4) Fixed issue where the track number display and track skipping under a folder/album might not work properly;
5) Fixed issue where the player might give the "Storage unexpectedly removed" notice after waking up;
6) Fixed issue where FiiO Music would exit abnormally when switching the display between different track lists;
7) Fixed issue where the now playing list would be displayed incorrectly when resume playing a song;
8) Fixed issue where the Sleep timer value would not be reset after the Sleep function took effect;
9) Fixed issue where the set value of Idle poweroff timer might change after restarting the player;
10) Fixed issue where the idle poweroff function would still take effect when in DAC mode;
11) Miscellaneous bug fixes;

Firmware download: Click here 
How to upgrade: Click here

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 25, 2017 at 9:47 AM Post #5,891 of 15,899
Excellent! Wonderful customer service and response.:thumbsup::sunglasses:

Mar 25, 2017 at 9:47 AM Post #5,892 of 15,899

its similar to the M$ Insider program where they created some rings of updates...
 -i hope you fix the issue with fonts (where Chinese are shown instead on non-ASCI Chars)

additional features:
 - responsive prev/next buttons in FiioMusic Player (would be nice to see the button has been touched)
 - search part in play-list... i please you to redesign it.. its almost not possible to find what has been written in sunlight (everything is sooo dark - small.....)
 - i really wait for ReplayGain function (the working one:)

Mar 25, 2017 at 9:57 AM Post #5,893 of 15,899
Fiio,

Until the firmware becomes more stable, please keep the current update frequency, fixing the issues as fast as you find them.  Later, when you are looking to just add features and bug squishing isn't the priority, an update once or twice a month would be great.  I think right now the priority should be fix all the issues you can and ensure all the promised functionality is working before slowing down the number of updates a month.
Thank you for letting me express my opinion.
Cheers and All the Best!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Mar 25, 2017 at 10:06 AM Post #5,895 of 15,899
  May be a noob question, but what is the advantage of the coax line out, if sending digital out it will be reprocessed with another DAC, and possibly a worse one....??? 

Because the point is that you may also use a better one! 
biggrin.gif
  For example, I intend to use the X5iii as my home music source/transport feeding a Schiit Gungnir Multbit DAC and Mjolnir 2 Amp for my Mr. Speaker Ether C Flows.
The Gungnir (multibit) DAC and Mjolnir 2 Amp are a step up from the X5iii (DAC/Amp) but I can save a little money by using the X5iii as my music source...and then unplug it and a have a darn good portable to carry around with me...
wink_face.gif

Hope that helps...
Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Users who are viewing this thread

Back