Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Mar 25, 2017 at 12:26 AM Post #5,851 of 15,899
The fiio music app keeps crashing on me, first it was the songs skipping took too long now this! I really want to like the fiio X5 but all these software issue are really frustrating. The only thing that is keeping on the x5 is the sound quality, but I'm really close to going back to my modified ipod which is at least reliable. Hope fiio works out all the bugs 

Mar 25, 2017 at 12:39 AM Post #5,852 of 15,899
My current setup at home using the X5iii. Docked into the K5 which connects via RCA line-out to a Sennheiser HDVA600 and HD800. Just need to find someone who sells a cable that will go from FiiO's 2xTRS 3.5mm connectors to XLR for full balanced!

Mar 25, 2017 at 12:59 AM Post #5,853 of 15,899
I have been following the thread and was waiting for the red to be available. I ordered it from Tinbel on Amazon. Originally it was set to arrive April 3rd updated to March 29th. I am excited for it!!!

I have the FiiO x5 1st gen currently will my current digital out coax cable work with the 3rd gen???
Yes it will. I used the x5iii coax cable hooked to the Aune S6. No problem.

Wait, no. The SAME X5-1 3.5mm TS coaxial adaptor, or a custom 3.5mm TS coaxial cable for the X5-1 will not work with the X5-3 TRRS port.

The X5-3 shares a port with the line out and because of this you need to use the 3.5mm TRRS coaxial adaptor that's included in the box with the X5-3, or use a custom 3.5mm TRRS coaxial cable to your DAC.

The signal pins do not line up between the X5-1 and X5-3 for coaxial output port and therefore you need to use the appropriate adaptor with the appropriate generation.

Mar 25, 2017 at 1:01 AM Post #5,854 of 15,899
Wait, no. The SAME X5-1 3.5mm TS coaxial adaptor, or a custom 3.5mm TS coaxial cable for the X5-1 will not work with the X5-3 TRRS port.

The X5-3 shares a port with the line out and because of this you need to use the 3.5mm TRRS coaxial adaptor that's included in the box with the X5-3, or use a custom 3.5mm TRRS coaxial cable to your DAC.

The signal pins do not line up between the X5-1 and X5-3 for coaxial output port and therefore you need to use the appropriate adaptor with the appropriate generation.

Aye, mistake noted. Apologies.

Mar 25, 2017 at 2:06 AM Post #5,855 of 15,899

​I just sold my Metal OPUS which is a unit between the #1 and the #2 in price but sonics are the best of the 3 IMO.
 I cannot say anything bad about the unit. Fantastic sound. The U.I. was pretty basic.
I can kick the i5 by Cayin and Dx200 from ibasso as they are pretty poor devices IMO. Pink Floyd via EX1000 sounded fantastic on OPUS and congested on i5 and ipodish in DX.

The X5iii was bought (this story was already shared) to pinch the hype using my OPUS as the hype killer.
Then the device started and so did my love for it. The DX200 came in and it's stunningly poor replay was the new focus. The OPUS got lost in the mix. I did a comparison that now has more views than any D vid on the net...pretty sure.

The OPUS is fine and folks that say otherwise are axe grinding.
The X5iii is outstanding and folks that say they don't like it? fine (opinion)... it is poor? are axe grinding.

I just sold one and kept the other.

I live in Japan and can hear whatever I want at anytime.

The TOTL for me that nobody uses cuz Sony is an ultra pain in the azz is the PHA-3 (The only balanced out that ever sounded different from the SE on any device I ever heard) so that beast stays forever. For portable I chose the X5iii

Love the X5iii.
I was a guy looking to do a vid and see what the building hype was about and if it was hype in my mind...I was going to throw cold water on faces and enjoy it.
I'm a dick like that.

But the X5iii sounds fantastic.

Ever read Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance?

“And what is good,
And what is not good—
Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?”​

Listen for yourself.
Everybody
including me are at various levels of  "Full of crap"
If you can't listen for yourself....choose the most charismatic conman and pray for luck
wink.gif

few days ago i had an offer to re-buy cowon plenue s for a great price, but instead i bought the x5iii . I thought well dam I will lose this great offer of cowon s, but then I thought well I own  the cowon plenue pm2, which sounds close to cowon s. Now literally I use fiiio x5iii more than my cowon pm2. Not that cowon is not good as its a great dap as well, but I am totally into the sound of fiio x5iii. 

Now if fiio x7 2gen will have the same dac and will have have remove-able amps modules then I will buy that as well, as it seems I am an AK 4490 lover 

to put into more bold perspective as I once owned the ak380, with fiio x5iii you are getting so close to the ak380 sound , yes the ak380 is a tiny bit more refined, but man it costs 3400 usd. But also do not forget that the eq on ak380 is bad and with x5iii you can use all 3rd players and eq the hell out of it and also use viper effect on stock music app

so if it came to real life use i would pick the x5iii even over the ak380 again

Mar 25, 2017 at 2:13 AM Post #5,856 of 15,899
Hello everyone,

Need suggestions on some good closed back headphones. I am currently using the ZA Duoza and really like their signature with the X5 iii. I have read about the Duozas being comparable to the AT CKR10 and better than the CKR9. I also find them more balanced and detailed than the ATH M50 that I currently own. I haven't been able to find much comparisons of closed back HP with the Duozas but one reviewer preferred them to the MSR7. My current budget is 250$ and need to buy a new pair which is better or at par with the CKR10 in sound quality. Any recommendations will be appreciated.

Mar 25, 2017 at 3:02 AM Post #5,857 of 15,899
Hello, I have a question about x5iii outputs. Why the balance 2.5 out has less power and worth sound than the unbalanced 3.5? Usually in other players the 2,5 balance output has a bridge connection between amps with higher voltage as a result. But in this player voltages is lower and impedance higher. Could you explain me? Because I have good 32om balanced headphones with good quality expensive custom balanced cable and I don't like this strange difference.

Mar 25, 2017 at 3:44 AM Post #5,858 of 15,899
I'm really pissed. How can i purchase a new product and,after only two days of normal usage, not being able to listen to a song without in always crashes?
This morning i connected the player to my car with cable and i have not been able to listen to a song without the player gets corrupted.
This seems to be the same problem the fiio x3 suffered.
I owned a astell&kern ak70 for a cup of month and it never crashed, so i think i will return the player to the seller.

Dear Fiio, we are not on the right road

Mar 25, 2017 at 3:46 AM Post #5,859 of 15,899
  The fiio music app keeps crashing on me, first it was the songs skipping took too long now this! I really want to like the fiio X5 but all these software issue are really frustrating. The only thing that is keeping on the x5 is the sound quality, but I'm really close to going back to my modified ipod which is at least reliable. Hope fiio works out all the bugs 

I faced the same problem this morning. I think i will return mine too

Mar 25, 2017 at 3:47 AM Post #5,860 of 15,899
Hi,

Too bad that it isn't possible to scrobble on last.fm from the pure music fiio app. (Simple Last FM doesn't work...)...
And PowerAmp isn't working well on Fiio X5, maybe in a future BETA.

Do you use Last.FM ? What kind of player do you use ?

Mar 25, 2017 at 3:53 AM Post #5,862 of 15,899
I'm really pissed. How can i purchase a new product and,after only two days of normal usage, not being able to listen to a song without in always crashes?
This morning i connected the player to my car with cable and i have not been able to listen to a song without the player gets corrupted.
This seems to be the same problem the fiio x3 suffered.
I owned a astell&kern ak70 for a cup of month and it never crashed, so i think i will return the player to the seller.

Dear Fiio, we are not on the right road
Just asking, why not stay with the AK ?

Mar 25, 2017 at 4:04 AM Post #5,864 of 15,899
NAND storage bug

Yesterday I plugged the X5 in storage mode to my computer while downloading the spotify cache that I had just lost
now in android my internal memory is divided in two, internal storage, and NAND flash
factory reset didn't fix the issue

Mar 25, 2017 at 4:07 AM Post #5,865 of 15,899
Yours is a provocative question?I needed a player with a better battery and with quick charge, with a better bluetooth and that could read also cue file.

Are you satisfied? Sorry but i'm really annoyed 
when products dont work it sucks. Even when I have 7 daps if one aint working it gets anoying. Once you silve it the X5III is worth the trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back