FiiO E5 amp (E3 upgraded)
Sep 17, 2008 at 2:51 AM Post #76 of 1,737
I am so completely in on this as well. I recently got my RE2's from head-direct via Raffle (thank you Nankai), and the low end blows. I was about to order up an e3 till I read this. I shall await with anticipation. I have read that the RE2 has good synergy with the fiio.

whoever is in the know, please keep us informed if there is a group buy or if they need more volunteers for auditioning.

Sep 17, 2008 at 5:28 AM Post #77 of 1,737
It's good to hear that they will be doing something about the sheilding (RFI problem) on the new E5. Plastic case is bad for sheilding, unless it has been sprayed on all sides with and RFI coating.

Now just need to know when the E5 will be available?

Steve

Sep 18, 2008 at 1:53 PM Post #78 of 1,737
News direct from FiiO on the E5 sent to me by PM today. Recharge batteries included, metal case and under $20:

Dear Steven:
Thanks for your interesting in our E5, the detail information now are available in head-fi, you may read the thread! and about the retail price, I can tell you what would happen in china mainland market, it will be about 16USD , but about the oversea market or ebay, consider of the shipping cost, I can't tell you the price!

So, you can see ,the price is very reasonable for a metal case , with a MCU controller inside, rechargerable-battery, and upgrade sound quality!

Also, we are thinking about maybe we can develop a desktop DAC with headphone output, digital amp , so those people like music can uses laptop PC/mini PC as a digital music source! of course, We will keep the price in a reasonable price level!

Thanks and best regards!

2008-09-18

James Zhong (FiiO)

They are also thinking about a DAC unit version, would that be the E7?

Steve

Sep 18, 2008 at 2:20 PM Post #79 of 1,737
Great news! Now we just need an ETA.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 18, 2008 at 4:14 PM Post #80 of 1,737
Wow, great, i will be getting one just to try against my chunky cmoy i use in bed. Dont carry it everyday, too big, but it makes a little difference, wonder if the e5 will be a bigger difference...

If a DAC/AMP comes out i will be getting that to test up against my U Control, $60 is a great price for optical and RCA in and out options, as well as Hp/o, and it sounds pretty good, but i am thinking about borrowing or borrowing then buying a D2 Boa to upgrade too (mainly for laptop, but for D2 bed rig [better than cmoy], but maybe not now, maybe e5 for d2 rigs, daytime too [small] and U control, or u control + e5 for laptop until Fiio DAC) if the difference is good enough, as that can be used in my d2 rig too, so we can have a DAC showdown of U Control, Boa, and Fiio dac/amp, u control RCA out -> Fiio e5 and u control RCA out -> cmoy.

I think the Boa would be best, with the Fiio following, and the U Control combos following, then the u control alone last.

Anyway, if the E5 is good i will get one for the U Control and D2 Bed/day rig, and maybe get a Boa for the Laptop, but not the d2 rigs, as it is much bigger i think, and i hope, and think they will sound close... If they do, i will be selling the Boa when the Fiio DAC/AMP comes out! Small (i guess) good sounding and pretty cheap... Small enough to be used in D2 rig, smaller than Boa and bigger than E5 i guess, and probably an equal DAC to the U Control alone, maybe even as good as the u control amped with a Fiio E3/E5/Cmoy, and cheaper than the Boa i reckon!

E5 for d2, here i come, boa for laptop here i come (soon)

Fiio DAC for d2 and laptop come soon!!!

LET THEM KNOW WE AT HEAD-FI ARE INTERESTED AS MUCH AS WE ARE IN AMPS ONLY PLEASE! PRODUCE THEM PLEASE!

Matt

Sep 19, 2008 at 7:41 AM Post #82 of 1,737
If James of FiiO has an ETA in mind, I am sure he will tell one of us.

Sep 19, 2008 at 7:53 AM Post #83 of 1,737
Hopefully before xmas.

Sep 19, 2008 at 8:05 AM Post #84 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by roxxor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hopefully before xmas.

That, I believe, is FiiO's plan as well.

Sep 19, 2008 at 7:50 PM Post #89 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm surprised at just how much interest there is in a product which hasn't even been fully developed yet.

Well... I'm sure a lot of people here would like one of them Xin Supermicro but they aren't cheap. From what I can tell, the E3 is 10 bucks around the same size as a Supermicro, so of course a lot of people are interested. If they can improve the amp even more beyond E5 and keep a low price, then this could potentially kill a lot of portable amp manufacturers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back