FiiO E5 amp (E3 upgraded)
Sep 19, 2008 at 10:12 PM Post #91 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm surprised at just how much interest there is in a product which hasn't even been fully developed yet.

I'm not a bit surprised. Have you noticed that more or less everything suggested here as improvements to the E3 are going to be implemented on the E5? Optional bass boost, on/off switch, better shielding, usb rechargable battery, volume control etc.

Sep 20, 2008 at 9:35 AM Post #94 of 1,737
ETA of FiiO E5:

Dear steven:

The E5 will be available before november! so far ,all is ok, and we are testing the sample now!

Thanks!

2008-09-20

James Zhong

So now we have the ETA!

Steve

Sep 20, 2008 at 10:28 AM Post #96 of 1,737
Wicked
smily_headphones1.gif

Cant wait! If it is better than my cmoy i will give my cmoy away, and use it in my portable rig as well as my bed rig (nice n small fiio's are!)

Then i wont get a D2 Boa after Xmas until i know if they are going bring out a DAC before/in the new year, i imagine the DAC would be good, maybe a bit better than my U Control + FiiO e5, and hopefully a fair bit better than my U Control + Cmoy, and miles better than my U Control alone... I hope!
tongue.gif

Matt

Sep 20, 2008 at 11:34 AM Post #98 of 1,737
Look at my earlier thread on page 8. It will be available for about US$16 in the shops in China, figure additional postage costs when it hits the streets/ebay.
jecklinsmile.gif

Steve

Sep 20, 2008 at 6:12 PM Post #102 of 1,737
Yeah, i had a SuperMacro3 $200 amp, and you could only charge via mains cable or remove all 8 AAA batteries (and in my charger only charge 4 at once) but with USB you can charge with laptop (convinient for my use) or plug into an adapter.

Yeah, $16 + $2-4 shipping with DealExtreme sounds about right i think... We'll see.

Matt

Sep 21, 2008 at 5:21 PM Post #103 of 1,737
Although color is moot point to most of us, I hope James and his crew over at FiiO will come out with not only black and white versions of the E5, but also silver for those of us who may own a silver DAP (and there are many on this board who do, like myself). I aleady wrecked one E3 shell by trying an "East L.A.-style" Testors silver spray-paint job on them, and I don't want to have to go through all that crap again.

With improvements like improved boost over the E3 and a few other things already mentioned in this thread, I can't wait 'til November for (at least) some shots of it to appear in the press, let alone be for sale.

BTW, I tried my E3 with my 16-ohm cling-wrap modded MDR-EX90's and they sound even louder and more heavy than straight to my HD5 (through my RM-MC40ELK remote), but I currently don't use them in my setup because of the color clash (black amp and silver accessories).

Sep 21, 2008 at 6:36 PM Post #104 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIGHMW /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I aleady wrecked one E3 shell by trying an "East L.A.-style" Testors silver spray-paint job on them, and I don't want to have to go through all that crap again.

What happened? The color didn't stick?

Sep 21, 2008 at 8:26 PM Post #105 of 1,737
I can't wait until this bad boy comes out. And for that matter, when my e3 finally gets here from Hong Kong...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back