FiiO E5 amp (E3 upgraded)
Aug 27, 2008 at 12:44 PM Post #46 of 1,737
Any more news on this from those chinese forums?

Sep 5, 2008 at 5:54 AM Post #50 of 1,737
Last I heard (rumor), FiiO has almost finish the primary design and now in hardware development. Through I doubt we will see the E5 anytime soon (soon as in next few weeks), I do hope they can keep the new amp as affordable as the E3.

Sep 5, 2008 at 11:40 AM Post #51 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After a round of PM, FiiO admin James told me the company does have plan to invite a few head-fi'ers for an early preview of their E5 before the release. No name was mentioned, but he seem to have a good idea of whom to invite (he reads our forum too). We shall wait and see.

I'd be interested in one as well... I mailed FiiO about my E3 review, but never got a response.

Sep 5, 2008 at 1:10 PM Post #52 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd be interested in one as well... I mailed FiiO about my E3 review, but never got a response.

I am sure FiiO already takes notice since I saw they linked your review in their forum as well.

Sep 10, 2008 at 2:56 AM Post #53 of 1,737
A bit of news update for the E5.

James of FiiO told me they have plan for inviting 5~10 head-fi'ers for an early review of E5, No specific detail yet but those who had reviewed the E3 on earlier time will be on their preference list. This will most likely happen after FiiO becomes a MOT in the forum.

Now about the E5: The release date is scheduled to be before Christmas, still no specific time yet. The demo set is currently being tested, and is claimed to have 'overall improved SQ, especially on soundstage and clarity. Original bass enhancement has been kept, but is optional to accommodate different headphone'

Sep 10, 2008 at 10:28 PM Post #54 of 1,737
My already-depleted wallet will be ready for the release of the E5, and so will my MDR-NC60's, the same noise-canceling cans I currently use with my E3.

Sep 11, 2008 at 4:24 AM Post #57 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by scytheavatar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any ideas on what price range we should be expecting? I take it that the E5 will be several times the price of the E3.

No idea on the price yet since the hardware has not been finalized.

Sep 11, 2008 at 4:40 PM Post #58 of 1,737
Too bad this isn't being released sooner. My Guard unit leaves next Friday for mobilization. Guess I'll have to wait.

Sep 11, 2008 at 5:37 PM Post #59 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zimm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Too bad this isn't being released sooner. My Guard unit leaves next Friday for mobilization. Guess I'll have to wait.

Well either way good luck out there bro, and stay safe. Rock on
k701smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back