FiiO E5 amp (E3 upgraded)
Aug 24, 2008 at 2:52 PM Post #31 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by G-man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
also, i hope the belt clip is removable, as i doubt i would use it that often.

x2
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 24, 2008 at 4:04 PM Post #32 of 1,737
I now use the E3 exclusively with both my MDR-NC60 and MDR-NC22 phones, to add the moderate power boost as well as much needed bass and tame the otherwise over-exaggerated treble.

As for a clip for the E5, later this afternoon, I will try adding a clip onto the back of my E3 (a mod job that just requires a little Krazy Glue or equivalent), the clip being from one of my old Sony MD/CD remotes (from a black Sony RM-MC33L that came with one of my D-NE700 PCDP, not needed as I have a color-matched RM-MC33EL to match my silver D-NE700), and I'll post pics of the finished product on both the FiiO-related topics.

Aug 25, 2008 at 1:45 AM Post #34 of 1,737
After a round of PM, FiiO admin James told me the company does have plan to invite a few head-fi'ers for an early preview of their E5 before the release. No name was mentioned, but he seem to have a good idea of whom to invite (he reads our forum too). We shall wait and see.

Aug 25, 2008 at 2:14 AM Post #36 of 1,737
The problem is the company doesn't seem to do oversea business directly (that's where DealExtreme comes in). Not release date is set, AFAIK.

Aug 25, 2008 at 2:17 AM Post #37 of 1,737
Well it will be interesting to see the evolution of the amps from this company.

Aug 25, 2008 at 2:31 AM Post #38 of 1,737
I wonder when will they try to jump into the really high-end stuff, or would they rather specialize in affordable, extremely small amplifiers.

I just realized something: The rechargeable battery means they'd have to ship it out with a power adapter unless its USB. This would really push costs up.

Aug 25, 2008 at 2:37 AM Post #39 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder when will they try to jump into the really high-end stuff, or would they rather specialize in affordable, extremely small amplifiers.

I just realized something: The rechargeable battery means they'd have to ship it out with a power adapter unless its USB. This would really push costs up.

You can get small switching power supplies for the charging at very reasonable price in China, so I don't think this will be a problem, cost wise. It will make a little larger package though. Someone that in innovative could also make a small wall adapter not much bigger than the current amp.

Aug 25, 2008 at 2:49 AM Post #40 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by G-man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i hope the belt clip is removable, as i doubt i would use it that often.

I agree. If I'm using an amp, it will be velcroed to my player in as compact a bundle as possible. Extraneous clips are a no-no for me. Very curious to see this E5 in the wild...

Aug 25, 2008 at 4:23 AM Post #41 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

First post says USB Charging.

Aug 26, 2008 at 1:16 PM Post #45 of 1,737
An upstart pumps out more amps with less time between revisions than a Xin Supermicro? Will the gods of head-fi allow this?

Can't wait to get an E5 - this FiiO company seems to respond to customer demand and feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back