Fidue A71 Dual Dynamic - Impressions Thread
Mar 30, 2015 at 9:26 AM Post #333 of 353
Don't have none of the refered.

I have T-PEOS Altone 200, Ostry KC06, Havi B3 Pro I, VSONIC VSD3S and this one and...

...the Fidue A71 is my daily driver. Powerfull bass and sound. A bit smooth and detailed at the same time. Mids at the front of the sound and unagressive treble. Very "live" type musical and addictive sound. But these are not for treble heads but for ALMOST bass heads.

I also cut the memory wire in this because it was not easy to handle with that. But it is very easy to take out.

With the new releases many people forgot about these but they are a very powerfull and immersive sound for about $100.

Mar 30, 2015 at 8:11 PM Post #334 of 353

I have T-PEOS Altone 200, Ostry KC06, Havi B3 Pro I, VSONIC VSD3S and this one and...

...the Fidue A71 is my daily driver. Powerfull bass and sound. A bit smooth and detailed at the same time. Mids at the front of the sound and unagressive treble. Very "live" type musical and addictive sound. But these are not for treble heads but for ALMOST bass heads.

I also cut the memory wire in this because it was not easy to handle with that. But it is very easy to take out.

With the new releases many people forgot about these but they are a very powerfull and immersive sound for about $100.

After owning the A71 for few months and used extensively for a period, I agree its sound is very good for $100. However, I found the mid-bass to be a bit too much and not enough sub-bass. On some tracks the mid-bass became a bit fatigueing and only decreasing the volume would help. I'm not a diehard basshead but I love it and find the ZA DuoZA to be a better match in terms of SQ. Punchy bass that responds very good on fast tracks, well textured deep and powerfull sub-bass, mids and highs that are a bit clearer, more detailed and well extended. Very good separation and soundstage as well.

Considering I only paid about $15 more for the DuoZA and how highly regarded they are, I recommended those who can snag a pair to do so. After burning the DuoZA for 100 hours, I haven't touched the A71 since.

Apr 30, 2015 at 10:44 AM Post #336 of 353
May 16, 2015 at 2:20 AM Post #337 of 353
Got a fast question here I can't seem to find anything in searches.
What is the difference between the regular A71 and the A71-TI Tech, is it the cable?  There is a $20 difference between the two. Sorry if it is obvious, but searches didn't find anything for me.
 Penon descriptions show the TI as having a silver plated cable and the other does not say that, but could be a slight omission . Is that the difference? If so I would have thought the prices would then be reversed.
Thanks

~N

May 16, 2015 at 5:34 AM Post #338 of 353
  Got a fast question here I can't seem to find anything in searches.
What is the difference between the regular A71 and the A71-TI Tech, is it the cable?  There is a $20 difference between the two. Sorry if it is obvious, but searches didn't find anything for me.
 Penon descriptions show the TI as having a silver plated cable and the other does not say that, but could be a slight omission . Is that the difference? If so I would have thought the prices would then be reversed.
Thanks

~N

I think your best bet is to contact Penon and enquire, they're farily clued on with changes between their products. 

May 17, 2015 at 3:31 AM Post #340 of 353
Thanks mochill ! Now I guess I have to guess what the sound difference might be :)  I thought at first you said larger nozzles but longer=I guess for better fit.

Jun 14, 2015 at 8:05 AM Post #342 of 353

Could you please make a more detailed comparison of A71 with Havi (and maybe with T-Peos, Ostry and Vsonic)?? My Havi's got a broken cable lately, so I'm searching now for another IEM with 'that sound' but better cable.
I loved my Havis for a huge 3D-like soundstage and excellent details with no sibilance. I used some EQ to improve sub-bass and low-mids and it was wonderful, so I'm OK with EQing the IEMs.
Ostry is 'fun' but lack of mids and 3D for me. Haven't listened the Vsonic and Altone yet, but I can do it after reading your comparison and then decide I should order A71 or not(cuz I can not test A71 in any local store, so decision will be based on your words and listening to Ostry, Havi, Vsonic and T-Peos).
Thank you!!!

Jun 14, 2015 at 8:31 AM Post #343 of 353
Could you please make a more detailed comparison of A71 with Havi (and maybe with T-Peos, Ostry and Vsonic)?? My Havi's got a broken cable lately, so I'm searching now for another IEM with 'that sound' but better cable.
I loved my Havis for a huge 3D-like soundstage and excellent details with no sibilance. I used some EQ to improve sub-bass and low-mids and it was wonderful, so I'm OK with EQing the IEMs.

Ostry is 'fun' but lack of mids and 3D for me. Haven't listened the Vsonic and Altone yet, but I can do it after reading your comparison and then decide I should order A71 or not(cuz I can not test A71 in any local store, so decision will be based on your words and listening to Ostry, Havi, Vsonic and T-Peos).

Thank you!!!

The A71 is completely different to the Havis. They're a bassy V shapes sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back