Explain your avatar
Sep 26, 2012 at 5:23 AM Post #1,892 of 3,006
Quote:
Considering his nature, I'm sure flame wars doesn't shy from him, nor do he. But this would put me into unnecessary flame wars, which I won't be able to retort other than "Dude, check the names.".

And just think, that one moment of What/confusion may be enough to stop a war.  For the sake of peace, this must be done!

Quote:
@2009 Star Trek
Karl Urban was absolutely brilliant. Everything else was meh.

The Voyage Home was actually my favorite of the TOS films.

Yeah I liked Urban in that.  I remember thinking that it would be hard to find someone that could do justice to DeForest Kelley, but he did a great job.

Sep 26, 2012 at 9:54 AM Post #1,893 of 3,006
Quote:

And just think, that one moment of What/confusion may be enough to stop a war.  For the sake of peace, this must be done!

He doesn't like me too much. I don't think he's going to be happy, especially when I flip his avatar upside down. 

Maybe I should say I'm from Barsoom, too, to further the confusion? 
evil_smiley.gif

Sep 26, 2012 at 10:11 AM Post #1,894 of 3,006
Quote:

He doesn't like me too much. I don't think he's going to be happy, especially when I flip his avatar upside down. 

evil_smiley.gif

That will be comical! 

Sep 26, 2012 at 10:19 AM Post #1,895 of 3,006
I can sense a ban hammer looming in the distance if things get too out of hand... Jus a feelin... :D

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Sep 26, 2012 at 11:10 AM Post #1,897 of 3,006
Oui... Prolly just my old paranoia from days long gone creeping in... :D

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Sep 26, 2012 at 3:15 PM Post #1,898 of 3,006
Quote:

evil_smiley.gif

Originally Posted by Achmedisdead /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That will be comical!

LOL, there are VERY few people that obobs dislikes.  He mostly dislikes arguments and certain points that he doesn't agree with, I don't think it gets personal very often.

Quote:
I can sense a ban hammer looming in the distance if things get too out of hand... Jus a feelin...
biggrin.gif
Occluding obobskivich October?
Oui... Prolly just my old paranoia from days long gone creeping in...
biggrin.gif

I SERIOUSLY doubt that will happen.  Why does everyone think Currawong is a killjoy? 
confused.gif
  I think that - as always - it would be based on how we conduct ourselves and how we treat each other.  The avatar thing is just innocent fun, LOL.

Sep 26, 2012 at 3:37 PM Post #1,900 of 3,006
Sep 26, 2012 at 4:48 PM Post #1,901 of 3,006
Quote:

LOL, there are VERY few people that obobs dislikes.  He mostly dislikes arguments and certain points that he doesn't agree with, I don't think it gets personal very often.

Oh, but I disparaged Bose as a company. (lol)

Sep 26, 2012 at 5:27 PM Post #1,903 of 3,006
Quote:

Oh, but I disparaged Bose as a company. (lol)

OT:  Yes, you did, lol.  But here's the thing, obobs was around when a lot of the ire we hurl at Beats today was once directed at Bose.  He's not a Bose fanboy, but he's just way tired of generalized arguments against Bose.  So in that sense, he craves arguments that are light on speculation and generalization, and heavy in supportive facts.  It's just his thang, part of his charm if you will. 
wink.gif

Quote:
I was just naming the theme, tis all. Occluding Obobskivich October. OOO.

Ohhh... okay, I see.  Excellent, Occluding Obobskivich October (OOO) it is!

Sep 29, 2012 at 4:21 PM Post #1,904 of 3,006
October's Avatar Theme:  Occluding Obobskivich October a.k.a. OOO a.k.a. obobtober!

So guys, October is here!  Just thought I'd remind everyone about OOO (Occluding Obobskivich October) or obobtober.

Since oatmeal can be a bit boring to look at (especially for a whole month), we'll have a little fun and honor our favorite epic-length posting buddy (and defender of Bose's honor), obobskivich
biggrin.gif

That's the official cover story BTW.  It's also gonna be great fun (i.e. hilariously confusing to people not in on it) when we all go around posting with his avatar... hence the name of this month's avatar theme. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

BTW, special thanks to jgray91 for coming up with the names for this month's theme. 
wink.gif

If you've already got an obobskivich avatar all picked out, feel free to rock the one you like.  Although I'd like to point out that for maximum hilarity and confusion, whichever one he's using now would be FUNNAY!  In case y'all need it, here's his current one:

Also, to help spread the word (and clue-in those who will be massively confused), feel free to put a link to this post in your sigs. 
smile.gif

Okay y'all, here we go!

popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back