Explain your avatar
Sep 25, 2012 at 1:57 AM Post #1,876 of 3,006
Quote:

If a bunch of people actually do it, I will be laughing the headphones right off of my skull. Then everyone has to post in the same threads above and below each other to spread the confusion further, hahaha.

Yup, it's gonna be freakin' hilarious!  We'll find the threads that he posts in (not hard because he's all over the place).  This is gonna be a riot! 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
OK, I have one of his avatars ready for the switch....lol

Same here!  LOL! 
biggrin.gif

Sep 25, 2012 at 5:16 AM Post #1,877 of 3,006
Quote:
Quote:

If a bunch of people actually do it, I will be laughing the headphones right off of my skull. Then everyone has to post in the same threads above and below each other to spread the confusion further, hahaha.

Yup, it's gonna be freakin' hilarious!  We'll find the threads that he posts in (not hard because he's all over the place).  This is gonna be a riot! 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
OK, I have one of his avatars ready for the switch....lol

Same here!  LOL! 
biggrin.gif

This, plus Halloween tricks at month end?! The month may end up being remembered as "Over-the-top October!" 
evil_smiley.gif

Sep 25, 2012 at 6:37 AM Post #1,879 of 3,006
So are we all going to use current Ob's or previous avatars?

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Sep 25, 2012 at 8:05 AM Post #1,881 of 3,006
Quote:
Current.
And if he's weak enough to succumb under stress and change it next month, we'll change with him.

Current? I have his previous one set aside...the "Aye Laddie" one.

Sep 25, 2012 at 2:38 PM Post #1,883 of 3,006
Quote:
This, plus Halloween tricks at month end?! The month may end up being remembered as "Over-the-top October!" 
evil_smiley.gif

Ooh, what Halloween tricks? 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Quote:
I like bananas :D

Yes, you do. 
biggrin.gif

Quotes:

So are we all going to use current Ob's or previous avatars?

Current.
And if he's weak enough to succumb under stress and change it next month, we'll change with him.

I think it's more fun if we took his previous one, but I can also see that it's more hilarious and have maximum confusion if we decide to go with the current one. Either way works fine, IMO. Well now time to get me them avatar lest he deletes them LOL.

Oh I'm definitely going with whichever one he has atm.  And if I notice him changing it, I'll change with him.  He can run, but he can't hide.

Y'all can choose whichever one you like of course.  But don't forget that if we use one of his older ones, people will just think that we're on a weird Star Trek or Scotty fetish...

Sep 25, 2012 at 3:47 PM Post #1,885 of 3,006
Quote:
I'm disappointed in you.
Why would you care what other peops think about our avatars?

LOL, well I personally don't care.  And I've been a Trekkie all my life so I'm perfectly happy with people thinking whatever they want to think about me personally - very little of which will be true anyway since they don't know me. 

I'm personally going with his current one because of the confusion-fun-factor, and because it would have less meaning to observers if we went with a wide variety of Scotty avatars.

But just in case some of the people doing oboboskivich October are NOT Trekkies here, I wanted to mention that. 
smile.gif

Sep 25, 2012 at 3:50 PM Post #1,886 of 3,006
LOL, well I personally don't care.  And I've been a Trekkie all my life so I'm perfectly happy with people thinking whatever they want to think about me personally - very little of which will be true anyway since they don't know me. 

I'm personally going with his current one because of the confusion-fun-factor, and because it would have less meaning to observers if we went with a wide variety of Scotty avatars.

But just in case some of the people doing oboboskivich October are NOT Trekkies here, I wanted to mention that.  :smile:

I've watched TOS and Enterprise and I both enjoyed them. Does that make me a Trekkie?

Sep 25, 2012 at 4:05 PM Post #1,887 of 3,006
Quote:
I've watched TOS and Enterprise and I both enjoyed them. Does that make me a Trekkie?

If you like them, yes.  There's a huge spectrum of Trekkie-ness.  On one end people just enjoy the shows.  On the other end, people live Trekkie alter egos.  And of course, there's everything in between.  Did you like the 2009 movie?

Sep 25, 2012 at 4:06 PM Post #1,888 of 3,006
If you like them, yes.  There's a huge spectrum of Trekkie-ness.  On one end people just enjoy the shows.  On the other end, people live Trekkie alter egos.  And of course, there's everything in between.  Did you like the 2009 movie?

I remember watching the 2009 late on night before I even watched any other Star Trek show, and I was neutral about it.

Sep 25, 2012 at 4:24 PM Post #1,889 of 3,006
Quote:
I remember watching the 2009 late on night before I even watched any other Star Trek show, and I was neutral about it.

It's a lot more action oriented and less cerebral.  Also. it's missing the morality play aspect.  But it was a big hit and probably brought more people to Trek so over all I think it's positive.

Yeah, I'm definitely going with his current one - which would include whichever one he changes his to should he try to escape me.  It's gonna be a fun month... especially with some of the flame wars he's been getting into. 
biggrin.gif

Sep 25, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #1,890 of 3,006
Yeah, I'm definitely going with his current one - which would include whichever one he changes his to should he try to escape me.  It's gonna be a fun month... especially with some of the flame wars he's been getting into.  :D

Considering his nature, I'm sure flame wars doesn't shy from him, nor do he. But this would put me into unnecessary flame wars, which I won't be able to retort other than "Dude, check the names.".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back