EPZ Discussion and Impressions
Sep 5, 2023 at 12:26 PM Post #76 of 101
Sep 6, 2023 at 5:14 PM Post #77 of 101
Anyone here who also have experience with Penon Turbo and can compare?
Don't have the Penon Turbo, alas (yet), but do have the Aür Audio NEON Pro.

After two weeks of A/B testing, the Aür Audio win on technicalities (by a hair) but the EPZ 530 win on sheer emotion and incisive musicality.

Probably doesn't help you much!

Deano.

Sep 6, 2023 at 5:16 PM Post #78 of 101
Sep 6, 2023 at 5:18 PM Post #79 of 101
Surprised by these literally every time I listen to them. Like Aurora, I find them kinda romantic sounding, they just do it differently.
After two weeks living with the EPZ 530, they've pushed my Aür Audio to second choice. Yup the 530s are really that good 😍

Sep 6, 2023 at 5:21 PM Post #80 of 101
Received my EPZ 2 weeks ago.

I'm roundly gobsmacked and jaw dropped 😂
Just realised it's "only' been 9 days yikes. Not two weeks. That's how immersive the EPZ 530 must be!

Sep 6, 2023 at 10:18 PM Post #81 of 101
I have just received the silver palladium cable from Xinhs yesterday.
I can confidently says that this cable is worth the price.

With Epz530 is match in heaven.

Compared to stock cable, vocal is more vivid, clear and airy and at the same time open up the soundstage. I prefer this cable compared to penon vocal.

Sep 6, 2023 at 10:25 PM Post #82 of 101

Compared to stock cable, vocal is more vivid, clear and airy and at the same time open up the soundstage. I prefer this cable compared to penon vocal.
Edit: nevermind found it

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2023 at 7:15 AM Post #83 of 101

It's a great cable 😍

Sep 25, 2023 at 10:15 PM Post #84 of 101
Fellow epz530 owners, What eartips are you using for your Epz530.

I have just recently received Softears UC eartips. My impression is very positive on this eartips. midrange and vocal clarity and also presence are excellent. It also has very open presentation.

Oct 23, 2023 at 11:31 AM Post #85 of 101
Fellow epz530 owners, What eartips are you using for your Epz530.

I have just recently received Softears UC eartips. My impression is very positive on this eartips. midrange and vocal clarity and also presence are excellent. It also has very open presentation.
Spinfit CP100 worked the best for me, but the yellow tips came with it are pretty good as well. Great hidden gem.

Mar 18, 2024 at 10:31 PM Post #86 of 101
Having real problems taking these out of my ears. Vocals both male and female are so sublime, everything is is just so well presented across the frequency range. These have leapfrogged many more expensive iems in my collection. The only minor niggle I can come up with is the bass is a little soft/lacking that DD attack but it's only a really minor niggle. I'm really having to reevaluate all BA iems after the EPZ 530 to be honest I think for me they may be my BA endgame.
I've just ordered it... let's see how it fairs against TSMR-X, Penon's 10AE, and Quattro's, which is not fair to compare.
I also got the TP50 to pair, although I think it might be too bright and a better pairing for the Quattro.
Best

Mar 18, 2024 at 10:48 PM Post #87 of 101
I've just ordered it... let's see how it fairs against TSMR-X, Penon's 10AE, and Quattro's, which is not fair to compare.
I also got the TP50 to pair, although I think it might be too bright and a better pairing for the Quattro.
Best
I own the TSMR X and Penon 10th AE both have robust DD implemented so the epz 530 is a completely different flavour I would say that in their respective signatures they are all pretty even the epz wins in the fit and shell design they are just beautiful and very well assessorised with a fabulous cable with interchangeable terminations and then there's the wooden box!
I really enjoy all 3 sets and would be happy to have any one of then as my only iem.

Mar 25, 2024 at 12:34 PM Post #88 of 101
I own the TSMR X and Penon 10th AE both have robust DD implemented so the epz 530 is a completely different flavour I would say that in their respective signatures they are all pretty even the epz wins in the fit and shell design they are just beautiful and very well assessorised with a fabulous cable with interchangeable terminations and then there's the wooden box!
I really enjoy all 3 sets and would be happy to have any one of then as my only iem.
Well today is the day I get to try EPZ 530+ TP50.
I'll drop by with initial impressions, hope it meets expectations, as I have great ones...

Mar 25, 2024 at 5:50 PM Post #89 of 101
Well today is the day I get to try EPZ 530+ TP50.
I'll drop by with initial impressions, hope it meets expectations, as I have great ones...
Well, just beautiful iems!

First impressions are great, and they put a smile on my face. Have to hear them more, and burn in. So far, a characteristic that jumped right away are the detail retrieval/airyness.

Attachments

• 20240325_173719.jpg
    20240325_173719.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
Mar 26, 2024 at 2:40 PM Post #90 of 101
1000048897.jpg

Heard it for a couple of hours, their sound is sublime, specially with live recording ie Musica Nuda Live at FIR, gave me goosebumps.

They create a real to life atmosphere, the airyness is surreal. For other types of recordings their midrange is, to my ears a bit recessed in comparison to TSMR-X, none the less wonderful.

They truly shine in the layering, soundstage, and spacial orientation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back