EPZ Discussion and Impressions
Aug 6, 2023 at 12:18 PM Post #47 of 102
As far as I know they are only universal
Oh, I didn't know, especially after seeing this on their official site:

EPZ530Customization.PNG

I have both , playing on shanling h7 t800 sounds amazing , i like sub and bass of t800 more … but Epz 530 are better by far …
OK! Thanks for sharing. And, for me the T800 are amazing on the DX300 (stock amp card). I don't really like them on a tube amp though. While they are bright, they have somewhat of a soft attack for the distortion that a tube amp would add.

Aug 6, 2023 at 12:23 PM Post #49 of 102
Oh, I didn't know, especially after seeing this on their official site:

EPZ530Customization.PNG

OK! Thanks for sharing. And, for me the T800 are amazing on the DX300 (stock amp card). I don't really like them on a tube amp though. While they are bright, they have somewhat of a soft attack for the distortion that a tube amp would add.
T800 are soo hard to drive well …

Aug 6, 2023 at 9:17 PM Post #50 of 102
I stand corrected. That would be such a sweet CIEM!!
Either way, you have answered my original question though... Many thanks! :)

I wonder what the price would jump to if ordered as a custom set?!
T800 are soo hard to drive well …
This is very true. They are such detail monsters and very low impedance (9Ohms IIRC) that they don't synergize well with just any old source... :)

Aug 8, 2023 at 5:15 PM Post #51 of 102
Serious question is the EPZ 530 the best epz do or are there other bargains to be had? I have the Q5 which I love super bargain at it current asking price.

Aug 9, 2023 at 11:10 AM Post #53 of 102
Surprised by these literally every time I listen to them. Like Aurora, I find them kinda romantic sounding, they just do it differently.

Aug 10, 2023 at 6:47 AM Post #56 of 102
Can somebody make a review thread for the EPZ 530?

Aug 10, 2023 at 10:52 AM Post #57 of 102
What would you say are main differences from Aurora?

To put it simply, Aurora is warmer, has more note weight, and is less bright.

Aug 10, 2023 at 10:57 AM Post #58 of 102
To put it simply, Aurora is warmer, has more note weight, and is less bright.

If you have the time, how does it compare technically to the Aurora?

Aug 10, 2023 at 12:45 PM Post #59 of 102
If you have the time, how does it compare technically to the Aurora?

Aurora has a slightly wider stage, and sounds a bit more spacious to me. It is also more resolving, especially in the midrange where you get a little extra texture compared to the 530. The 530 has more note definition and sounds "sharper"(which some might perceive as more clarity). But it's actually kind of tricky, because I'm not sure how much the tuning of the 530 is influencing my perception there. And the note edges of Aurora being ever-so-slightly soft in comparison feels like an intentional design choice. Imaging I'm not too sure on. I know Aurora is pretty good in that department, but I do plan on playing some Ratchet and Clank on my PC later so maybe I can report back on the 530. I need to A/B some more to speak on the bass, but obviously it's double DD bass versus BA.

I prefer the aesthetics of the 530. I know you didn't ask, just throwing that out there haha.

Aug 10, 2023 at 1:10 PM Post #60 of 102
Aurora has a slightly wider stage, and sounds a bit more spacious to me. It is also more resolving, especially in the midrange where you get a little extra texture compared to the 530. The 530 has more note definition and sounds "sharper"(which some might perceive as more clarity). But it's actually kind of tricky, because I'm not sure how much the tuning of the 530 is influencing my perception there. And the note edges of Aurora being ever-so-slightly soft in comparison feels like an intentional design choice. Imaging I'm not too sure on. I know Aurora is pretty good in that department, but I do plan on playing some Ratchet and Clank on my PC later so maybe I can report back on the 530. I need to A/B some more to speak on the bass, but obviously it's double DD bass versus BA.

I prefer the aesthetics of the 530. I know you didn't ask, just throwing that out there haha.

Really illuminating comparison for me. Thanks! Agreed, a brighter more distinct treble will give definition but that doesn't equate to note texture. I love the ergo on the 530 too. So comfy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back