EPZ Discussion and Impressions
Jul 21, 2023 at 12:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 101

ian91

Headphoneus Supremus
_DSC3891.jpg

EPZ 530 pictured with my CEMA silver/copper mix with Sandalwood accessories

There's been a lot of hubub about this 5BA IEM over the past few weeks in the Discovery thread and various other places, so I thought there should be a place to discuss this IEM and share our thoughts. I've not had it long but at the current asking price of (at time of writing) $410 on AliExpress, there is undeniable value and as far as I can see it's offering something unique at the price point as an all-BA setup. It's organic and weighty but with a bright-leaning tonality and lots treble detail and extension. It has impressive resolution throughout the FR. Plus the stabilised maple wood shells...yes please!

I'm surprised this has been around for 2 years but hasn't gained significant momentum within the community. A personal thanks to @Tonytex for highlighting this IEM to me in a recent video over on Youtube.

Look forward to hearing peoples thoughts on this one!

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2023 at 1:13 PM Post #2 of 101
Waiting the arrival of my set in lovely jade green. £290 from the EPZ store on Aliexpress

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2023 at 1:16 PM Post #3 of 101
Waiting the arrival of my set in lovely jade green

Make sure to check in with your thoughts when it arrives. It shouldn't be long, Cianao shipping to UK seems to be quite 'accelerated'...! (I'm not complaining).

Jul 21, 2023 at 1:25 PM Post #4 of 101
Make sure to check in with your thoughts when it arrives. It shouldn't be long, Cianao shipping to UK seems to be quite 'accelerated'...! (I'm not complaining).
I got the EPZ Q5 as a funny Comparison to my Meze Advar only to be floored by how good it sounded so I gambled on the 530 after seeing the Akros video review and chatting with the EPZ rep on Aliexpress who was very nice and convinced me my life would be better with a pair in my life 😂

Jul 21, 2023 at 1:27 PM Post #5 of 101
Waiting the arrival of my set in lovely jade green. £290 from the EPZ store on Aliexpress

My early assessment is that it's worth that and I think some more too. Looking at your signature you have heard a wider spread in this price segment though so maybe you can shed a brighter light on true value.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2023 at 4:28 AM Post #9 of 101
@ian91, I am going to have to revisit these. I remember of the 3 EPZ models I ordered, I prefered the 5BA 530 version vs K5 & 630.

It really sounds as though they're making the most of 5BA. Great balance of transparency and note weight. Also impressed how it renders vocals (male and female), plenty of space and detail, not at all compressed. The only issue I've had so far is some cymbals that are too spicy for me, I'm hoping cable / tip rolling with mitigate that. Otherwise it's a tuning home run.

Edit: turns out I was getting some canal resonance that resolved with deeper insertion using Tenmak Hurricanes. Treble now very nice indeed.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2023 at 8:46 AM Post #10 of 101
Realmente parece que eles estão aproveitando ao máximo o 5BA. Grande equilíbrio entre transparência e peso da nota. Impressionou também como ele renderiza os vocais (masculino e feminino), com bastante espaço e detalhes, nada compactado. O único problema que tive até agora são alguns pratos que são muito picantes para mim, espero que o cabo / ponta rolando mitigue isso. Caso contrário, é um home run de ajuste.

Edit: Acontece que eu estava obtendo alguma ressonância de canal que foi resolvida com uma inserção mais profunda usando Tenmak Hurricanes. Agudos agora muito bom mesmo.

You try final type E tips?

Jul 22, 2023 at 3:03 PM Post #11 of 101
You try final type E tips?

I did try them and even though, at the time, they settled some of the treble, they warmed it too much for my tastes. Anyway, it was ear canal resonance that turned out to be the issue and I just needed a deep fit.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2023 at 8:24 PM Post #13 of 101
hmmm.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2023 at 1:33 AM Post #14 of 101
For anyone on the fence, these are currently part of Ali's "super deals" promotion, down to $376(US), and there's also a store coupon to knock off another $11.

Jul 25, 2023 at 1:48 AM Post #15 of 101
Again, just great value for money. If you like a Qdc-like tuning with midbass over subbass and plenty of clarity and brilliance this is it. I was hoping my purchase of the 530 would be a catch and release, but I quite quickly decided to hold onto it. Very competitive resolution and timbre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back